Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » GO DASCHLE! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: GO DASCHLE!
Commander Dan
Member # 558

- posted      Profile for Commander Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Thank you for that lovely interpretation, Herr Spin-Doktor.

Uh…, I don’t spin. I simply call ‘em like I see ‘em. If I am mistaken or I misinterpreted your statement, so be it. However, I think I know exactly what you are saying.

If you refer back to what I actually said, you will note that I never suggested that you wish an attack to occur. If I understand your position correctly (and I am sure you will let me know if I do not) you do not support an attack on Iraq, regardless of whether the attack is or is not justified. However, you stated that if Bush does order an attack, you hope it will not be justified. Is that not correct?

It is this that I find appalling. I, for one, would hope that any attack ordered by a present or future President would have some justification, regardless of his or her political affiliation, and regardless or whether or not I supported the attack. To wish otherwise infers that one cares more about politics than the loss of human life.

Again, I hope that you really are not wishing for such a scenario.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Things seem a bit fluxy on the war issue.

On the other hand, after Afghanistan I and Gulf War II, who's ready for Korea II?

http://www.csmonitor.com/2002/1018/p01s04-woap.html
http://abcnews.go.com/wire/Politics/ap20021017_1366.html

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought the North Korea problem had been taken care of!

12 September 1985: North Korea signs the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty

23 June 1986: North Korea announces that it will refrain from testing, producing, or stockpiling nuclear weapons.

June 1994: North Korean President Kim Il Sung agrees to freeze his nation's nuclear program in exchange for Western aid and a resumption of dialogue with the United States.

21 October 1994: A series of discussion between North Korea and the United States conclude in the "Agreed Framework."

(under which we agreed to help them build a "light water reactor")

10 October 2000: President Clinton meets with a top North Korean military commander Jo Myong Rok, the first meeting between a US President and a senior official from the DPRK. The two sides draft a joint communique during the visit.

(the joint comminique states: "Pledging to redouble their commitment and their efforts to fulfill their respective obligations in their entirety under the Agreed Framework, the US and the D.P.R.K. strongly affirmed its importance to achieving peace and security on a nuclear weapons free Korean Peninsula. To this end, the two sides agreed on the desirability of greater transparency in carrying out their respective obligations under the Agreed Framework. In this regard, they noted the value of the access which removed U.S. concerns about the underground site at Kumchang-ri.")

This was supposed to end the problem! North Korea CAN'T have nukes, no matter what they say!

Oops. I may have dripped too much sarcasm.

Looks as though the current administration is right... again.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm, the Korean War never ended.... in any kind of surrender. That is why when we had all those trrops in the Middle East before we were worried about China and/or North Korea opening another front....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee were those the same nuclear treaties we backed out of? everyone else should follow them while we dont, for hypocrisy's sake!

sure the Korean war ended! there wasa big two part last episode, Hawkeye went crazy and Col Potter had to move the MASH unit. Then everyone went home. And Potter convinced Klinger and Mulcahy to work at his hospital wheh they got home. And Radar visited them once.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
gee were those the same nuclear treaties we backed out of?

No.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
'No' as in "No, the US has backed out of nuclear treaties, but these are different nuclear treaties" or "No, the US has never backed out of nuclear treaties, perish the thought?"

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Option A please, for the price of an Anti-Ballistic Missile Systems.....
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The crazy thing is that the US (Read: The Previous Administration), in exchange for a "promise" not to develop nuclear weapons, agreed to help N. Korea build a nuclear power plant.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do believe that that makes Clinton the first US president to actively help a hostile nation (while it was hostile, not before) increase its nuclear capability.

Wowsers. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While you're busy rolling your eyes, I'll thank my lucky stars that at least someone in your administration understood the terms "diplomacy" and "balance".

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps