Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Forget U.S. guns, worry about U.K. doctors! (Page 8)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: Forget U.S. guns, worry about U.K. doctors!
Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, Cuff and "Missing" Link...my favorite conservative twins.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I was surprised that I am a democrat too. I'm on a low income myself, so don't start that junk with me. You seem to miss the fact that via taxes and proper regulation any corporate asswipe who starts to overcharge will get his head kicked in so badly that he won't have a choice but to bend. That's not a bad thing.

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless, of course, it drives the company out of business, destroying hundreds or thousands of jobs. But, hey, we know that the fortunes of those evil corporations don't have any effect on real people, don't we?

------------------
"Still one thing more fellow-citizens--A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, shall leave them otherwise free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government..."
-Thomas Jefferson

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Incredible! Taxes drive companies out of business! Why didn't I think of that? How in the world did our economy survive under the 8-year Clinton administration? Where did Bill Gates get his 34 billion? It must be a miracle of God Almighty, I tell ya.

------------------
"Life end when you die. But imagination share with others, live forever."
--Quan, Final Fantasy IX

Jay the Obscure
Liker Of Jazz
Member # 19

- posted      Profile for Jay the Obscure     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well Ziyal, there are those who have bought lock, stock and smoking barrel into the old Calvin Coolidge idea that the business of America is business. By extension anything that harms the profit margin of business harms America.

Rather a red herring in that it is far too singular and simplistic.

Business talks out of one side of the business face about free market this and free market that. However the other side of the face is asking for, accepting and defending government assistance and corporate welfare while eschewing regulation. That speaks volumes about the hypocracy of the corporate world.

------------------
Oh, yes, sitting. The great leveler. From the mightiest Pharaoh to the lowliest peasant, who doesn't enjoy a good sit?
~C. Montgomery Burns

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited January 16, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, simplicity is thinking that a scarcity of resources can be rendered nonexistant by increasing taxes.

------------------
"Ed Gruberman, you fail to grasp Ty Kwan Leap. Approach me, that you might see." -- The Master

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps