Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Time to bow out... (Page 15)

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15   
Author Topic: Time to bow out...
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, yes, persecuted by beliefs ... much as you and Omega are doing at the moment? Well, trying to, at any rate ... hard to tell with all the crying about "ad-hominems" and its proper spelling.

Frankly, I just think its naive to assume the opposition is naive simply because they disagree with your political beliefs.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 7.5 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
Shop Smart -- Shop "S"-Mart

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No I'm arguing, which is different from persecuting, although some of the more ultraliberal people I know (and some of the more Fundie people I know, for that matter) seem to be incapable of making the distinction.

Hey, if I'd had the chance I'd have deleted MY ad-hominem attack just after you deleted yours.. I didn't get that chance, and now it's too late.

No, my definition of 'naive' was in response to your little 'paranoid' crack. It's my opinion that you're not experienced enough to know where the boundary between 'justifiably concerned' and 'paranoid' lies.

'Justifiably concerned' people look at the pattern of incidents between China and the Clinton administration (I sort of doubt Nixon leaked any nuclear secrets to the Chinese military, before you take THAT track again), and deduce that there's at least some reason to believe that there exists some collusion between the current administration and the People's Revolutionary Army.

'Paranoid' people are the ones who think the whole things a 'deal between Gog and MaGog' and one of the signs of the coming apocalypse.

There's a difference.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you gotta admit, with Bob Jones University's theory of "interacial dating" as a liberal plot ... well, that just sorta puts the Republican Party to shame.

I don't think I ever took the track that Nixon gave secrets to the Chinese ... so how could I do so again?

Sometimes the line between "paranoid" and "justifiably concerned" gets very close indeed. I don't mean to push you into one label if you're not, but I get so tired of hearing about the "liberal controlled media" ...

Well, off for a haircut and tire alignment ... ::sigh::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Thank God this fucking election is over.

Hoorah, to His Fraudulency, George Dubya Bush.

Jay, I'm sure you've got more info on this. Didn't the ruling mention "irregularities" in the ballot requests?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 08, 2000).]

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Hoorah, to His Fraudulency, George Dubya Bush."

Why do you believe that Bush did not win the election legitimately?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Why do you believe that he did?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited December 08, 2000).]

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Because in every count, legal and illegal, he recieved more votes.

Why do you not answer my questions?

------------------
"You know, you--you let a wolf save your life, they make you pay and pay and pay..."
- Fraser, "due South"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Omega,

If he recieved more votes, he woulda won the popular vote, now wouldn't he?

And that's the crux of the issue. Okay, Bush won the electorate. The last President to do so without also winning the popular was also labeled "His Fraudulancy" ... it's not a new term, you know.

Why don't YOU answer my questions? Someone wanna compile a list of the questions Omega's been asked and not answered?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
because we'd have to subtract all the times you answered a question with another question?

As in: "What makes you think that he did?"

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Did you skip over Seanr's "Founding Father" thread, First?

Omega answered ALL of my questions with questions, refusing to answer them. Ultra ripped him a nice new asshole for it, too.

Go back over and read it. Yeeesh ...

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Omega
Member # 91

The popular vote is irrelevant in presdidential elections, according to the supreme law of the land, which was instituted by popular vote. According to law instituted by popular vote, Bush, having received more electoral votes, won the presidency, and is therefore a legitimate president.

Which part do you disagree with?

------------------
- Fraser, "due South"

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okey, I think it's time to bring this one to an end.

Primarially, this thread has degraded into personal attacks.

Also, the thread's over 200 posts now. We'll get rid of that limit someday. Damn getuserbynumber...

I'd like to ask for a 24 hour moratorium on posts about the US election and politics in general. Let's calm down just a bit before continuing.

Thankie.

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

This topic comprises 15 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps