Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Obligatory "Charles made me do it" post (Page 3)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Obligatory "Charles made me do it" post
Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed.
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
You might think he doesn't look that big, but keep in mind that that crucifix is 1:1 scale.

I get a lot of comments about the cross, but that was by far the funniest. You made my day. In truth is about the size of a pack of cards.

As for catching up, how is everyone else? Does anyone know what happened to Baloo, First of Two, and Sol System?

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo just got on with enjoying his life with his son, etc. Fo2 went off in a huff to find somewhere he might actually win an argument now and then; I gather he posts on the Snopes.com forums. Sol seems to have vanished without trace. Liam too.

All symptoms of a gradual decline, really. I still check in here a couple of times a day, but I rarely read any threads (if any have actually have any new posts) and don't post all that much. No Trek, BSG on hiatus, no personal interest in Stargate: all this leads to not having much to say. Even my Chat activity had faded to nothing, I'm currently using MSNM again for the first time in 6 months or more.

Most of my online-community activity now revolves around a British forum ostensibly devoted to comedy (and to the work of one particular comedian, not that I participate that much in the comedy chat, it's mainly the current affairs threads I follow).

I've always been the one to foretell this Forum's doom, and I've usually been proved wrong. But it does feel as if we're in the Twilight of Flare.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More poignantly... Flare feels like a house with all the children gone.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, all the First Ones have left & the younger races are doing a shitty job of raising themselves.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nobody listens to Zathros.....

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's usually how it is with online communities. Most of the ones I visit(I have quite a few) seem to dry up over time. However, there is still life here.

--------------------
The Legend of Jeff Raven: As told by himself

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find myself participating at exisle.net more (along with Kosh; remember him?). It's broader in scope, and has a ton more activity. But Flare will always be home. I have to say, as I look back over my life, those Flameboard debates may have done more to shape me into an adult than my parents did.

Congrats on the business, marriage and child, Daryus! I'm engaged myself now. Tell me, how is it, and will I survive? [Smile]

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You'll be fine. Just be honest and things usually work out.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
I have to say, as I look back over my life, those Flameboard debates may have done more to shape me into an adult than my parents did.

Sweet- I am so climing you on this year's return.
ALL of you, my pretties!

Hmmm..I miss Sol and Liam, 'tis true we never gelled in the way that me and...er...well, someone.
...the point is, they argue nicely.

Omega, you got any ultra-conservative or insane pals we can scrap with?
It's been an almost-unheard of time since the Flameboard was in full swing.

I blame myself and my depressing medical problems for the general gloom.
And Jay...mostly Jay. That Jerk.
anyone heard from him, BTW? I took the pins out of his voodoo doll and put an band-aid on it's head and everything...

EDIT: thinking on it, I consider Flare home because, even when slow, the threads here [/i]so[/i] outshine anything else: not a lot of thoughtless posts in even the most obscure of subjects.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Simon's been MIA because his computer blew up back in October, and I guess he still hasn't gotten a new one.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here. I'm one of those annoying guests who blatantly ignores the hints that it's time to go. I'll be here after everyone else has left, and help sweep up and turn off the lights.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peregrinus: Barkeep of Flare.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technically, I'd be the only one here after the lights are turned off. [Razz]

Not that I plan on allowing that to happen.

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pushing 30. Not Engaged. Go Figure.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps