Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Forget U.S. guns, worry about U.K. doctors! (Page 6)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Forget U.S. guns, worry about U.K. doctors!
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Elected?

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, considering the guy that did that didn't win this time, I doubt anyone else would with those tactics, either.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, he didn't win, but got to be President by having some judges on his side. 8)

------------------
Luke Ford: "What's it like having a dick in your ass?"

Zoe: "Imagine taking your bottom lip and pulling it over the top of your head. You get used to it but it does hurt."

Omega
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, the person in question only had the FL supreme court judges on his side. His opponent, however, won by meeting all constitutional requirements.

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Methinks that when all is said and done, if a FL recount DOES go through, IF the pre-election rules are followed, Gore will be found to have lost anyway.

I don't know if we have any people online here from FL, but I've spoken to three Floridians, and they all tell the same story (even the Democrat): Before the election, ads were inserted in newspapers reminding people that hanging, dimpled, and pregnant chads would NOT be counted, so that if they wanted their votes to count, they should be SURE to poke their ballots thoroughly.

They also tell me that at THEIR polling places, everyone who got a ballot also got a similar reminder, that unpunched, dimpled, pregnant, etc. ballots would NOT be counted.

I'm also waiting for the FL folks to invalidate the 300+ democratic votes that were cast by ineligible felons, and the several thousand that were cast by unregistered immigrants.

IMHO, that's the reason talk of an independent recount has died down rather quickly.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QWs from Florida....
I know that here in Michigan when one goes to vote thay have got to have their name on the print out, if it's not there you don't vote. Simply showing a form of ID is not good enough, unless the ID and the list match.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking"

[This message has been edited by Ritten (edited January 10, 2001).]

Omega
Member # 91

Of course. This would be blindingly obvious, if everyone bothered to actually think about it. I seem to recall hearing about some problems with that in LA, but I'm not quite sure where I read that. Anyway, supposedly, the Democrats would bus people around from once precinct to the next, saying, "Hey, I just moved here and I'm not on your roll yet. Can I vote anyway?"

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voter fraud since 1828...it's a good motto don't ya think?

I was asked for my id and checked off a list last time I voted in the Los Angeles area.

Then again, I did see a bus load of homeless people being taken from poll to poll and emptied so they could exchange their vote for a draught of whiskey.

I know it would be silly to ask where that bit of conjecture came from.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You claim there are no lasting negative effects on the environment from mankind? Oh boy. Lets throw a few ideas about shall we?

Plastic & chemical pollutants killing of animals & plants

Overuse of non-renewable natural resources

Air pollution from burning coal & petrolium

Nuclear waste

Now, the above have been backed by a plethora of reputable scientists. I know Rush has some scientist that claims all the others are wrong. But on the up side, if you'd just open your eyes and look about you'd see Rush is wrong.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I was a deer hunter I did a 'mercy' killing on a deer with a plastic ring on it's front left leg, crippling it. So, out in the middle of Michigans deep woods are these plastic rings, and I am wondering from where they came....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking"

Omega
Member # 91

Deer hunters, maybe?

Daryus:

You'll notice I said "far-reaching." Nuclear waste is an extremely localized problem. Far more localized than the air polution in cities. Yeah, there are some small areas where there are problems, but the vast majority of the world is still in good shape. When was the last time you heard of someone in the middle of your Outback getting sick from air pollution?

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On the other hand, when was the last time you heard of someone not getting sick in Los Angeles?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

Omega
Member # 91

Your point being...?

Yes, there are areas with bad air pollution. Yes, there are areas with higher levels of radioactivity than are usually found. But these areas are EXTREMELY SMALL. Thus my statement of their being no far-reaching man-made environmental problem stands.

------------------
-Thomas Jefferson

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, why worry about the enviornment when the problems are so small? Even utilizing that thought, remember that small problems lead to big ones.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 6.83 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux
"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier ... just as long as I'm the dictator." - George "Dubya" Bush, Dec 18, 2000

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pittsburgh used to be the smog capital of the planet, what with all the coal smoke from the steel plants and such. Made LA look like a clear day in Montana.

But they cleaned it up, and it was still clean while the mills were still going.

Pittburgh's clean, and LA doesn't have steel mills... so why is LA still smoggy? It CAN'T have less clear air standard enforcement than Pittsburgh.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps