Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Strange Occurences: Too (sightings,ghosts,aliens,shared dreams...)
Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm a human water dowling. I can sense water, especially if I hear a tap running.

If I think really hard, sometimes I can use my telekenisis to make trees move. It only happens when it's windy out, so it's hard to notice.

------------------
I bet when Neanderthal kids would make a snowman, someone would
always end up saying "Don't forget the big heavy eyebrows." Then they would all get embarrassed because they remembered they had the big hunky eyebrows too, and then they would get mad and eat the snowman.

-Jack Handey

Dane Simri
Member # 272

- posted      Profile for Dane Simri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, Necromancer... I think that's just a Catholic thing.

------------------
Dane

"...and there was war in heaven..." The Bible, Revelation 12:7

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL*

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Mythril
Member # 286

- posted      Profile for Mythril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well every one has psionic abilities to a certain extent. Some are more sensitive than others.

------------------
I am not responsible for the stupidity of other people.

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I used to have a series of dreams where I had telekinesis. Within the dream, I could feel a part of my brain (somewhere inside my skull when it isn't hiding ) "flex", rather like the sensation of a muscle flexing, whenever I exerted the power. The last time I had that dream, I awoke feeling as though I had figured out how to do telekinesis.

I got up and sat a lighter on the coffee table and stared at the damn thing for more than 30 minutes before I decided that perhaps maybe I didn't really have telekinesis after all. Then I had breakfast. That was in 1982.

I once saw three UFOs in the night sky.

It was just before I went to Korea for the first time. I was on leave and visiting my mom in Sacramento (Sacratomato! The world's biggest hick town! If it wasn't for the state government, the largest employer would be the Libbey's packing plant).

I was standing in her back yard having a cigarrette (she doesn't smoke so I don't stink up her house). One evening I looked up into the western sky, and from the direction of McClellan AFB (3 miles distant) I saw 3 aircraft in vee formation approaching. I listened for the engine sounds and heard nothing. They appeared to be reflecting city light, so I figured they must be at no less than 1,000 feet altitude (roughly 350 meters). They silently cruised overhead on an easterly heading.

Still no engine sound, nor the sound of air rushing over their fuselages. I'd been watching them for about a minute now and had been wracking my brain in an effort to identify these aircraft. I estimated their speed to be around 100-150 mph. They should have been making some sort of noise, but I still was not hearing anything other than the muted sounds of the freeway and other typical night noises.

I calculated the wingspan to be between 30 and 60 feet, with a fuselage length of around 2/3 that amount. The wings were straight from the wingroot to a point about midway between the the fuselage and the wingtip. The inner section was slightly forward-swept. At the mid-wing point, the wings swept back around 15 degrees, tapering to a sharp tip. The fuselage looked cylindrical, with a pointed nose ending in a fan-shaped tail with a straight trailing edge.

Nothing I could think of matched that description. As I watched the three craft dissappear into the eastern night sky, I remember thinking: "Hmmm... Could not identify. Technically this means it's a UFO. Maybe if I wait for a bit they'll return?"

Just as I had that thought I got a "creepy" feeling and decided it was time to go back inside.

Three years later, while I was stationed at Cannon AFB, I went to visit my mom in "the Big Tomato" again.

Same time of night, similar atmospheric conditions, similar circumstances. I was in the back yard having a smoke when I noticed a single object approaching from the west. I couldn't believe my luck! Here was another one! I watched it intently, doing all my mental calculations regarding size, speed, and configuration, hoping this time to identify the mysterious plane! I started going through my mental list of what planes might look this way under these circumstances.

As I watched, it followed the same course that the others had years ago, exhibiting the same steady, silent progress.

Eureka! It made a sound!

"Squaaaark-ark-ark-ark-ark!!"

Damn! It was only a seagull!

Despite my earlier assumptions, I did not realize that an object cruising at an altitude of 50 feet could be so well-lit from beneath by the ambient light of the city. That's why I was unable to identify my first sighting.

--Baloo

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

[This message has been edited by Baloo (edited January 24, 2000).]

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
AAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!

The Earth is being invaded by an alien race of advanced maritime birds! How can we defend ourselves from this menace?

------------------
Gene: "I AM Star Trek"
Yvonne: "You can't sum yourself up in so small a package."
Gene: "SMALL?!!"

- Gene Roddenberry: The Last Conversation

Baloo
Curmudgeon-in-Chief
Member # 5

- posted      Profile for Baloo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monty: I don't know about you but I try to make sure I have an umbrella handy. Those guys are incontinent!

------------------
"Politicians and diapers should be changed regularly, for the same reason."
--(Unknown)
Come Hither and Yawn...

TerraZ
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I never experienced anything beyond a lot of "deja vu" and it was only images that I thought I had already seen. I must be very low on the ESP side

My best friend however seems to have a gift at guessing things. When I ask him to guess anything, be it the age of my distant uncle to the phone number of my team partner at school, he has it right about 95% of the times. And he sort of feels when someone he hasn't in a long time is coming. He'd suddenly start talking about his cousin for no reason and he'd get a call from her the next morning (and believe me, there was NO way he could have known). However it never works if I intentionally try to make him prove his talent. If I ask him to guess to prove him, it never works. Kinda like quantum physics were an electron is both a wave and a particule when unobserved but one or the other when there's an attempt to detect it.

I'd also like to say that I'm a fairly sceptical person. I don't really believe in ghosts or ESP but I'm not willing to deny the possibility of it.

By the Jubilee, what about guessing what's in my room?

------------------
-If you ask me, I think continuity is highly overrated...
*Brannon Braga*

-So, you do it out of hate! Good! That's an emotion I can trust...
*Megatron - Beast Wars*

IP: Logged
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if its relevant, but I've been asked to spend the weekend (Saturday Night, anyway) in a 'haunted' house by a friend of mine... he wants to see if anyone else can confirm what he claims is going on there, and discover the source.

First of Two, Ghostbuster!!

So if I vanish after this weekend, you'll know I 'crossed over.'

WhooooooOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo......

------------------
Calvin: "No efficiency, no accountability... I tell you, Hobbes, it's a lousy way to run a Universe." -- Bill Watterson

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It seems far more likely that you simply remember the times your friend guesses right, and forget the times he guesses wrong.

------------------
"20th Century, go to sleep."
--
R.E.M.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think 99% of the UFOs (I hate the fact that they are always connected to aliens!!!!!) are explainable. Probably a lot of natural phenomena's involved. Another option are those secret airplanes 'n' stuff, like the Aurora. Sometimes it's even a normal plane viewed from a weird angle!

IMHO, ESP is nonsense. It happens inside your head! When you know a house to be haunted, you will feel colder and hear weird things.

------------------
So small,
so innocent,
so young,
so delicately done,
grown up in your poison.

"Little Baby Swastikkka"
-Skunk Anansie

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, incidentally, nothing happened. The only other beings in the guy's house were a small number of spiders and mice in the basement.

And none of them had telekinesis.

On dreaming of flying:
"When you dream, you sometimes remember. When you wake, you always forget." -- Gaiman

------------------
"Nobody knows this, but I'm scared all the time... of what I might do, if I ever let go." -- Michael Garibaldi

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Baloo:

Those birds were just to throw you off the trail!!

------------------
Fool of a Took, throw yourself in next time!!
Gandalf

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I sometimes think I'm flying, but that might be the vertigo...

And are you guys telling me some mice and a generous supply of spiders isn't sufficiently scary for you?
What if one of the little devils crawled under your blanket in the middle of the night?

------------------
"You don't need eyes to see; you need VISION"
- Faithless / Reverence

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have two oddities

1) I am able to "hear" electricity. If a TV is on, but muted with zero sound whatsoever, I can be on the other side of the house and hear it turned on and hear when it is on. Same go for computers and sound systems.

2) I have slight premanitions. I can see an second or two second long event months before it actually happens. The viewings usually occur just from imagination, It's just part of all the useless images I can see in my head at any given moment. As far as I know from all the times this has happened, it's not deja vu, since it usually happens in a place I've never been. The most reacent case was in Physics this year, where I was sitting in my seat. I wasn't paying attention (as usual), and I look up, and there is a scene that I have stored in my memory, and I get a very weird feeling. My hands are visibly in the exact position, the people in the room are in the exact position, the clothes and colors are the same as well. This occured very early in the year, and, again, I had never been in that room prior to that class, so it couldn't be deja vu.

------------------
"The things hollow--it goes on forever--and--oh my God!--it's full of stars!" -David Bowman's last transmission back to Earth, 2001: A Space Odyssey

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps