Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » GO DASCHLE! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: GO DASCHLE!
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then, they were interpreting it with an English/Martian dictionary, because there's no way that that law could be "interpreted" to mean anything else by any sane individual.

But there's no need for an uproar, until the US Supreme Court makes its decision.

Liam: yes, but that's what The Bush administration has been saying, too. We need a new resolution.

Part 1 of the resolution = give inspectors full authority to go anywhere, anytime, they need to. No 'notice' no 'observers' (the need to get which gives the Iraqis time to hide stuff).

Part 2 = the authority to stomp Saddam, if he doesn't comply with part one, until he does.

Now, tell the French and Russians and Chinese that. Be loud.

Pardon us, but we're preparing to either:

1. Enforce part 2, because we assume that Saddam won't comply with part 1, and we're pretty much the only folks both able and willing to enforce part 2.

2. Go in without the resolution, if its blocked, because it's the last resort when that fails.

You may recognize that from ST3: "The Word is 'no.' I am therefore going anyway."

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BONUS POST! You have a choice of two options:-

1. Actually, I chose to spell it that way, I know the character in Shrek was spelled "Farquaad."

-or-

2. Oops, you're right, I did mis-spell it, I should of course have typed "fuckwad."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Careful. You keep showing your temper off like that, and they'll take away your 'stiff upper lip' privileges.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That was the least temper filled post that Lee has ever posted.

quote:
Originally posted by First of Two:

You may recognize that from ST3: "The Word is 'no.' I am therefore going anyway."

That's great. USING QUOTES FROM FILMS IMPROVES YOUR POINT!

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A new generation in the military, a 'new' war to be fought....

Every US generation has had a 'war' to fight, remember that this group of kids was about 10 when the last Bush sent in the troops.... Now it is their turn...

Liam, you should have used hacker-geek to write that last bit....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*breaks into song* I was gonna tell Farquad to jump into a lake, but then I got high. . . 8)

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ritten:
A new generation in the military, a 'new' war to be fought....

Every US generation has had a 'war' to fight, remember that this group of kids was about 10 when the last Bush sent in the troops.... Now it is their turn...

"A new generation in the military. Now, will he make the ultimate sacrifice for the country he loves?"

*shots of explosions*

"When people die by the thousands, can one man make a difference?"

*Shot of, say, Will Smith*

"I believe in my country. I was only 10 when the last war was fought."

*Shots of lots more explosions*

"Now, it's my turn."

*Helicopters, tanks, people running, explosions*

"Paramount studios presents a film by someone who is almost Jerry Buckheimer, but not quite"

*Shot of, say, Will Smith looking moody*

"Every generation has to fight a war. This is mine."

*Fade to title:*

RANDOM WAR VII: This time it's about, er, something or other.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And we would all go down together!
Lee
Member # 393

Assuming we get the UN to agree on a resolution vis-a-vis spitting or swallowing, that is.

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

Given the recent activity in the House of Representatives, I'd just like to say:

GO GEPHARDT! Screw Streisand's memo!

--------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

http://www.cnn.com/2002/ALLPOLITICS/10/10/iraq.us/

Daschle came out in support of the Bush Iraq plan, as all the "alternate" plans were voted down.

GO DASCHLE!

HA!

*commences turbo-mooning*

[Vader:] Now his failure is complete.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sincerely hope that, if Bush invades Iraq, he finds absolutely zero evidence of any nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I visited some Former-Iraqi citizins today, very nice people, hot looking daughters....

She felt SH and GWB were both losers, er, her words were, '...they are both stupid.'

She got out of Iraq after the last Bush invasion, she , her husband and kids, were bound for anyplace people didn't drop bombs on them. She was tired of it, first Iran, then the Bush team....

If all the women over there look like her and her daughters then maybe we should go have a big ass party over there.....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Commander Dan
Member # 558

- posted      Profile for Commander Dan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
I sincerely hope that, if Bush invades Iraq, he finds absolutely zero evidence of any nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons.

I sincerely hope that you, in fact, do not really hope that to be the case. It says a great deal about your character if you want Bush to be found in the wrong at the expense of lives of the Iraqi people.

If, however, no evidence were found, I would be the first Republican in line calling for an investigation and demanding someone be held accountable. If such an investigation implicated Bush, then I would support his removal from office.

--------------------
“My experience with Rick Berman is, you know, he does not understand what he's doing, he does not understand science fiction.”
-- Andrew Probert

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for that lovely interpretation, Herr Spin-Doktor.

Now, back to what I actually said... I at no point suggested that I wanted Bush to invade Iraq at all. However, if, like the crazed lunatic he is, he chooses to do so, I would prefer that he find nothing. If his actions were ever justified, how could we stop him from going even further?

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps