Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...)
Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Have you personally experienced a "Close Encounter of the 3rd kind?" What exactly is a close encounter of the third kind? Second Kind? First kind? Is there a 4th kind?

Ever seen an angel, or some miracle that proves god exists? Ever seen a demon head floating? Survived an accident when you should have died?

Have you ever gone to sleep and shared a dream with a friend, and remembered it, and varified it with the friend later? Movie examples (Explorers, Dreamscape, Nightmare on Elm Street: Dream Warriors, .....)

I once wolk up in the middle of the night and felt extreemly cold, chilled to the bone, but I knew that it was supposed to be warm, (I don't remember if there was frost on my breath, I don't think there was...) but I looked over at my bedroom door, and there was a green floating see-throw glowing demon head, just floating there looking at me. I slowly pulled show sheets over my head and just layed there breathing as quietly and slowly as possible, I didn't get to sleep till the sun was up.

Once when I was crossing the street, I hadn't looked and a car was about to hit me, and someone pulled me back, when I looked behind me, nobody was there!!

-Marc

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think this needs to be a Flameboard topic, really.

At any rate, how much Doom had you been playing that night?

And, to prove that I am a fountain of useless knowledge with few peers:

CE I: Visual sightings of an unknown craft. (In these circles, of course, unknown always means alien, so we'll stick with the ET terminology as a matter of clarification.)

CE II: Physical evidence of a UFO landing.

CE III: Contact with extraterrestrial beings.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
actually the event with the floating green skull occured in 1987, much before Doom was even thought of...

so Sol, where would you put this discussion?

------------------
"Hey you...you talkin to me?"
"Show me your steel"
"I will show you my iron claw technique!"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Sol's vast intelect may be a Close Encounter of the ODD kind.

------------------
Ohh, so Mother Nature needs a favor? Well maybe she should have thought of that when she was besetting us with droughts, and plagues and poison monkeys. Nature started the fight for survival and now she wants to quit because she's losing...well I say "Hard Cheese"!
~C. Montgomery Burns

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I tend to take the view that most "paranormal phenomena" are not what they are assumed to be. This doesn't mean they are all without foundation. Many such events could be aspects of the natural world seen too infrequently to be well known. (eg. ball lightning , or even postulated "lights in the sky" produced by tectonic plates causing localised aurorae)

My skepticism also rests on the fact that our entire perception of the world is filtered through fallable senses of hearing and sight. I have several times heard my name being called when there's nobody there - a common auditory hallucination brought on by fatigue.
I have also had bouts of vertigo (not necessarily related to heights, but to ear infections, etc), which can produce visual distortions and even hallucinations. My brother told me once that his medication for epilepsy used to regularly produce terrifying monsters in his peripheral vision.

Being myopic as well, I find when I wake during the night (minus correcting lenses) the world is transformed into a grey swirling mass where even something like a chair can for an instant look like a living form.

I don't buy ghosts, because after doing a physics degree you think of everything you see as something that refelcts photons into your eye. If a ghost can be seen, it'd need to reflect, and thus be made of "stuff". So you're telling me a couple of million atoms appear and disappear from the ether, and go through solid objects in violation of the laws of physics? To believe that I'd need more evidence than that of my useless and increasingly knackered eyes. Id probaly need to introduce myself to one and ask if I could have a brief word about the afterlife if they're not too busy.

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was present at the sightings in Pheonix Arizona, i live in the general area.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"You forget, Peter. I was present at an unexplained, undersea, mass sponge migration!"
"Ray, the sponges migrated about a foot and a half."

Well, let's see.
I've seen UFO's. Three, to my recollection. Two were potentially explainable as other phenomena. One was... not. BUT, I can't be entirely sure that that one really happened, because I experienced 'missing time.'

I've had any number of odd coincidences, the most impressive of which occured while I was training to be a counselor for a church camp (that's right, ME, back before the Change). We were all gathered in a cabin to watch a training video. I decided suddenly to move to a better seat. The instant I sat down in the other seat, the window that had been behind my previous seat fell inward, shattering on my chair and shredding the jacket I had left there. I almost certainly would have been killed.

I've had shared dreams, and one instance in which a friend dreamed about things that I had thought about the night before. (She dreamt she was in a scene out of a book I was reading, despite never having read the book herself)

I had a friend in college who claimed to be able to see auras, and he claimed that mine is an intense "electric purple color, like ultraviolet blacklight" and said that he's afraid of me because of it, because when I'm angry, flames of it leap a foot up from my hands. (I, of course, have never seen this.)

I have noticed that my hands have a tendency to get hot when I am on 'holy' ground or other places considered 'sacred' or 'spiritually significant,' including graveyards and 'indian rocks' (places there are Native Amnerican carvings).

My cousin claimed throughout her youth that she could see the departing essences of recently dead animals or people.

There's more, but I don't need anybody thinking I'm crazier than I actually am.

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had a lot of weird experiences, but I don't think much of them....

one, I just get these FEELINGS sometimes about a close friend, and it'll nag at me until I call them and I'll find out that they're having a major crisis and that my feeling was right and that they wanted me to call them...

two, I know in advance when I'm going to get in a car accident. Ever since my first car was totalled, I've KNOWN when an accident was coming up. It's almost disabling, because I become so freaked out and stressed out about it that I start to drive like i DESERVE to be in an accident. But so far not a single time has it been my fault. And actually, most of the times that it happened, I wasn't even driving because I was so freaked out that I refused to drive and then we STILL got in an accident... *shrug* What kind of luck is that?

three, Sometimes I'll wake up in the middle of the night with a thought in my head, and I'll find out a few days later that I was right... for instance, last spring I woke up at 4am, sat bolt upright in bed and said "Oh my gosh... Landon's wife is pregnant...!" Keep in mind that at this point I hadn't seen or heard from Landon in several months.... however, just three days later I ran into a mutual friend who told me that his wife indeed was pregnant and that they'd only found out a few days before... creepy. I did that with another friend a few week ago, too....

four, I have experienced what COULD be called missing time, but I think it's just Liz spacing out, because it only has happend when I was deep into a spell of insomnia and wasn't fully operational, if you know what I mean...

And as for seeing things, yes... it's happened... again though, it was in the middle of an insomnia spell, and so I don't put much thought into it... a few months ago after youth group I was watching one of the Fishers play guitar, and suddenly he faded to black and white... nothing else did, just him... the next day he fell into a 6 week long bad mood. weird. Also, a few weeks after that, I was at a church rally here in Spokane, and FOM was playing, and as they played I saw this like swirling cloud of "evil" above them on the stage. A few minutes later two of my best friends fell apart in tears, and I found out that a major crisis had happened earlier in the day.

Are all of these things coincidences? I think so. I'm not big into the whole "supernatural powers" thing... I blame most of them on lack of sleep and fatigue... having insomnia the way I sometimes do REALLY starts to mees with your head. Everything else I just blame on a good intuition.... No little green men in MY life! *smile*

~LOA

------------------
"When the toast is burnin', all the milk has turned'
and Captain Crunch is waving farewell....
When the big one finds you, may this song remind you
that they don't serve breakfast in Hell!" ~Newsboys, Breakfast

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I confess to haveing some intence feelings about things happening, and then they happen. An auto accident, a marrage proposeal. Most of the time, it's about something that was going to happen to me, In the case of the marrage, it was to very close friends.

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a talk with a guy who has seen a UFO together with 30 other poeple. And I believe him.

BTW:
Close Encounter of the 4th Kind = Abduction

------------------
"Reality is a condition that occurs because of a lack of alcohol."
- Albert Einstein

(-=\V/=-)

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Close encounter of the 5th kind: You marry one and settle down to domestic life (but the in-laws can be a real pain!)

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

LOA
Migraine Mistress
Member # 49

- posted      Profile for LOA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*ROTFL*

------------------
"Hello darkness my old friend,
I've come to talk with you again....." ~Simon & Garfunkle, The Sound of Silence

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I simply point all of you to the "Black Projects," the section of the Department of Defence budget which is deemed classified. The projects which are, by and large, controlled by the United States Air Force.

Area 51 has been photographed by Soviet spy satellites since the 1970s. It's not because of "aliens" but because of something we like to call supersonic aircraft. Keep in mind, in the 1940s, Adolf Hitler and the Third Reich was developing aircraft which looked nothing like normal aircraft and were capable of some amazing feats. Who do you think took control of the Nazi plans when they were defeated? The US and the USSR, primarily the former.

See, there's generally a pretty logical explanation to everything. Granted, this wouldn't be a slam dunk conviction in court, but I could convince 12 people of it.

------------------
"I can't let you smother me. I'd like to but it wouldn't work." - Kurt Cobain
Lounge Act, Nirvana

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True enough, for most of them.

I've seen quite a number of 'black' projects (It helps having a relative in Military Intelligence, and subscribing to certain journals), but I've never seen any designs for a dome-shaped plane with four bottom engines (?) that could hover, cover a significant portion of the sky while still far in the air, and move upwards at incredible speeds while humming.

Incidentally, "Area 51" has been closed for some time. The facilities have moved to Utah-Colorado border locations.

"Pumpkinseed" "Brilliant Pebbles" and "Thor."

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not that far off from some Nazi specs I've seen. I doubt the US government is going to let the public have full knowledge of the black projects.

------------------
"I can't let you smother me. I'd like to but it wouldn't work." - Kurt Cobain
Lounge Act, Nirvana

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps