Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » US to seize OPEC (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: US to seize OPEC
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did he check behind the fridge? I lost Depth Charge's gun once, and it was there. Lord knows how, since I don't regularly take Transformers with me when I get milk.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's baaaaack...

Since we're sharing, Scots-Irish-German-Welsh-English-Polish-Iroquois.
(although I only found out about the Iroquois part last week, - mom found an error in her genealogy - it's possibly on more than one branch of the family tree, and already likely higher in the rankings than either Polish or Welsh.)

If certain terms such as the dreaded "n-word" are so offensive... pray explain the reasoning behind people of that particular group using that term to describe themselves in their music and popular entertainment?

Once again, words are not 'bad,' in and of themselves, any more than books , movies, or any kind of information is 'bad.'

'Bad'-ness is in intent, and action. It always has been, and it always will be.

I mean, I could call you a psychofragulated tubloidial framitzammer, too. Does that mean anything to you?

Words actually, in and of themselves, MEAN very little. Take the overuse of the word "brother." Brother has a very definite meaning: male sibling. But Freemasons, people with "brethren"-ish churches, and People-Of-Mid-Northern-To-Mid-Lower-Latitude-African-And-Sometimes-Elsewhere-Origin (just striving for accuracy here) call each other 'brother' on a daily basis all the time in the USA, even if their tribes of origin are busy slaughtering each other in the ancestral homeland.

Offense can even be taken at innocuous words, perhaps moved by innuendo (or the recipient's inherent insecurities), You mother-loving pie-eater.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And all of the above posts were brought to you by

Exxon, polluting the world for your children, so you don't have to.

------------------
Stupid bastards and religious freaks,
so safe in their castle keeps...

Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Irish, but descended mainly from the interaction of elements in the cores of dying stars and in supernova remnants.
I also have some beta-decay in me, and I'm nearly sure my great-great grandmother (on my brother's side, now) was a hydrocarbon suspended in a vapour state, even though I'd rather not talk about that part of l'histiore la famille.

Famous relations?

A cousin of mine was one of the primary constituents of the Bos�-Einstein condensate that gluons were supposed to have been seen in last year.

I heard somewhere that I'd a pure element in me from like centuries ago that could have been chlorine!!
(reminds of the stories my father still tells us from time to time, about my mother being about as inert as neon when they first met - arf!)

Apparently my grandfather was a colleague of many of Winston Churchill's farts.

->>back to the bashing<<-

------------------
Remember December '59
The howling wind and the driving rain,
Remember the gallant men who drowned
On the lifeboat, Mona was her name.

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps