Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Time to bow out... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Time to bow out...
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was an appeals court. It'll go to the state supreme court soon. Not that it'll matter, unless the court decides to rewrite the law. Again. There's no way to finish the recount before the new, illegally imposed deadline.

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Court interprets law there Sport.

It goes this way...appellants have a question regarding any given law and they go to the courts to find out how to construe said law.

Fascinating that how the system works.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it's disturbing when that system DOESN'T work. There is NO law involving a second deadline. Since the court says that there IS such a deadline, it must have written a new law. What's more, this new law overrides all previous related laws. This is what we mean by "legislation from the bench." The court DID NOT have the authority to rewrite the law. Thus, their doing so was illegal.

QED

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Omega, so sue the State of Florida and that court in particular.... While your at it, sue Bush and Gore...
Not for any money, but to end this BS.

Yes, you too can make a difference.... Revote 2000

------------------
**...****...**

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of suing ... did you hear about the woman who burned her chin with a McDonald's PICKLE?!

What is with these fucking people?!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, people don't wanna actually work for their money.... So the new American get rich quick scheme is to sue people for stupid shit.
Some people do have a legit reason to sue, but most don't.

We are sick people

Thank you, and good day.

------------------
**...****...**

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose it would be too much to ask if you have the case law the Court looked at handy for actual proof Omega.

Naw, I guess not...but you just go ahead and shout all you want to because they ruled in a manner you didn't like. You do after all have the right to do so.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Omega, if I were you I'd argue that this isn't the Republican way, and if all those dimwitted, self centered, egotistical, obtuse, self serving, dangerous, liberal Democrats would just kill themselves the US would be a proper Republican place to live.......

But, thank God, I am not you......

Ok, there is a reason to give THANKS today......

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
**...****...**

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

I'd tell you to feel free not to make a rational argument against my position, but it seems I'm a little late...

------------------
- Fraser, "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

What position? The one you can't back up with facts?

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Omega
Member # 91

All right, Mr. Wannabe Lawyer, why don't you tell me exactly what allows the supreme court of Florida to rewrite the law in this manner?

------------------
- Fraser, "due South"

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Hold on there, you are the one who claims they are acting in a manner outside their jurisdiction and you want ME to do the research?

No, your are going to have to come up with this one all by your lonesome.

Please my beautiful child of the South, go out and buy a clue or back up the crap you spew.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

****tears in eyes******

Dang Jay, that last line was poetic.....

Nothing like having the wind taken out of your sails is there??

Is it against the law to shift the burden of proof??

------------------
**...****...**

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

Mind you Omega, I disagree with Gore moving to question in the courts...the recounts esp. the one now canceled in Dade.

But that no longer seems to be the question of the thread. You say that the Florida Court is acting outside its jurisdiction and I ask you to tell me how you came to that conclusion.

------------------
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited November 24, 2000).]

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  ...  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps