Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The China Fiasco (Page 12)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The China Fiasco
BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1st of 2:

"But hey, fine, I'm easy. As soon as I get in as Dictator, all the other countries can go their own way.
You don't want us around? Fine, have it your way. Don't call us. Ever. For anything. Famine? You're on your own. Military Coup? Screw you guys. Invasion? Sorry."

Of course, we'll still look out for our own interests, but now we won't CARE if we step on your toes while doing it, because HEY, you aren't our friends anyway."

After the communist took over China, I don't think we've ever ask for Americans' help on pretty much anything, if so, it's done on an "volunteer" bases.

One thing good about the communist China is that they show more back-bone then the Chinese nationalist ever could. And when they want to do something, the whole nation will back it 100%. While the American governement and public are still squabbling rather to appologize or not over this incident, the entire China as a whole are already pointing their fingers at the Americans.

"Of course, we'll still look out for our own interests, but now we won't CARE if we step on your toes while doing it, because HEY, you aren't our friends anyway."

Good, look out for your own interest, it's suppose to be that way. But man, if you step on China's toe, they won't stop a missile to "accidently misfired" from one of their plane and "accidently" sunk one of your ship.

After that, the American will probably be royaly pissed off and want to wage war at China. We won't be stupid enough to chanllenge you on sea or some far away places because Chinese reconize your power and have nothing else beside mainland to protect anyway, so you will have to take the fight to us.

In a war, the American can:

1. Blockade China, and hope to starve the Chinese to death.

- Sorry, we're pretty self sufficient, if there's anything we don't have, we'll get it from the Russian. Oil supplies won't be a big problem, since that China has a way better relation with Middle East then the American. We sells technologies to them, and don't ask many questions. American on the other hand, big friend to Isreal, and Middle East do feel threaten by the whole concept of "American assimilation" culturely, and religiously. Blockade us won't help, hell, Chinese had been doing it to themselves before Nickson decide to nock on their doors. Chinese are makings tons of cash from various free enterprise sector, that will be hurt during the blockade, but again, nothing life threatening. Beside, a pure blockade will bring shame to American pride, so it is highly unlikely.

2. limited warfare. By sending couple of Carrier groups into Chinese controlled sea and carry out bombardments by airplane or missiles as a show of force.

- One big problem, Americans can't achieve air superiority with F-14, and F-18. The Chinese will have advantages in both quantity and quality in air. Couple of well position Kh-31 by Su-27, goodbye carrier fleets, goodbye billions of dollars. The "electronics" drawback on Chinese planes won't be a big problem, since that land-based radar will be fully capable on covering that disadvanges

3. Full out land invasion from European stationed force.

- Ha, guess who is on the way, the Russians!

4. Trying to create a strong hold on various countries bordering China, then carry out an land invasion.

- Most countries bordering China either hate the Americans or don't really have anything to do with the American.

5. Carry out massive carpet or stratigic bombing from Japan.

- Again, no air superiority. Stealth airplane you say? Isn't it a year ago, where Chinese figure out a way to detect plane with stealth technologies, and it's all over the news?

6. A full out amphibitious landing on China mainland.

- Ha, good luck with that one, I'm not gonna waste my breath explain why it cannot be done.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mmm, who wrote that book about a Chinese invasion of Russia for the "Northern Resource Zone" or area....
Anyway, looking at the way things are the Russians could go either way in any kind of conflict between the US & China. Any country bordering a another that has over a billion people will always be looking out for their better interests. Today the Russians are pro China, tomorrow when the wind shifts not so pro China, I doubt that they will be anti China till more nations are with them, like the world outcry over students being killed.

What still gets me over the whole thing is:
US Pilot - "Watch, I am going to ram my 400 mph prop plane in to this Mach 2 Chinese fighter...."

He must have come out of the sun.....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Sorry, we're pretty self sufficient, if there's anything we don't have, we'll get it from the Russian."

Which one?

"Ivan! Ivan, get in here! The Chinese are back!"

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sigh~

don't believe that the Chinese are having good relations with the Russian?

look at all the military trade, and we're talking top notch technologies here. The Russian are even considering inviting the Chinese to participate the development of I.42 (MIG equavalent of F-22).

How much more prove do you want?

------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I is for Illyushing or some such, MIG is another company.....
it actually should be Il-XX...

If China is so self-suffcient then why all this back falling on the Russians???

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"don't believe that the Chinese are having good relations with the Russian?"

Actually, I think Simon was referring to the fact that that China would get assistance from the singular Russian. And made a funny joke, too.

That Russian must have one heck of a farm.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

BlueElectron
Member # 281

it is true that Chinese are self-sufficient, but having a second option is always good

------------------

BlueElectron
Member # 281

Sorry for the confusion on the comment about the new MIG fighter.

The project for this specific development is code name the "MFI" " or "Mnogofunktsionalny Frontovoi Istrebitel" (Multifunctional Frontline Fighter)

the prototype is coded as Mig 1.42

------------------

Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Mnogofunktsionalny"

Test pilot? Shaft. John Shaft.

Shut your mouth.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as George Clinton rests his funkalacious hat here on our humble continent, I don't think we have to worry about the threat of foreign funk.

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

Member # 239

What of the Renegades of Funk? Rogue Factions?

And not just any funk. Mnogo Funk.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Ultra Magnus (edited April 14, 2001).]

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>"if the US wants to help so much then how come they establish so many military bases where they help?"

The answer to that is SO simple, it only requires the use of a half-dozen brain cells!

Why isn't there one centralized police department in each city? Why do we have districts and precincts and beat cops? (Or if you like Star Trek, 'Why does the Federation build and maintain Starbases?')

Because it's EASIER and FASTER to get to a trouble spot if you're already CLOSE, you numbskull! The US (and its allies) couldn't have set up "Desert Shield" so quickly if their nearest base had been in Florida, now, could they? Or if the Soviets had attacked West Germany back during the cold war, our having troops ready in New Jersey wouldn't have been nearly as effective as having them in Bonn.

Think for a second before you criticize. Thinking is good.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes! We're gonna help you! Don't mind our starbase in Your territory! It's just there so WE can defend YOU better! Trust the Federation!
Oh, my god, talk about being spoonfed B.S

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, I can't beleive I've actually found all of the "dumb american" stereotypes combined into one person. First of Two, you really are the perfect person for me to set up as an example in front of everyone when I am argiung against American aggressive nationalism, and their near infinite beleif in "the american way"

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Omega would be a better example, IMHO. Fo2 is hardly dumb. He at least (I'm fairly certain) can see the other side's arguement.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps