Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Personal Ads (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Personal Ads
Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is indeed.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's BS.

------------------
WHO ARE YOU?

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'LL be the judge of that!

------------------
"Angels, answer me,
are you near if rain should fall?
Am I to believe
you will rise to calm the storm?
For so great a treasure words will never do.
Surely, if this is, promises are mine to give you.
mine to give........ "
~ Enya

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*gets that ad, too*

Jubes: http://oz.valueclick.com/redirect?host=h0093783&banner=a0012218

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it should be stated, after having read the above posts, that there are many different kinds of "Maturity." People need to be more specific.

Does "Maturity" mean being able to pay the bills on time? (Which I can)

or being able to communicate meaningfully about the relationship? (sure)

or being able to raise a kid? (pshaw, not!)

or always being able to resist the impulse to play "Lurch" after saying "Walk this way...?" (Not me)

or not going gaa-gaa over the hottie next door? (I have that ability, realy!)

or not pressing the "pause" key while watching starships slug it out on DS9 on the VCR? (Erm.. no)

or not picking your nose where anyone can see? (Yeh)

or having evolved past "head games?" (I think so)

or what?

------------------
"When we turn our back on our principles, we stop being human." -- Janeway, "Equinox"

Saiyanman Benjita
...in 2012. This time, why not the worst?
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too bad for you all, I'm taken. Elsewise I fit just about any criteria. However, I think that a complete opposite (like my fiancee) who will just let me be me, as I will let her be her is just fine. Okay, not so complete of an opposite, but we have a lot to argue about (like she thinks all my friends are "F***ed" in the head for enjoying Monty Python)

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

Dani
Naboo Handmaiden
Ex-Part-Time Admin
Member # 57

- posted      Profile for Dani     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just have to say that I love U2, and Sarah McLachlan is my favorite female musician. She's awesome. And Lee, if it means anything to you, you seem pretty mature to me. *LOL*

------------------

WAIT......

Keyboard error
Press <�F1 > to RESUME_

http://sapphire.solareclipse.net

Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

- posted      Profile for Saiyanman Benjita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's fab, I'm listening to U2 at this very moment. Of course I have all their CD's along with some of the videos. U2 rules!!!

------------------
I'll get you for this Gadget!!!! MEEEEE-ROWWRRRR.

JazzJunky
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh...Liz, I know you don't want anyone for a fact....but you're bitter about it. *winks*

Ahhh....personal ads, eh? I think I'm going to end up miserable and alone because I think my standards are too high. I guess I should state a few:

Intelligence, beauty, the ablility to communicate, and a great sense of humor. I like people who can think metaphorically, and people who like to goof around and make idiots out of themselves in public. I want to be able to express my opinions and passions about music and art and life to the person I love, without feeling self conscious. I want to be able to watch Movies and talk about them later...not dissect them...but just talk about 'em and enjoy seeing them with someone. I want someone who will accept that a major part of my life will be theatre...and that it may take up a lot of time...but it doesn't make them second best. I want to be able to cuddle up and watch a movie, or just cuddle up and talk, and not have to make every waking moment devoted to sex (although sex is a definite factor in compatability. *grins* I love it, as long as it isn't the focus of our relationship). Anyway...the most important thing...the thing I want the most...is...I want to fall in love. I want to be deliriously happy...

I want the movies.

------------------
"Yeah, it hurt a bit, but the chicks dig it...."
-Prince Albert

IP: Logged
Saiyanman Benjita
Member # 122

Well sorry Jazz, but I'm taken. I however love the Brak thing, but Moltar rules.

------------------
Right, cheers, thanks a lot-Patsy Stone "Ab-Fab"

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in responce to First of Two, let me give my definition of "maturity".

Maturity means...

--knowing that all people are equal AND treat them that way, this includes all ethnicities, sexual orientation, religion, and appearances (i.e.,beautiful or ugly, fat or thin).
--being humble enough to see things from other people's point of view, and if you can't, being humble enough to admit it.
--able to admit that you *might* be wrong in an argument.
--able to, in a debate, look at other people's argument objectively.
--able to admit mistakes, faults, and failures (the way my brother doesn't).
--knowing that your own needs might come first, but also caring for the welfare of those around you (including pedestrians, animals, and trees. Okay, rats and cockroaches excepted).

That's all I can think of at the moment.

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

[This message has been edited by Tora Ziyal (edited July 31, 1999).]

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ziyal: Didn't I use that sig a while back? I think that's actually the first time I've seen anyone use a sig that I had previously. I'm not sure if that's good or bad. Hm... *L*

------------------
"Essentially, a great rock in space."
-Spock, describing the Regula planetoid, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...I picked one out of several that I liked from the Quotable Star Trek. Didn't know you used it before. *L*

------------------
"I would be delighted to offer any advice I can on understanding women. When I have some, I'll let you know."
--Picard to Data, "In Theory"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Cargile, I think I know the woman you are looking for...too bad she's my ex-girlfriend and that you could go to jail if you start a sexual relationship with a 17 year old...

------------------
"Its origin and purpose, still a total mystery."

-Dedication Plaque quote from the U.S.S. Odyssey

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jaz: Hunny, I'm not bitter.... you know that JUST as well as I do! Just wanted to REMIND you of that.... and since I'm posting anyway, I'd like ot point something out to you that I find oddly frightening: I seem to fit almost ALL of the criteria (the sex part is that only thing that throws me off... I don't want any.) Isn't that scary though that *I* would fit all of your criteria??? *grin* no wonder we're such good friends....

But don't go getting any ideas... *shudder* Not in a million years...! :P

~LOA

------------------
"Slap a beard on me and I'm Jewish!" ~Jessticles, '99

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps