Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Personal Ads (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Personal Ads
JazzJunky
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*shudders* I wholeheartedly concur...never in a million years. You know, that is quite frightening that you fit all of my criteria.....hmmm....do you happen to have a twin out there? Or...maybe just a good friend that's like you? What am I saying, I know most of your friends...heh heh...oh well, life goes on. *winks*

------------------
"Yeah, it hurt a bit, but the chicks dig it...."
-Prince Albert

IP: Logged
Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*meets all Jazz's criteria* Interesting.

------------------
"It is important to get up when you fall...for this much I know to be true: That thing we call Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down."

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But Dani it is impossible to look any argument objectively. Personal opinon always colors one's point of view, perhaps you can look at an argument with relative objectivity, or perhaps keep an open mind, but total objectivity is impossible.

*Getting off his high horse*

------------------
HMS White Star (your local friendly agent of Chaos:-) )

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Gets on high horse.]

Well, I, for one, am completely objective 100% of the time!

[Slips getting off high horse and falls upon horse exhaust.]

"EEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwww!"

------------------
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
White Star: Uh...Dani didn't write that, I did. And I am well aware that it isn't possible to be completely objective all the time. In fact, it's next to impossible to possess all of those qualities all the time, but maturity is being consciously AWARE that you should be that way, even when you're not, and TRY to do so.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Cargile
Nobody Special
Member # 45

- posted      Profile for Cargile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cripes! I pass Tora's Maturity checklist. Now if I could only act my age! haha.

Then again, any woman entering a relationship with me must put up with my musical tastes, tastes that are oriented around metal. She must also put up with my occasional need to make noise--loud noise--on my guitar.

Did I actually use the word "cripes"?

------------------
"What is that? A tank?"
--Our Lord and Savior David Koresh, the Second Coming snuffed out before He could any good.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
reminded me of Ren & Stimpy.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

HMS White Star
Member # 174

- posted      Profile for HMS White Star     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry my bad , hell even an agent of Choas is allowed a mistake or two, right.

------------------

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
One cannot be a good agent of chaos if one doesn't make chaotic mistakes.

------------------
"It is important to get up when you fall...for this much I know to be true: That thing we call Failure is not in the falling down, but the staying down."

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was WONDERING what I said about objectivity...*o_O* Don't try to confuse me, it's still early enough in the day to tell me I said something and I'd probably beleive you. *LOL*

------------------
"Americans are benevolently ignorant about Canada, while Canadians are malevolently well informed about the United States." -- J. Bartlett Brebner

HMS White Star
Member # 174

No Dani you didn't say anything about objectivity, what I was referring to was this statement in Tora's post:

"able to, in a debate, look at other people's argument objectively"

So, Dani, you didn't say it, "I am sorry" (well not really ).

"Look what you have done now."

"Yes, master."

"Well Mr. HMS White Star, so called agent of Chaos you did again, instead of causing chaos on the internet by pointing out everyone's mistakes, you make your own, what do have say about yourself."

"I am sorry."

"Good now go clean your room and think about want you have done wrong."

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I meet all of Tora's criteria EXCEPT the first, in that I because I believe that all people are inherently different, I do not believe all people are inherently equal. For example, I cannot bench-press 200 lbs. Therefore I do not equal someone who can.

I do, however, believe all people are deserving of a chance. (Not I said A chance, not a SECOND chance.) I never hate someone I don't know personally, and I generally will not discriminate against people on the basis of any of the qualities expressed above, with two exceptions:

1.) I judge people based on their behaviour. If someone has behaved deplorably in the past, I tend to expect them to behave deplorably in the future, or at least to be more susceptible to succumb to that temptation. However, I tend to forget this after a while, and end up treating them normally. If they DO succumb, though, I deem my judgement adequate.

2.) By my nature, I tend to treat the very religious in the same manner in which I would treat a child who believes the bogeyman is under his bed. (I've looked under the bed, and there wasn't anything _I_ could see.) I consider this somewhat of a failing, and am working to improve it. There's nothing inherently bad about believers. Not in small numbers, anyway.

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Coddman
()PAK CHOOIE UNF()
Member # 10

- posted      Profile for Coddman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have to say is, 'Opposites Attract'. *L* Ryan and me are completely different people. We have almost no common intrests save for Star Trek. *LOL* But somehow we've stayed together for 1.5 years. *pause* Hmm - Perhaps it is a relationship of convenience. We are relatively content, don't want to go through the hassle of breaking up, don't want to go through the hassle of trying to find another partner, so we just stay together. *LMAO* Probably the only relationship of it's kind . . .

------------------
Don't you hate it when you can't think of a signature?

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Relationship inertia? Nah. It's exceedingly common.

------------------
"We took a small flight, in the middle of the night, from one tiny place to another."
--
Ben Folds Five

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First: In the first criterion I meant that all people should be TREATED equally and not judged by who they "appear" to be. And I have nothing against judging people by who they are and how they behave. Hey, I agree with you about religious people, but I don't assume that ALL religious people are like that.

Coddman: Let's just say it doesn't always work that way and leave it at that.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps