Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Bush calls for new ammendment ... (Page 12)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Bush calls for new ammendment ...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And hasn't the Catholic Church (along with everyone else) long since realised that the Shroud Of Turin is a big fat fake?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it's just everyone else.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure we were taught that it was a lie. Pretty sure. Fairly sure.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TSN: As you posted, I was joking, period. There is nothing to find out; even the Catholic Church realizes the Shroud Of Turin is a fake.

As a Catholic I believe if I want to talk to God I can anytime; he is always listening. However, I probably would not do it in front of others as they might think I need mental help. And if I ever think the Almighty is talking back then I probably do need mental help.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I'm sure we were taught that it was a lie. Pretty sure. Fairly sure."

I remember being shown a film about it in school. I don't recall exactly what grade. Would've been the early '90s, anyway. I don't recall any mention of its being fake, or even in dispute. But, then, I know I didn't listen too carefully. I remember coming away with the impression that they'd been talking about the story of Veronica wiping Jesus' face, rather than a burial cloth.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back on track for a second, I'll give you the same advice I give every American who bitches about his country:
1) Best: Fix it. You live in a democracy.
2) Next: Move to Canada. We have our government well tamed - and one of our Prime Ministers said it best: "The government has no business in the bedrooms of the nation."

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"Fix it. You live in a democracy."

Well, the problem with a government of the people is that it doesn't work when most of the people are idiots.

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've always subscribed to the theory that a people deserves the government they get.

And if they're not happy with it - overthrow it (by poll if possible - by revolution if necessary).
Russians proved that the latter is possible.
It's time that complaining Americans prove that their system works via the former.
Because frankly, much as we love you guys (and some of my best friends are Americans) - we figure we took in our quota during the 'Nam draft.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, if Bush sticks around much longer, we'll see if you get a chance to overfill that quota.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've always subscribed to the theory that a people deserves the government they get."

So the half of the US that didn't vote for Bush also deserved the current government? As theories go, that one is pretty stupid.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's hope for a mirror image of the '00 elections, just to see the filp side of the coin....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
I'm sure we were taught that it was a lie. Pretty sure. Fairly sure.

There was a Timewatch or Panorama or something about it a few years ago. It has been pretty much proved as a fake, I think.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just wanted to add some fuel to the fire...

quote:
Tenn. County Wants to Charge Homosexuals

Associated Press

DAYTON, Tenn. - The county that was the site of the Scopes "Monkey Trial" over the teaching of evolution is asking lawmakers to amend state law so the county can charge homosexuals with crimes against nature.

The Rhea County commissioners approved the request 8-0 Tuesday.

Commissioner J.C. Fugate, who introduced the measure, also asked the county attorney to find a way to enact an ordinance banning homosexuals from living in the county.

"We need to keep them out of here," Fugate said.

Link via Eschaton

You may now continue.

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Can we charge these... commissioners for being pollutants in the gene pool?

--------------------
".mirrorS arE morE fuN thaN televisioN" - TEH PNIK FLAMIGNO

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when I was considering changing my sig line...

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps