Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » All this damn spam (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: All this damn spam
Guardian 2000
Member # 743

- posted      Profile for Guardian 2000     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Drunken vent-time:

All the off-topic bullshit is really annoying. I mean, the Flare group as a whole has become weirder over the past few months, it seems, and has taken to flaming newbies and all sorts of other crap. But more than that, there's the general unentertaining weirdness. If a thread on the torpedoes from ST2 goes off into other treknobabble matters then whatever, but going off into Braga's choice of brassiere to model is just stupid. And then you get the complete weirdos . . . Ultra Magnus (or whatever you want to call yourself today), forgive me for using your posts as an example:

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/6/2462/2.html#000023

Everyone: Sex! Boobs!

Simon: Nerd Nerd Nerd.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/10/3476.html#000002
(Mostly on-topic . . . holy shit!)

Why are there never dirt circles or marsh circles or garbage dump circles?

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/9/250/2.html#000026

DROP IN THE BUCHET

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/489/4.html#000055

Good Christ.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php/topic/4/489/4.html#000052

I hate you.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/4/489/3.html?

I sure hate Japan.

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/10/3473.html?

PERDUCCI!!!!

I mean: SIMON!!!!

========================

Other posts of wisdom, as randomly clicked upon from the recent posts list:

Chix w/ dix o ya

It is because he is fat like hippo.

Who the fuck is this "Pensive's" shithead?

Take that, Air Force slobs! Air Force is jerks!!

WHAT ABOUT LIZ'S SUBWOOFERS

(Man, in real life, you'd be all laughing, because I totally would have said Woofer like Woo-Fur, and man, that is funny when you do that, like Boo-k.)

THINK OF THE STONED ROAD ADVENTURES

=====================

So what is this all about? Did Charles hand out the drugs along with Firefox?

--------------------
. . . ceterum censeo Carthaginem esse delendam.

G2k's ST v. SW Tech Assessment

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HE SINGS THE SONG OF LIFE WE MUST SIMPLY LISTEN

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
U NO IT.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's called "local color." [Smile]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YA I BET IT SUX BIG TIEM WHEN YUO SPEND LONG TIME POSTING BIG LONG SMART THING AND YUO RECIEVE GHEY POINTLKESS RESPNOCES
Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guardian, did you have any other qualms, anything else you want to bring up, except for creating some sort of surreal Greatest Hits collection for Ultra?

So this board gets zany now and then, with discussions flailing this way and that like an out-of-control firehose, getting everyone in the radius all wet and excited.

Would you rather all members were being snide, anal and territorial like a schoolboard meeting, seemingly controlled by alien hosts, as in the hit movie "Dreamcatcher" (through the ass)?

And don't tell me I'm trying to brush away the issue by presenting two undesirable extremes, shifting the focus.
You could claim that but it would be totally boring.

I don't know about you but I'm Nim.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Doctor Jonas
Member # 481

- posted      Profile for Doctor Jonas     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I want to grow and be a somethingsomething like Ultra Magnus. Yes.

Look, if it wasn't for the humor in here, this would be yet fucking another nerd place. It's the complete random posts that make it worthwile to come back. Even I had to study the boards for one whole year before posting something consistent with the local speech. But it's been great, for three years.

NOW LOOK FORWARD NOT BACK.

PS: I am in my shorts, eating a piece of Provolone cheese. Good stuff.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
our communications are encoded in this way because it is so complex, none of the normals can understand. we are protected from their wrath(s) and their the "fuck" way of percieving the force.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been with this group since 1999 I think... god where do the years go. Anyway, I remember how tame it was... just posts of DS9's ships and what not. But that made me rarely go on here... once a week max. The last few years I actually look on this forum on a daily basis because it actually became entertaining to read how Ultra will respond to how I met Jolene Blalock at the supermarket or how I prefer blonds over brunettes.

My point is... if there weren't random acts of posting in this forum, it could be as dead as the other ones I've left.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He is totally like Robin Hood.

I met my math teacher at the supermarket once.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLY SHIT, SO DID I, ROCK!
Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ya know, to an extent, I sorta agree with the rant here. The BS outside of the lounge should indeed be kept to a reasonable limit.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

It hasn't been?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So we have to put up with red blobs if we don't use the right browser, and stick strictly to the subject when talking about starships? That gives me an idea for the new Tech Foprum tagline: Now with 47% more nerds.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
Member # 709

Ya know, to an extent, I sorta agree with the rant here. The BS outside of the lounge should indeed be kept to a reasonable BIG AMERICAN PARTY!
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps