Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Relationships revisited... (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Relationships revisited...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YeahIknow.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lee:
Perhaps he and Liam can do a Lou'n'Andy double-act?

"Yah, I know..."

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Saltah'na... They were the people that telepathically inhabited the DS9 crew sometime in the first season... Sisko built a clock and still has it.

Saltah'na aka Tahna Los... The only Flarite I've ever met in person. [Razz]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I appreciate all the compliments! Just what I need for my legendary ego. [Razz]

The way I used to dress was influenced by whatever they had available in size XXL. These days I can shop at the mall like everyone else (although I guess a lot of "regular people" clothes do look kinda trendy).

I've actually lost exactly one hundred pounds since a year and a half ago. It involved a lot of running, weight training, and spinach omelettes. (I did also sell my soul, but that's because I started law school, or as I like to call it, "Satan's University.")

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I remember MaGiC crooning about your voice when you posted a voice clip of it a while ago. You'd better run, Frank. The moment she sees those pictures, she'll hunt you down like the dog you are.... [Razz]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At least I still get to be third sexiest person here.

Don't I?

Please?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOA, MaGiC, any other female (is there a third?), Charles in charge of course, but that's really a "power" thing....

It isn't looking good, you clearly need an Eye for the Flare guy or something. Even Shik has naughty parties and he's an ex-con (or maybe because of it).

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna, glad to hear your career is going well! Sorry to hear that your long-term relationship ended badly though. I hope you value the experience but not let it color your current/future relationships.

I am currently dating my boyfriend of one year and two months - my longest running relationship so far. It doesn't feel like it has been that long though. He is a sexy Indian guy, physical therapist by profession, and 11 years older than me (35) - although we don't look that far apart because I act older than my age and he acts (and looks) younger than his. He is showing me a lot of Indian culture (mostly food and Bollywood movies), and we do a lot of fun stuff together, like traveling, riding his motorcycle, and flying (he's an amateur pilot).

Other than hanging out with my guy, I've mostly been working or just relaxing on the weekend. My commute to work is a killer - 2.5 to 3 hours a day. Just makes you want to drop off the face of the earth by the time you get home. But hopefully that'll change soon.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
3 hours a day! That's, well, ridiculous. How are you going to fit in playing with your Wii? (Sorry, but that will continue to be funny for at least another 3 days.)

Get him to show you the Bollywood movie that the Undertaker is in! I've asked my Indian mates, but they find Bollywood films scary and full of dancing.

And I meant third sexiest male guy, damnit. Charles clearly does not count, unless he has finally listened to advise and bought a razor.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My commute is 10 minutes, and I ride my bike. Across state lines, too!
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have to cross a river (actually drive under it) and my commute is only five minutes.
I considered moving (my rent got jacked by $225!) to an apartment exactly like my current one but for only $850, but it's literally one block from work.

Too damn close.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My commute is a 35-minute walk over hill & through dale. Or an 8-minute bus ride, but I am Tubby McFattles lately. Or at least I am for me. Meaning I am not Tim-sized.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No-one else can be Tim-sized. The tidal forces would rip the Earth apart, and catapult the Moon into interstellar space.

My morning commute isn't too bad - first drop Lula at our childminder's (five minutes from our house) then ten minutes to the train station wheer I drop Kate, which is two minutes from where I work. Coming back is trickier - I have to go virtually all the way home to get Lula, then come almost all the way back to pick up Kate, who comes back in to a different station that's closer (but has very few trains at any time, and none at all at a convenient time in the morning).

quote:
Originally posted by Tora Ziyal:
we do a lot of fun stuff together, like traveling, riding his motorcycle, and flying

Pah, that's nothing - all that happens in just ONE Bollywood musical sequence. With elephants.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I commute all of five seconds from bed to computer. More if I stop to get dressed along the way. But I am still a ways shy of a return to full health, and more-or-less houseridden.

With gas prices doing what they're doing, you may want to reconsider that move, Jason.

And Ziyal? I've been with Jen for seven years now, and it doesn't feel like it. *heh* What the heck is it with this eleven-year-age-difference thing? Jen and I are eleven years apart, you and your sweetie are, and so are a statistically disproportionate number of other couple I know -- including my mom and step-dad... Wierd. [Smile]

--Jonah (who wonders where he is in the heirarchy of male Flare-ite sexiness -- but is almost afraid to ask...)

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
Member # 393

When I write the Official Biography of Flare (Omega having long since missed the deadline), I shall call it Cradlesnatched Women, and the Men Who Cradlesnatch Them.

--------------------

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps