Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Time to bow out... (Page 14)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Time to bow out...
Jeff Raven
Always Right
Member # 20

- posted      Profile for Jeff Raven     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I apologize, Jordan... but much of your statements are based on Democratic propaganda. To call Omega brainwashed is a bit of a stretch. I'll leave Omega to defend himself. He's done a good job so far.

------------------
"I'm not like George Bush. If he wins or loses, life goes on. I will do anything to win." - Al Gore, Newsweek, 1999

[This message has been edited by Jeff Raven (edited December 07, 2000).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff,

No, not really Demo-propoganda. Just some stuff i've seen happen in my city. J&S are die-hard democrats and a LOT of their freinds are. If I had to identify myself, politically, i'd say I fall along the lines of Libertarian.

BUT - basically everything Omega said is pretty much verbatim from what you can hear from Limbaugh and demogogs of his particular ilk. I despise politics on the whole. And I despise so-called twits who SEEM they have an answer for everything and they are right all the time and everyone else is wrong.

Cat.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You Republicans sure like them brownnoses.

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
""That black voters were being disenfranchised in Florida.

Really? Do you live in Florida? I do. And disenfranchisement is an old topic here."

Can you display evidence that black voters were disenfranchised in Florida?

"That Bush was responsible for the Byrd death.

Not directly, but he sure as hell help foster the eviroment that CAUSED it to happen."

What is your basis for this conclusion?

"That Bush did not sign a hate-crimes law in Texas.

Well, he DIDN'T. Mainly because of fundie Christians objected to the parts which went after crimes commited on the condition of sexual orientation."

----------

Texas Code of Criminal Procedure, Art. 42.014
Finding that offense was committed because of bias or prejudice

"In the punishment phase of the trial of an offense under the Penal Code, if the court determines that the defendant intentionally selected the victim primarily because of the defendant's bias or prejudice against a group, the court shall make an affirmative finding of that fact and enter the affirmative finding in the judgment of that case."

Acts 1995, 74th Leg., ch. 318, � 50, eff. Sept. 1, 1995

----------

Texas Penal Code, Art. 12.47
Penalty if Offense Committed Because of Bias or Prejudice

"If the judge or jury, whichever assesses punishment in the case, makes an affirmative finding under Article 42.014, Code of Criminal Procedure, in the punishment phase of the trial of an offense other than a first degree felony or a Class A misdemeanor, the punishment for the offense is increased to the punishment prescribed for the next highest category of offense. If the offense is a Class A misdemeanor, the minimum term of confinement for the offense is increased to 180 days."

Acts 1997, 75th Leg., ch. 751, � 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1997.

----------

This would seem to include protection for homosexuals, and would seem to have been enacted during Bush's term in office as Governor.

"That Republicans are racist.

Historically, they've been indifferent. Which is just as bad."

This response is ambiguous. Does this mean that you believe that ignoring race entirely is just as bad as believing one race to be superior?

"That the DNC has done more than the GOP to advance the cause of equal rights.

In the present, yes they have."

Please cite specific examples.

"That the welfare programs instituted by the DNC have helped Black families escape poverty."

That's true. But not just blacks but other groups as well."

Can you display evidence of this?

"That the GOP congressmen didn't care about black schools, and only wanted to take pictures of them.

I have never seen OUR local congressman, Joe Scarborugh (R) ever show up at any black school in Pensacola. Ever."

This is not a response to my statement.

"That said congressmen only wanted to have their pictures taken with black children, but were in "reality" trying to cut the funding that paid for a portion of their school lunches.

Newt Gingrich tried to do this. See his record for more details."

Can you display evidence of this?

"That quotas help black people get educations.

Yes because of REDLINING. Know what that is?"

This response is ambiguous. Are you saying that quotas do help black people get better educations? If so, can you display evidence of this?

"I loath both the Republicans and the Democrats. As a Floridian, they both turned this whole election into a freak show"

What has George W. Bush done to turn the election in Florida into a "freak show?"

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why, don't, uh, you there, provide evidence that supports your position conclusively.

I commend you on your Texas law articles, they seem to be evidence, but you prolong the argument when asking your opponents to provide evidence, when you could simply shut them up.

"Don't tell them what you can do, show them, and you will be respected, but only if you can do what you would've told them you could".

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

Y'know...I think I no longer care who's right or wrong anymore with this debate. It seems that as long as the Republicans and Democrats keep villifing each other with accusations and counter accusation and the like, nothing is EVER gonna get done in this country. The media seems to think we care...well, as a Floridian, WE DON'T! GO HOME! It'll all be decided one way or the other when the electorial college casts it's vote. Will be it be Gore or Bush who comes out on top? Does it matter? Neither of these men don't have a brain cell between them to do what's right for this country. I'll make a small prediction - in light of this electorial screw up, there will be a MAJOR change how we elect people to office in the very near future. The public at large is just simply TIRED of the Republican and Democrats hammering away at each other. And then we'll see some REAL change. Maybe for the better too.

Quatre.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That'll be the day ...

There was a pie-chart in Newsweek a few weeks back. It was titled, "WHAT AMERICANS WANT THE NEXT PRESIDENT TO SPEND MONEY ON"

And it was broken down like this:

1% - Health Care
1% - Social Security
98% - New Election System

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

HAHAHHAHAHAH!!!!!!

I really liked that.

Quatre.

------------------

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm going to have to paint little angel wings on all the pictures of Republicans I can find...it seems they can do no wrong.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

And certainly no harm either...after all we KNOW that the GOP is Mother, the GOP is Father and we should ALWAYS trust the GOP. *L*

Quatre.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a typical response. When you have nothing constructive to say, vilify your enemies. GODS, how cliche.

So, now we're the Psi Corps?

Might I remind you just WHO has been legislating free speech out of existence, on college campuses and schools and public forums across this country... YOU FOLKS.

Nowadays you can't say anything negative about ANYBODY without being slandered with the label 'racist' or 'homophobe' or 'sexist' or any of a number of easy-stick, hard to remove labels that Liberals are absolutely ADDICTED to bestowing upon people, with NO justification whatsoever.

And once you've succumbed to the label fraud, it's easy to dismiss 'labeled' opponents out of hand, -- similar, in a way, to the ways in which certain populations in German-controlled Europe in the 1930's were 'labeled.'

So that now we have a country in which people are judged NOT by their character and actions, but by the 'opinions' that they profess to hold... very 1984-ish, that. So that we can have a (soon-to-be-ex) president accused of being a serial philanderer and rapist, but who still has the full support of feminist groups.

Thought Nazis.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jordan:

Why do you not respond to the questions asked?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

par-a-noi-a
n.

1. A psychotic disorder characterized by delusions of persecution or grandeur,often strenuously defended with apparent logic and reason.

2. Extreme, irrational distrust of others.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 08, 2000).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Omega, not like you've got the best track record with responding to questions yourself ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 08, 2000).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*Has been persecuted for his beliefs, and is therefore possibly a bit justified in being 'paranoid.'*

naive na*ive \adj (1650) 1: Marked by unaffected simplicity. 2a: deficient in worldly wisdom or informed judgement; esp: CREDULOUS. b: not previously subjected to experimentation or a particular experimental situation 3: PRIMITIVE.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  11  12  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps