Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Greetings from Brighton (Page 4)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   
Author Topic: Greetings from Brighton
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Greetings from Brighton indeed.
I was at the west pier when the east one collapsed. We couldn't see it, though, the storm and the waves kind of blurred everything.
No, I was occupied enough with being worried about the one we were on.

There is no secondary floor plane under the boards, I could see the waves crashing under my feet, if we'd gone in there's no way we would've survived, 5 minute swim from the beach in ice-cold water, with winter-clothing. We would've been smashed against the poles below in a heartbeat.

When we got back to our friends house they immediately briefed us about the event. Not so fun to hear about... :.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who is Prince William dating?

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, Nimmy, get your compass points correct. You were at the East pier when the West one collapsed. The West Pier has been collapsing for years, every few winters a bit more falls off. Yet they continue to insist that they're going to refurbish it and start using it again.

Wraith: Not a good idea. This is a small island, I can find you easily. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Runs and hides*

[Razz]

"no roads lead to Lincolnshire..."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So are there two piers? The one that they showed collapsed - is that NEAR the one you were on - I thought they said it had been closed for years.

It looks like a grand old structure. It was built in the 1800's?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Fleet-Admiral Michael T. Colorge:
So who is Prince William dating?

Is Tora his agent now?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will you people hurry up and email me your schedules? I do still have school, you know, and the workload's not getting any lighter. How about next weekend?
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, Di. I'll try to email you as soon as I remember to, but if it's my schedule you want then that's simple.

I'm free all next week, then the week after I start a new contract which will keep me busy for about 2 or 3 months. Next weekend is. . . problemmatic. We're a bit skint at the moment and aren't going to have a lot of cash until the Monday after when Kate gets paid. Then I get paid and we're in gravy. Be even nicer if we could sell the house because then we'd be in special �100,000 gravy. The weekend after (last one in January) is OK, as is the first weekend in February; the weekend after that is Kate's birthday and we may be doing something, we were going skiing but now I have this job which is for a regular customer and they asked for me specifically so I can't take the week off I'd need. But we might go away for the weekend.

There. That's my schedule. This is why I don't keep an appointments diary. 8)

--------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Free Advice: Even if the weather suddenly and inexplicably zooms up to levels like those from the muggy depths of August, the sun is splitting the stones and you feel the uncontrollable urge to expose skin, do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, wear shorts. Speaking from experience, English Flare-going gentlemen have issues with this. I blame that Victoria bitch.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Lee
Member # 393

Yes, she saw a North American wearing shorts and said "we are not amused."

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
do not, under any circumstances whatsoever, wear shorts. Speaking from experience, English Flare-going gentlemen have issues with this.

Certainly you shouldn't if you go to one of those public houses. Wearing shorts screams "tourist". Or "old man".

I'm here until Wednesday, then I go back to Liverpool for an exam, and remain there for the term. I usually come back for at least one weekend, so whenever you want is fine. I just need a bit of warning.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I, uh, quite audibly was the first option, and quite visibly wasn't the latter.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a kilt, is that good?
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

No.

quote:
Originally posted by The_Tom:
Well, I, uh, quite audibly was the first option, and quite visibly wasn't the latter.

See, there's the problem. You should never be a tourist. Ever. It only encourages people to charge more and beat you up.

Unless, obviously, you go to middle-class American area and speak with a British accent. Then all the lady muff that you desire will be yours. I'm told.

--------------------

Lee
Member # 393

This explains why Liam was so looking forward to his visit to the States a couple of years back, and why he was so disconsolate on his return.

Im hindsigh, I think I should have gone with the other version of the Victoria joke: She says "We are not amused," then sees an American wearing shorts and says "Now that's funny!" 8)

--------------------

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  ...  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps