Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Michael Moore: Like him or hate him (or as one person says, execute him for treason) (Page 9)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: Michael Moore: Like him or hate him (or as one person says, execute him for treason)
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd definitely heard of him, too, because of the embassy bombings (I think I mentioned him in the Officer's Lounge before the attacks, IIRC). However, on 9/11, when I said "it might be bin Laden," people looked at me and said "Who?"

--------------------
Meh

MarianLH
Member # 1102

- posted      Profile for MarianLH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More to the point--and correct me if I'm wrong--but Bush had heard of him, and been specifically told that he planned to hijack some airplanes and crash them into buildings.

Marian

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is an article on the subject.

quote:
Who Was Really In Charge?
Did Bush know Cheney had given orders to down airliners on September 11? The commission staff wonders�and remains at odds with both men over alleged Saddam-Al Qaeda ties.

June 28 issue - America was under attack, and somebody had to make a decision. Dick Cheney, huddled in the Presidential Emergency Operations Center under the White House, had just urged the traveling George W. Bush not to return to Washington. The president had left Florida aboard Air Force One at 9:55 a.m. on 9/11 "with no destination at take-off," as last week's 9-11 Commission report noted. Nor had Bush given any known instructions on how to respond to the attacks. Now Cheney faced another huge decision on a morning in which every minute seemed monumental. The two airliners had already crashed into the Twin Towers, another into the Pentagon. Combat air patrols were aloft, and a military aide was asking for shoot-down authority, telling Cheney that a fourth plane was "80 miles out" from Washington. Cheney didn't flinch, the report said. "In about the time it takes a batter to decide to swing," he gave the order to shoot it down, telling others the president had "signed off on the concept" during a brief phone chat. When the plane was 60 miles out, Cheney was again informed and again he ordered: take it out.

Then Joshua Bolten, after what he described in testimony as "a quiet moment," spoke up. Bolten, the White House deputy chief of staff, asked the veep to get back in touch with the president to "confirm the engage order." Bolten was clearly subordinate to Cheney, but "he had not heard any prior conversation on the subject with the president," the 9/11 report notes. Nor did the real-time notes taken by two others in the room, Cheney's chief of staff, "Scooter" Libby�who is known for his meticulous record-keeping�or Cheney's wife, Lynne, reflect that such a phone call between Bush and Cheney occurred or that such a major decision as shooting down a U.S. airliner was discussed. Bush and Cheney later testified the president gave the order. And national-security adviser Condoleezza Rice and a military aide said they remembered a call, but gave few specifics. The report concluded "there is no documentary evidence for this call."

Daniel Klaidman and Michael Hirsh, Newsweek

--------------------
Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war.
~ohn Adams

Once again the Bush Administration is worse than I had imagined, even though I thought I had already taken account of the fact that the Bush administration is invariably worse than I can imagine.
~Brad DeLong

You're just babbling incoherently.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he gave the order to shoot it down though, what was'nt it done?
80 miles out is still pretty close by a jet's velocity.

Mna, I really ewant to see the movie now: more for my date's POV (she argues very sexily) than Moore's perspective though.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...she argues very sexily..."

Eh...I'm sure they never thought this could be a date movie, but hey, prove them wrong.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing like making out to the dulcet tones of a bearded fat man talking politics...
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We argued over America's motives at a blues bar (she says all voters only care about their pocketbooks and the moral issues in an election are at best secondary) and then we were holding hands and she had my finger in her mouth....

Man, I really like her a lot.

Plus, my birthday is next sunday and I'm hoping to spend it with her. [Smile]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This sounds like a comedy sketch.

...or a moveon.org ad.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

No not comedy: though everyone at work probably thinks I got laid a dozen times (when in truth it was our first date and everything was pretty innocent) from my goofy smile I cant get rid of.

Man, it's the best to be with someone new and intresting.

Micheal Moore should do a film about love: it'd be a challenge to himself to edit it a way to make republicans appear responsible for all breakups.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"she had my finger in her mouth"
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, yeah....otherwise innnocet.
I lost sleep over that part though. [Smile]

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, great.

So, Bush and Michael Moore: Back to the topic.

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Feel left out?

As to Moore, I have'nt seen any more interviews since the Today show.

I think that one took him off guard a bit (and his website now features an article attacking Matt Lauer for the interview).

Anyone seen Moore in interviews in the past week or so?

EDIT: looks like he's going to be on CNN in an hour or so: I'll try to stay up and watch.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

ug...someone please watch this interview: I'm falling asleep.

'Night.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looked through Michael Moore's website, and I couldn't find any article about Matt Lauer. Maybe I missed it?

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps