Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Officers' Lounge » Drink! Chats! British! Lee! Foxiness! Everything! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Drink! Chats! British! Lee! Foxiness! Everything!
Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, ya know, we all want to change the world!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, maybe something before Christmas. . . let's think about it anyway. Monty can let us know when he heads up North to see the olds for Crimbo, Hammychops can let us know in advance if he's gonna disappear for two weeks again, I can go and beat my head against a brick wall, er, I mean talk to MaGiC, and maybe even Chris H can be tempted beyond the Coventry city limits (note: no cracks about the only thing limiting Coventry City being their inability to play!). . .

------------------
Remo Williams: "Chiun, you're amazing!"
Chiun: "No! I am BETTER than that!"

- Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1986)

Starfleet Weapons & Tactics

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing limiting Coventry city is their inability to play.

------------------
"Give me a f*cking..."
-Jubilee McGann

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know what we could do - a race around the world in 80 days... well leave from Leicster Square... the Queen herself will throw the chequered flag...

oops sorry Simpsons flashback *hee hee*

how about meting in a point central to everyone on the board... it'll probably be somewhere in the middle of the Indian ocean or Mongolia... how about the Seychelles Ulan Bator!?!

------------------
Ralph: Um, Miss Hoover? There's a dog in the vent.
Hoover: Ralph, remember the time you said Snagglepuss was outside?
Ralph: He was going to the bathroom.

Chris Howell
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Believe it or not Lee, I have been known to take bold excursions outside Coventry, deep into Dominion space - I mean the surroundings areas. Chances are good that I would be able to take a trip south around Xmas if another 'FlareUp' is arranged for around then.

PS - Seven games unbeaten for City

PPS - So how did it go anyway Lee? Do you have any photos? Any 18+ rated photos? C'mon, give us details! And please tell me you drank loads of Grolsch Premium lager. I'm addicted to the stuff and I can't get enough of it.

------------------
THE GREAT LINK : UK STAR TREK WEB SITE
AND THE HOME OF THE FOUNDERS
News, Reviews, Interviews, Arcs and more
http://www.greatlink.org/

TGL'S 'THE RACES'
Details of events within Gene Roddenberry's
interstellar playground. Summer 2375 update
online now. Spring 2376 update coming soon
http://www.greatlink.org/Dcisraces/

IP: Logged
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

HEY!

Canadians do not have 'beady' eyes, and 'flapping heads all full of lies.'!

We have kinda bugged out eyes, and are worried far too much about our hockey to lie.

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited November 18, 1999).]

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Grolsch? I avoid the stuff like the plague. It's very bitter-tasting.

Of course, I may have to try it again some day and see if it tastes better at 60° rather than the 40° that American brews taste best at.

Hey! Some American beers actually ARE good. It's just that the list is very, very short.

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

The First One
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bizarrely enough, I WAS drinking Grolsch.
Chris Howell
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Men with great minds drink great lager I guess. :-)

------------------
THE GREAT LINK : UK STAR TREK WEB SITE
AND THE HOME OF THE FOUNDERS
News, Reviews, Interviews, Arcs and more
http://www.greatlink.org/

TGL'S 'THE RACES'
Details of events within Gene Roddenberry's
interstellar playground. Summer 2375 update
online now. Spring 2376 update coming soon
http://www.greatlink.org/Dcisraces/

IP: Logged
Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does that apply even when one of then has no idea what temperature it tastes best at? Grolsch, when mispronounced properly, sounds like it tastes when served at American-traditional ice-cold temperatures. I understand the strain of yeast used to ferment it determines what temperature you should serve it at. Most American beers use a strain that makes the beer taste best between 30-40 degrees.

Of course, an ice-cold brew is a godsend during one of those days when the temperature (in the shade!) is over 110°. When having a brew near Christmastime, an ice cold beverage isn't the first thing you'd reach for. I was almost 40 when an English expatriate friend from the gunshop told me what temperature to serve Guinness. Before that I thought it was gag-awful stuff. What a difference.

--Baloo

------------------
It is less important that you agree with me than it is for you to to understand what I'm saying.

http://members.tripod.com/~Bob_Baloo/index.htm

The First One
Member # 35

Hmm, I'll start a new thread soon to plan the Flare UK Xmas bash. Maybe someone can bring some crackers along. . . 8)

------------------
Remo Williams: "Chiun, you're amazing!"
Chiun: "No! I am BETTER than that!"

- Remo: Unarmed and Dangerous (1986)

Starfleet Weapons & Tactics

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps