Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Big Ron's America (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Big Ron's America
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, male circumcision has been known to cause later pain, especially if it's botched.

One of those 'boy raised as a girl' cases that have been in the news recently was the result of a botched circumcision.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if they trimmed things down a little too far.... OUCH!!!!

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them....

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I do NOT intend to flame the hole jewish religion, let's nip that one in the bud right there, but I want to know, in a jewish family, is circumsition optional?

Because, the only way I see it, to get a boy to willingly go through with it, if he didn't do it as an infant of course, is to feed him with the sense that he really won't BE a man until they've removed a piece of him. That's what I hear often, the "passing into manhood" thing...

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, a correctly-done male circumcision doesn't cause problems. Whereas, a correctly-done female circumcision... well, I'm not sure there is such a thing...

BTW, for future reference, the clitoris is on the outside, and the G-spot is on the inside. They're not next to each other. :-)

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I think the exact spot can vary a little from girl to girl. They're tricky that way.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're tricky in a lot more ways than that, believe me.

------------------
"My knowledge and experience far exceeds your own, by, oh, about a BILLION times!" -- Q

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently, 50% of hetrosexual girls prefer a circumcised penis, 49% preferer uncircumcised, and 1% don't care.

*cough*

Yay!

------------------
"And Mojo was hurt and I would have kissed his little boo boo but then I realized he was a BAD monkey so I KICKED HIM IN HIS FACE!"
-Bubbles

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited January 26, 2001).]

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uhhhh....
*mustn't run away, mustn't runa away....!*
Nevermind.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as I know circumcision is supposed to make sex less enjoyable by removing pressure sensitive cells on the foreskin.

Circumcision carried out on a baby, male or female, is inexcusable, as the baby has no choice in the matter, and is mutilated because of someone else's beliefs. If, on the other hand, the person decides to have it done later in life (when they have successfully been brainwashed into believing they're holier if they are cut), well, it's their own choice.

Hang on a sec, how did circumcision rear it's ugly head (!) on this thread?

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In some African countries (mostly Muslim), female circumscision is done as a cultral thing. There are some other cases where the labia is sown together as a ways to prefent pre-marital sex and or rape. Either which way, it's pretty hidious for the girl involved.

Now as for male circumsision - well there is a case made for it as it seems that males who are cut have lesser risk of certain types of penile cancer than males who aren't. And in my opinion, well, circumsised penises are, well, more asthethically apealling to me than not.

*ugh*

I'm shutting up now.

------------------
"Omae o korusu..." - Heero Yuy

The Talented Mr. Gurgeh
Member # 318

- posted      Profile for The Talented Mr. Gurgeh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that female circumcision was the sewing together of the labia.

------------------
*Kenshiro gets off bed made from solid stone*
*Bed made from solid stone explodes*
Fist of the North Star

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, during the early colonial times here they would snip the clitoris off the woman, during the time that they thought men would die if they had sex too often.

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, circumcision is, by definition, cutting something off.

------------------
My new year's resolution is the same as last year's: 1024x768.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep in mind that there is a, er, subtler form of "female circumcision" that involves just taking a bit of skin. There are a few different practices that fall under that label.

------------------
I will shout until they know what I mean.
--
Neutral Milk Hotel
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet"! Then, go insane!

Nim
Member # 205

Gurgeh: From "american nationalism" to "ethnic groups" to "wanting to belong to certain controversial groups that pierce", to flat-out circumsition.
I had no problem talking about Herr Ron there, but this is interesting too.

------------------
Here lies a toppled god,
His fall was not a small one.
We did but build his pedestal,
A narrow and a tall one.

-Tleilaxu Epigram

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps