Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Personal Ads (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Personal Ads
Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was bound to happen with all these lonely, jilted, or estranged people in here bickering back and forth about how one sex treats the other.

You know what I want? I want a woman I can discuss quantumchromodynamic with. I want a woman who can make me laugh by her wit and not a stiff finger in the ribs (well once in a while). I want a woman who likes to wear ankle length summer dresses on occasion. I want a woman who is interested in sexual experimentation after reading an associated article in Cosmo. I want a woman who thinks Star Trek is nice, but is not going to run me all over the state to a convention. I want a woman who knows that "a lot" is two words and spells it thusly. I want a woman who has her own computer so I don't have to share mine. I want a woman who doesn't think that a good night on the town is drinking beer and playing pool. And some more stuff, but the seven seconds has expired.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry, Cargile ... I'm Taken.

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't worry about it Jubes. You don't seperate "a lot." hehe.

And hey. I thought this would be fun for all to do.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

[This message has been edited by Cargile (edited July 27, 1999).]

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad, Cargile. I WOULD run all over the state to go to conventions. (But I don't have to because I live in Los Angeles. )

Let me try one of these.

1. I used to want a guy who likes Trek as much as I do, but now I just want one who has any sort of interest in Trek, the rest can be trained. }:-)
2. Someone who can remember dates. Not some obscure date like the anniversary of the first day we met, but something like my birthday.
3. Someone who can keep promises. It hurts me when people can't keep their word, because my busy friends and family members do it all too often. By promises I mean anything from "I'll call you at 6:00" to "Let's have dinner on Saturday".
4. One word: MATURITY.
5. Someone to whom I can freely talk about my feelings and vice-versa.
6. Someone who is in no way like my brother, who lies, cheats, and takes advantage of his family members who have no choice but to put up with him. God I'm glad I'm moving in a year.
7. Someone who doesn't care what I look like.
8. Someone who won't flirt with other women and pique my jealousy.
9. A guy who's actually sensitive, but not too much.
10.Someone who has generally similar interests and who doesn't "put up with things" so he can be with me.
11. Someone who can sing Broadway tunes with me (which would be nice, but not necessary).

The chances of my meeting this guy is probably a million to one.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, I'd like a woman who's...alive, I guess.

But beyond that, a few qualifications.

TMBG. (And yes, this has a point. It's the principle behind my musical tastes, which make up a very large part of my life. So there.)
She has to be able to find jokes about Sartre and Descartes as equally amusing as jokes about Paul Muad'dib.
And also jokes about Vanilla Ice and other failed 80's icons.
In short, she needs an insane amount of useless pop culture trivia stored up.
It would also be good if she was a musician, 'cause then I'd have a band going, man!
Oh, yeah, honor, charity..."a mind that's not for rent to any god or government."

As far as physical features go, I have a thing for longish necks and long hair. Probably more than you needed to know. But I really like necks.

Whoops, forgot the most important part. She has to not be horrified of me. That's probably a major one.

------------------
"We kid around a lot about people who are cyclopses, but seriously; if you're a mythic figure you've got challenges that no one should have to deal with."
--
John Flansburgh

Jubilee
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora: AMEN!

Alright well... putting the fact that I'm taken aside, I'll put down a few of the things I look for in partners:

1. A sense of humor. The person i'm with has to both understand AND find Monty Python and other brit humour hilariously funny. Every single one of my partners has been able to quote the Holy Grail, or at least has seen it.
2. Maturity. I can't stand little boys and little girls. It drives me nuts. ACT YOUR AGE, for chrissakes!
3. Mutual interest in sci-fi and or fantasy things.
4. Sensitivity ... enough to understand why I cry over phone commercials, and why sensless death annoys me, and will let me cry on them without rolling their eyes.
5. A sense of fun. Okay, I love sitting on the net for hours on end, too... but I also enjoy getting out and doing things! I like people who are going to say "It's a nice day... let's go somewhere".
6. A small sense of adventure. Not enough to fly a plane without training to guam ...... just enough to say "Well, I don't know the way to Sasparilla, but lets get in a car and drive there... it'll be fun".
7. They don't have to be loud, or hyper like me.. but they do have to allow me to be loud and hyper when I get that way. I don't like people who look at me when i'm hyper and get all ashamed to be with me.
8. An appreciation for art, nature, and beautiful things. These things, along with music, are the most important things in the world to me, so they have to at least be appreciated .... NOT "tolerated"...
9. Someone who will give me flowers. I have not once in my life ever recieved flowers from anyone except my parents, and they were carnations when I graduated. I hate to be the cliche of girl, but..... roses are beautiful, they smell sweet, and can be hung upside down, dried, and re-used later as decorations. *L*
10. Someone I can just be with. Someone who doesn't mind just sitting together, talking.
11. Someone who tells my i'm beautiful, and means it, but will honestly TELL me when a dress or shirt doesn't compliment my figure or coloring..... I want an honest answer to "Does this look okay?"

So basically.... alot of them are like Tora's....
Of course, there are more, but I can't put words to them right now.
But there you go. And i'm not saying wether or not Charles has satisfied those qualifications or not..... so don't ask. :-P *L*

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
Am I to believe
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had the perfect woman... I don't have her anymore...

------------------
"I do whatever the voice of Charles Capps tells me to do."

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know much about quantumchromodynamics....sorry.

I want a guy who would never use a distracting background on one of his websites and can hand-code HTML at least as well as I can. I want a guy that would be willing to help me learn Linux, or is at least interested enough to fumble through it along with me. I want a guy who knows how to have fun, and thinks that sobriety is the best path to truly enjoying yourself. I want a guy who doesn't want to spend every waking moment in front of his computer, however. I want him to think I'm more important than setting up the new force feedback joystick he just bought to play his favorite game. I want a guy who'll still be there tomorrow, next week and maybe even 60 years into the future, although at this point I'd settle for a month from now...

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, I like flowers too...but not roses, please not roses. I'd rather have a flowering houseplant, or my absolute favorite - sunflowers.

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Trying to figure out how to respond.

No country music, I hate it.
No smoking. I have my own tobacco problems.
Will be quiet. Most of the girls I know are chatterboxes. I am a low key person, and hate usless chatter.
Doesn't over do it with Drinking.

I actually know a nice quiet girl that lives close to me and likes me, but she drinks more then I can handle. We've been out twice, with a good bit of time between the two dates. The first time she put me off for two months, and then got mad when I stopped calling. The last time, she had a drink before I picked her up, we both had a drink wih dinner, after a movie, she wanted to go to a bar. I just don't like the bar scene anymore. I haven't asked her out since. She might shoot me if she saw me now.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tora: Then Lower your expectations. Why not go for something like 8 out of 11 or something.

I'll say again, nobody's perfect.

Re: Someone who has generally similar interests and who doesn't "put up with things" so he can be with me. If a guy does this, that means he's interested in you, and wants to know you more through your interests. Give the guy some credit!! (I must admit though, I don't think I have bent over to much of my gf's interests........)

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message has been edited by Tahna Los (edited July 27, 1999).]

Jubilee
Member # 99

Dani: If he's as much a computer geek as you want him to be, you may have to settle for the fact that you aren't as important as his computer. But don't let that bother you or make you jealous..... since at least it's an inanimate object and not another woman. *L*

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
Am I to believe
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

Nah, not a total geek, as I've shown before I have a way of finding computer-knowledgeable boyfriends that are FAR from the average pocket-protecter wearing geeks.

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tahna: Sure, we can know each other as well as we want, but without having similar interests, we can barely be called friends. And a relationship cannot last if the partners are only lovers and not best friends.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

Sad thing is Tora, I probably am that guy in a million that you are looking for. I'm on the wrong side of the country. You got a good heart and a free spirit.

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps