Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Ugly new US money (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Ugly new US money
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Of course, all Australian's with Disabilities compliant.... Which would work, since the guy taking donations at the Wal Mart yesterday didn't know if I donated a bill of money or a piece of paper, only hearing it rustle. Collecting donation to train guide dogs....

I also like the idea of plastic money, gives us something to do with a lot of land fill...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...Citizens First decided to revoke my debit card there when I closed my account, instead of just not fucking me."

Well, what did you expect? What were you going to do with the debit card if there was no longer an account from which the money would be withdrawn?

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cancel it, not revoke.... Revoking is a bad thing, cancelling it when an account is closed shows that I did it properly....

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man I've been out of the states too long, almost 8 months now.

After visiting places like Bahrain, Oman, UAE, and Singapore though and using their money I prefer American currency. I don't like bills that are different sizes, although different colors aren't too bad.

The only thing I don't like about this new $20 would have to be the stupid little yellow 20s.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The eagle on that bill looks like it is jumping backwards after being scared.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet the old European coins and notes all had nicknames. Guilders certainly had. But the euro hasn't got any widely used nicknames yet, despite the occasional incredibly silly campaign by a miscellaneous pointless organisation.

The silliest coins I've ever had were 10 Czech Heller coins. They're worth �0.003, and made out of something very light. Almost plastic-y, but I guess it was some sort of cheap-ass alloy. (Heh! A quick search on Google finds that 10 and 20 Heller coins will cease to be legal tender on the 31st of October, this year)

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The US used to have actually plastic coins worth $0.001.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
I bet the old European coins and notes all had nicknames.

Well, no, because as has been pointed out, British currency doesn't. Except quid, but I half expect that to stay in anyway if/when we switch to the Euro.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An icosogon is 20-sided. A dodecagon is 12-sided. Not being familiar with Australian coins, which is it?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
An icosogon is 20-sided. A dodecagon is 12-sided. Not being familiar with Australian coins, which is it?

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Australian 50 cent coin is 12 sided.
Austin Powers
Slightly warped
Member # 250

- posted      Profile for Austin Powers     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I prefer round coins personally - if any.

--------------------
Lister: Don't give me the "Star Trek" crap! It's too early in the morning.
- Red Dwarf "The Last Day"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Yes, I prefer large denomination bills over coins, unless they are very thick gold ones, say about two to three ounces.

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps