Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US to seize OPEC (Page 6)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: US to seize OPEC
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You, sir, are a master of changing the subject. I wish Rob was here to deal with this. He's usually so much better at this than I am...

In fact, I don't think I'm even going to bother. That question is so loaded, it's not worthy of an answer beyond "no". You can figure out the rest.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

[This message has been edited by Omega (edited October 22, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Changing the subject?

You, sir, are full of it.

I am asking you to state where you stand on what we've been talking about. You accused me of not knowing what you were talking about, and I'm offering you a chance to very clearly, state what you're talking about.

And you accuse me of changing the subject.

I'll spell it out for you: WHAT - ARE - YOUR - POSITIONS - ON - WHAT - WE'VE - BEEN - TALKING - ABOUT ?

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000
"I just came to watch the perfect Immortal die." - Methos

"I'm not..." - MacLeod

"Not what? Not the perfect Immortal? Or not going to die?" - Methos

"Forgive Us Our Tresspasses" - Highlander: The Series

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually yellow, but that's because, on weekends, I am drawn by Matt Groening.

Chris Howell was black. Tora's (I think), got some Asian blood in her (how's that for specific?), DT was a big hairy Italian-type, and Charles has a ginger beard.

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jew by heritage, 1/97th Japanese, part Cherokee, Mainly Sicilian & German & Qu�becois.

And I think "cracker" is just plain stupid. I much prefer term "honky."

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like Himbo. Of course, it's non-race specific, but degrading nonetheless...

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
50% Swedish; 25% Irish; 25% German

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000

"I'm not..." - MacLeod

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, aren't those all white?

And 1/97th Japanese? Jeez, are we desperate to be cool or what?

"I know, rather than coming up with a personality, I'll pretend that my great x10 grandfather might have once seen a Japanese woman's breats. That way I can get really upset whenever the H-bomb is mentioned, and make girls think I'm sensitive and stuff. This will surely lead to lots of naked, sweaty sexual sessions."

------------------
"Why do you want to spend time with a deer? They're so stupid, they get hypnotized by headlights!" - Guido Anchovy

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The ideas of cultural history and social memory are uncharted territories to Omega.

------------------
Get going! And answer those phones, install the computer system, and rotate my office so the window faces the hills.
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's see...

I'm 1/64 Cherokee, or something like that. Mainly German, Italian, and Scandanavian on my dad's side, and a general Brittish/Irish conglomerate on my mom's.

------------------
Pilot: You're sure they were Americans, eh?
Fraser: They were all wearing new boots, they were driving a Jeep Wrangler, and they carried big guns.
Pilot: Americans it is.
- "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Bit of a history lesson here:

You ever watch a period movie set in New York about 150 years ago? All the stores have signs in them saying "Irish need not apply?"

WAAAAY back then, in the States (possibly Europe too, but I'm not 100% sure), the Irish were considered a "sub" race, much as Africans and Orientals were.

------------------
Jeff's Webcam
Gore/Lieberman 2000

"I'm not..." - MacLeod

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Another one over in England was to have signs in bars saying "No dogs or Irish". Speaking as someone 100%(as far as I know) Irish, I don't feel offended by this, just vaguely amused.

------------------
"Unleash the armageddon,
So all the children go to heaven"

"Blue Skies Bring Tears"-The Smashing Pumpkins.

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well since everybody else is sharing...

1/4th Russian. I only know that because my great-great-great grandfather is some guy named Alexander Puskin (which I'm told is some famous Russian guy).

It is interesting how a thread about gas turns into family heritgage.

------------------
Calvin: "Isn't that weird?? If computers can think, what will people be better at than machines?"
Hobbes: "Irrational behavior."
This post is sponsored in part by the Federation Starship Datalink

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Some famous guy"...heh...

Aleksandr Pushkin was only one of Russia's most beloved & wonderful poets of the 19th century.

While we're on famous folks in the family...I'm related to Einstein (like a 4- or 5-branch distant relation)& to Arthur Fleigenheimer, AKA Dutch Schultz.

------------------
"Two parts slush...one part solid ice...one part hard-packed snow...a dash of assorted debris...sculpt into sphere, and serve at high velocity without warning." --Calvin

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My Grandpa can fart really loud.

There, I think I've succeeded in bringing the two topics closer together.

------------------
"Hockey is a sport for white men. Basketball is a sport for black men. Golf is a sport for white men dressed like black pimps."
- Tiger Woods

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

...um, my grandfather lost an ear at Normandy ... thats about the best I can do.

------------------
You wouldn't understand. It's a Jeep thing.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps