Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Mandatory Plant Meeting at 3:15 (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Mandatory Plant Meeting at 3:15
Krenim
Unholy Triangle Fella
Member # 22

- posted      Profile for Krenim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Breathes sigh of relief that it is not he who MsChris is ticked off at*

I can't stand having people angry at me...

Anyway, we're all glad you're here MsChris, so stick around.

------------------
"The only good thing about this film is the edible chocolate roaches they gave out. Mmm, mmm... Wait a minute, edible roaches don't crawl. Edible roaches don't crawl!"

- Jay Sherman, The Critic.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Chris, I won't treat you any different now then I did when you first posted. Since I don't know, and don't care to know.

So, from someone that hasn't a clue about you,

WELCOME TO FLARE

and if worse comes to worse, let the petty asses be petty asses...

------------------
Well, it's done, yes, the deed is done.

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited December 12, 2000).]

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Orion Syndicate said...
It seems to be going around. My dad's just lost his job last week too. He's was working there for 21 years, just got promoted last year after 20 years service and now his company gets sold off.

Good God! I've worked my job for 10 and couldn't imagine starting over.. Much less 21 years. That's terrible!

quote:
They asked him to move to Devon where they're relocating to, but there was no way he could uproot the family, especially with the lack of job security even at the new site.

That's an issue with us too. The lack of willingness to leave our home and families. I couldn't imagine leaving everyone I care about.

quote:
TSN said

So, please, stick around. And, if you really want to keep yourself secreted, you might want to tell your husband to be a little more discreet...

Nah, I know many people here and know the vast majority don't hold grudges against either of us for things that may have happened on other boards.

I really considered using an alternate username when I registered, but overall I prefer people to know who I am beforehand.

Besides, she's not embarrassed about her old username, she just wants to be rid of it and it and the issues left behind.

BTW, you know me from TNO and possibly the old days of SciFi Art.

------------------
DEAverification :P

IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's important for everyone to remember that here, in this Forum, I am and will remain the Supreme Bastard. I don't know what sort of personal demons are being vomited up into this thread, nor do I care.

It seems a few of you are laden with grudges inscrutable to anyone but yourselves. I should probably lock this thread, but that seems rather unfair to the majority of posters here, who are good and decent people and shouldn't be forced out because some of you haven't stumbled across the fact that you are no longer in second grade.

So I trust that now that we've had this lovely little bile party we can move on. Yes?

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

I couldn't agree more.

------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just love insulting Americans. It's a character flaw. And, granted, not a very challenging use of my time given how easy it is.

Yes, I'm afraid it does suck that your plant is closing down, Mrs. Deaver. And I think you'll find that not only is it deeply insensitive that they're doing it just before Crimbo, it's also completely intentional. Catching the workforce off guard and all that sort of thing.

I wish I could suggest some solution. But I can't. What I can promise you is that venting it all in Whiny American Thread #2463 isn't going to help at all. Ohh, I've lost my job, I've crashed my car, my parents don't understand me, I hate living in a democracy because all those morons that make up most of the population voted for someone I don't like, I hate myself and I want to die, on and on and on. . .

I used to do that. One day I decided that instead of writing messages on the internet about it all, I'd go out and do something about it all. Not having much luck on the democracy front, I'll admit, but it's early days yet.

I don't mean to sound mean and callous and cruel, I just am so that's the way it comes out.

Orion: sorry to hear that. Let me know what happens, OK? And if you're down here anytime soon, let's have a pint. You too, Liam.

See? I can be sensitive and sympathetic! Mind you, it helps that I know them both in what you whimsically call "real life," while some people I've seen post here would fail the Turing Test.

In conclusion: life's a bitch, get over it. Alcohol helps. End rant. 8)

------------------
"I do prefer the arse, but you can't dismiss the leg. They're joined at the hip, so to speak."

- Liam Kavanagh

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

Wow. Flare has trolls?

quote:
I used to do that. One day I decided that instead of writing messages on the internet about it all, I'd go out and do something about it all.

For some reason you seem to be under the impression everyone is complaining about loosing there job, and just sitting around sulking on a bulletin board.

When I registered, this appeared to be a discussion board afterall. I see no rules banning ranting and discussing the crappy deal you get in life sometimes.

Whatever your trying to accomplish here, seems futile to me since your obviously not very successful in starting the trouble your looking for.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think that I should point out my enormous trousers at this point. Also, to be fair, it's nowhere near as bad as it was back when it was bad. I forget when. You couldn't move then for drowning in a sea of self-pity.

But on the positive side, look who's improved. Ultra Magnus went from a quiet and shy City Commander, er, poster, to a complete mentalist (a funny mentalist to be sure, but still a mentalist). Jordan seems to have brightened up, and become a lot more self-irrelevent. Which is good. Frank's calmed down a great bit, passing on most of his previous annoying habits onto Omega. And Sol is currently "dead sexy". Apparently.

And I'm at university with attractive women! Yay!

So, to sum up, vegeterians are shit.

------------------
"I am in one of those rare periods of life where I am convinced I am a sexy devil."- Simon "Sol System" Sizer

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Wow. Flare has trolls?

Ya, youbetcha. Though only the high quality ones survive the attacks from the others...

------------------
"Uh, Cody, what has the Mullah of Cappistan been smoking?"
"MILKSHAKES. I HAVE BEEN SMOKING MILKSHAKES!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vogon: Well, one could also say to you, "People w/ crappy lives need to vent about it. Get over it." :-)

Sure, we have trolls. We're working on getting some billy goats gruff, but, for the moment, we're just stuck w/ Charles' sheep.

------------------
"It's like LSD refined into HTML form."
-Simon Sizer, regarding superbad.com, 12-Dec-2000

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FUCK YOU ALL.

Jesus Christ, you'd think anyone actually cares about your IP numbers? I don't know why the fuck everybody continually posts them, but it's fucking pissing me off.

And what the goddamn fuck is the fucking deal with the fucking three fucking stars at the end? Like you're fucking teasing us or something? Look, here's my IP, but, oops, you can never know what it really is.

Fuck. I think we're all just fucking sick and fucking tired of the lame bastards who feel the fucking need to fucking post that lame shit in EVERY SINGLE POST.

Fucking Fucks.

Don't get me fucking started on those goddamn green flowers, either...

------------------
"Karate is a form of martial arts in which people who have had years and years of training can, using only their hands and feet, make some of the worst movies in the history of the world." - Dave Barry

MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LMAO* Ultra Magnus - you are good!

But now, back to problems...
I have this really cute little angel sitting on one shoulder saying..."Chris, you are better than that. Not responding aggravates them more than responding."

But then - on the other shoulder is sitting this little red guy with a pitchfork and horns saying..."Go ahead - Rip 'em a new one. He's worn the other one out."

Angel is winning.

[This message has been edited by MsChris (edited December 13, 2000).]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Enough. I don't need this. Go piss on someone else's pantleg.

------------------
"I finally see that what we thought was a fun way to celebrate our love was really an expression of hostility and disrespect toward Jesus."
--
Bill Metz, in The Onion
Read chapter TWO of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Now with 30% more plot.

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Flare does have trolls and whiners, but not as bad as that other board *spits*
At least here there are a high form of trolls, not those dimwitted types.

Why do we have to drag shit from that board (and others) to this one though? I'm sure we can find enough shit here to bitch about instead of taking it from other boards.

------------------
[6th Sense] I see dumbass people [/6th Sense]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Liam: "Self-irrelevant"?

Quatre.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps