Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » No wonder why I'm now an agnostic (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: No wonder why I'm now an agnostic
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think "ALL CHRISTIANS ARE SHIT AND EVIL!" but they are the group most vocally opposed to openmindedness and civil liberties for gays, minorities, science and sex education and are generally in favor of some censorship to "preserve (their idea of) morals"

I like Christians: I like their moral structure and the ideal of turning the other cheek and being thy brother's keeper- I just wish they'd follow it themselves occasionally. [Wink]

As to the "religous right" subset, those are usually (from my observances) southern Baptists that cater to "old southern thinking" -think of old good ol' boys and their offspring.

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...but they are the group most vocally opposed to openmindedness and civil liberties for gays, minorities, science and sex education and are generally in favor of some censorship to 'preserve (their idea of) morals'"

Well, they've ruled most of the Western world for over a thousand years. Of course they're going to be vocal about letting that power slip. I mean, who else is going to complain? The Jews? They spent as long being persecuted as the Christians spent in power. The Muslims? Most of the ones who live here probably wouldn't unless they were looking for a place with less persecution. And even those two religions are vastly outweighed by the Christian population. No other religion even has enough people here to make much of an impression.

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"hence the fact that the KKK hates Catholics as much those two groups."

And yet they try and dress like him. Big brother complex?

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Never underestimate (...) their influence over people who just don't think it's worth arguing with them."

Or their influence over people who just don't think at all.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"hence the fact that the KKK hates Catholics as much those two groups."

And yet they try and dress like him. Big brother complex?"

"Him"? Who? Mr. Catholic?

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, the venerable Feigned Confusion +1, a potent lvl-1 dweomer.

I meant Il Papa. Gown like a Klaner but with gilded threads.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But he has a better hat.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps