Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Mandatory Plant Meeting at 3:15 (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Mandatory Plant Meeting at 3:15
MsChris
Member # 445

- posted      Profile for MsChris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh - and one more thing. This is rather interesting. Our facility (with more assembly lines than the others) is only $60,000 past due on orders. That is not a signifigant amount - believe it or not. The company our lines are transferring to is $400,000 past due on orders - and this is a significant amount!
If you look at the line to past due ratio:

14 assembly lines - $60,000 past due
compared to:
3 assembly lines - $400,000 past due

Now what is wrong with this picture? Oh and one other clue...the $60,000 past due that my plant is in is because that 'other' plant (the one our lines are going to) has not shipped us the parts we ordered from them!

I am truly trying to help the other plant keep my lines out of past due mode by communicating with them. I'm telling them what parts to get ordered for my lines - so they will have them coming in when my lines get there. I'm really wondering if it's worth it though. I won't give up though. At least I'll be able to walk away feeling good about myself - whether I get anything else out of it or not.

I don't understand why the board members can't see what they are doing! If they would leave the lines here and let us take care of the customers, the opportunities for survival would be great. Give us the other lines - don't take ours. *sigh*

Ah well, time to dust off the seat of my pants and move on. Nothing I can do to change the plans - and I've accepted that. I will move on - but to what?

Reno
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MsChris...what's all this with the angel and the devil?
IP: Logged
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Something to do with a war for the human soul, or somesuch. There was a movie about it.

------------------
I have been floated to this spot this hour
On a series of events
I cannot explain
--
Olivia Tremor Control
Read chapters one and two of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Read, read, read, read, read me now.

DEAvendetta
Ex-Member

quote:
Gaseous Anomaly said...

This is the Flameboard.
That's yer business, and one which you've every right to indulge in.
I'm just ranting over the dragging of politics into everything.

Actually believe it or not, this place isn't bad at all. I was expecting one insult after another seeing the forum name. But if your looking for some knock down drag out political fucking kick in the teeth fights, have a look at the Trek BBS Neutral Zone.

Hey, look! there's Reno.

------------------
This thing that we've made is fat and feeds on the hate of the millions that it's taught to sing its song...
DEAverification :P

[This message has been edited by DEAvendetta (edited December 14, 2000).]

Teelie
Member # 280

- posted      Profile for Teelie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. I noticed, DEA.

------------------

Sacrificing small animals to the paper shredder gods.

Reno
Ex-Member

Don't worry, I'm not here looking for trouble. Just looking for a new place to hang out.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks to me as though MsChris is working for someone who's trying to make a quick profit and getaway by running the company into the ground... maybe to buy it later when its stock plummets?

Some shady dealing going on...

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps