Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drink! Chats! British! Lee! Foxiness! Everything! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Drink! Chats! British! Lee! Foxiness! Everything!
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, the first UK annual flare forum-goers who live in London trip is on.
At the moment, it's pencilled for this Saturday. Confirmed as going as of...now.. are me and Lee. With probably Monty and Orion (whose real name we're gonna have to know unless he wants to get strange looks from everyone who hears us talking). Lee is in the process tomorrow of phoning Chris Howell and MaGiC. Anyone else interested, please say. It'll probably be Page's Bar, as MaGiC liked it there.
Oh, if anyone can't do this Saturday, say, and we might move it to next Saturday.
It'll probably be meet-up at 7 o clock. Or as Lee says, 1900 hours. Jeez. You're welcome to turn up in a Star trek uniform. Just expect to get beaten up.

------------------
"Give me a f*cking..."
-Jubilee McGann

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alas, since my attending is out of the question (due to the facts that a. my tardis is in the shop for it's 30 millennium servicing and b. England is not conveniently located to New Mexico ) would it be too much to ask that someone hoist one to those of us who are unable to attend? After all, it sounds like there's a lot of hoisting planned anyway. One or two more will never be noticed !

--Baloo

------------------
Jesus saves.
Moses invests.
--Bumper Sticker
www.geocities.com/Area51/Shire/8641/

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited November 07, 1999).]

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We should pitch this as a new series to MTV. Etherworld??? Networld?

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, yeah. That. I'll get round to it eventually. . .
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey - I thought that Pages bar had lots of people in "costume!?!" - ohhhhh you'll get beaten up on the "Tube!?!" - heh heh.

Baloo - I heard there is a space craft in a hanger around near you somewhere - maybe that'll get you there quick

------------------
"Remove your hand or I will remove your arm!" - 7 of 9

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Listen: no-one is going in costume, alright? Anyone turns up in costume gets beaten up by me!

*flash forward to next weekend*

Me: "Listen, I'm really sorry, OK? You just looked like how I thought this guy Liam would look. . ."

Anonymous Klingon: "Wuurgh. . . what hit me?"

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmmm.... I don't suppose anyone wants to buy me tickets to London?

------------------
"...when all that is driving my heart forward
is you, thoughts of you, hopes for you,
and a fading dream with a Mona Lisa smile
that whispers "are you thinking of me too?"

12 days till the dreams become reality...

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can confirm the foxiness quotient of this get-together will be high.

I do not own a Trek uniform, so no bloody fear.
I do however take it that some form of clothing is customary. I shall, therefore, accomodate this on Saturday.

Tremble Puny Americans!
TREMBLE before the combined form of BRITICUS!

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooer...just had a thought.

What the smeg do any of you look like?!
Are you all gonna hang around the doorway looking dodgy?

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just look for the loud group!!

We have seen pics of Lee, I think there was one of Liam, and I clearly remember seeing one of Magic, in leather!! Those were back at SFCR. Remember "Pick the Face".

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in the interest of not looking like complete tits, we won't actually meet AT Page's bar. We'll meet at the nearest tube station, by the enterance. When someone finds out exactly which tube station that is.

And I'll be wearing some form of clothing too, so just look out for the clothed 20 year-old. I dunno. We could all ring each others mobiles and just head towards the talking noises.

------------------
"Give me a f*cking..."
-Jubilee McGann

The First One
Member # 35

I'll be the one thumping my phone a la Al from Quantum Leap and wondering why I had to get an Ericsson instead of a Nokia, and furthemore asking when the latter are going to release that cool auto-open one they had in The Matrix. . .

No response yet from Chris or MaGiC. Gimme another day and we'll decide for certain whether this Saturday or next, OK?

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

*smites mobile phones*

Even the communicator-lookalike flip-up ones fall in my estimation when they blurt out a gratingly metallic "William Tell Overture".

As for meeting up, the nearest Tube station is Westminster, (rather busy to spot two other people standing there. Perhaps a quieter place. You know that little lawn opposite the Houses of parliament where idiots from ITN like to stand in all weather and look serious into camera? That's usually uncrowded...
Thoughts?

------------------
"NO! NO! Kill you all!
Die! MAKE YOU SUFFER!!!"

The First One
Member # 35

Hmm. . . Daisy Donovan from The 11 o'clock Show is often seen near there. . . *drools*

------------------
Remo Williams: "Chiun, you're amazing!"
Chiun: "No! I am BETTER than that!"

- Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1986)

Starfleet Weapons & Tactics

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Would go only isn't invited*
Oh, and it's about 500 miles out of my way.

Let us know how it went, boys.

And just how many of you were threatened by marauding vigilantes intent on cleansing the earth of all things trek related.

------------------
Devil: Oh look at the time! I'm late for services.
Stone: Services?
Devil: A group of young teenagers that have been celebrating the Black Sabbath are planning on deep-sixing their gym teacher tonight. I'm gonna go and give them a little encouragement.

Brimstone. May it rest in syndication.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps