Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » GO DASCHLE! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: GO DASCHLE!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Canadians are backing American demands for unfettered, unscheduled, and unannounced inspections. They want a tough new resolution addressing this drafted in the UN. The current one basically, as everyone would agree, has no teeth.
Canadians are wise and good.

Now if we can only get Russia, China, and France to wake up to that fact...

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What fact? That Canadians are wise and good, or that Iraqis are unwise and nongood?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, by the way, Farquad, you'll like this: Tony Blair's secret weapon to convince his own party of the war's necessity (it's the Labour Party's annual conference in Blackpool this week) is. . . Bill Clinton.

--------------------

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Angels and ministers of grace defend us...

FARQUAD?

*LOL*

I'm not even going to ask if that was on purpose or not...

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Oh, by the way, Farquad, you'll like this: Tony Blair's secret weapon to convince his own party of the war's necessity (it's the Labour Party's annual conference in Blackpool this week) is. . . Bill Clinton.

well it does make you wonder if Clinton was using missile strikes against Afghanistan to divert against the uh, Lewinsky affair. As so the Republicans claim....

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Lee
Member # 393

The bizarre thing was that, acompanying Clinton on his conference warmongering junket, was Kevin Spacey (the actor). No-one knows why.

--------------------

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I got to hear part of it on BC news last night. Looks like the Labour Party members liked him. He may be more popular over there now then he is here.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega is quoting Shakespeare now? Perhaps that fancy college of his is actually teaching him something, after all...
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
The bizarre thing was that, acompanying Clinton on his conference warmongering junket, was Kevin Spacey (the actor). No-one knows why.

Well, apparently they had lunch with Prince Andrew and he payed! Unfortuneatly I can imagine Clinton's speech; "So I say to Saddam, wanna see my rocket in action?"

(Sorry, sorry; someone had to say it though)

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Angels and ministers of grace defend us...

FARQUAD?

*LOL*

I'm not even going to ask if that was on purpose or not...

Of course it was.
That he spelled the character's name wrong, though, is quite funny to me. It's like giving someone the wrong finger. [Big Grin]

His name is Lord Farquaad. 2 'a's.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Speaking of shady dealings, how about the Dems doing another 'redefinition' of state law so they don't lose Toricelli's NJ Senate seat (and possibly the Senate with it?)

Option #1. The Dems lose in the Supreme Court, and Toricelli's name stays on the ballot, meaning the Republican candidate essentially runs unopposed. Reps win, possibly taking back the Senate.

Option #2. The Dems win in the Supreme Court, take the Torch's name off the ballot, and disencfranchise all the abseentees and overseas voters who may have already voted for him! Plus, it just looks BAD, going TWICE to the Supreme Court because you lost according to the laws of the state. Plus, the Reps get to bash the Dems for doing another "end run around the law." Even if the new Democrat wins, Republicans can have hours of fun referring to him as the NEW "His Illegitimacy."

Either way, it should be entertaining.

--------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...because you lost according to the laws of the state.
Not according to the unanimous New Jersey State Supreme Court.

It seems that those pro-states' rights Republicans don't want the states to make decisions about their own election laws. Again.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We want the state LEGISLATURE to make the law, not the courts. Basically, we want those chosen by the people to make the laws, not the people who are simply appointed. How 'bout you?

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You really want to go down this road again?

Legislatures make law, courts interpret law.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Clinton also didn't really back the war in his speech. His main point was that the UN resolutions need to be abolished so that the inspectors can have complete access to anything that they want to, er, inspect. Because, as he pointed out, when you start firing weapons, innocent people die, so any option that will solve things without firing weapons would be a good thing.

He also pointed out that more chemical, biological and WOMD were confiscated and destroyed by inspectors between 1991 and 1998 than were destroyed in teh Gulf War or any subsequent military action. To to say that the weapons inspectors have been useless is a bit untrue.

Still, most people seem to agree that the current restrictions on weapon inspections are preventing them from doing a complete job. Logically:

Problem: UN Regulations preventing inspectors from doing a complete search for weapons.

Option 1: Change the regulations.

Option 2: Bomb things while quoting Tom Clancy film taglines.

That's a pickle.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps