Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The China Fiasco (Page 11)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The China Fiasco
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if you want to make a big deal out of that, we're ready to kick your sorry asses whenever you're ready

You have a highly overrated opinion of China's military, Blue.

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I?

Chinese have been arming themselves with all the best military technologies from the Russian ever since the fall of the USSR. Not only that they're getting the best equippments, they are also getting the technologies transfers, so they can build it themselves.

The Chinese military are no longer fixated on quantities, now they also have the quality as well.

Mind you, the American probably will have the upper-hand on the European continent or in the heart of Pacific. But in this situation, I'm referring to an American invasion on South China sea, or to attempt an amphibious landing on the mainland. That, I can assure you, the American will be greeted with total annilation.

------------------
What is the difference between a terriorist and your girlfriend?
- With terrorist, there is a chance of negotiation.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um, excuse me, but since when did America need to be able to mount a successful invasion of mainland China and win?

It's one thing to bitch and whine and say you can't defend yourself against everyone. But bitching and whining because you can't attack and beat everyone is, shall we say, a little pathetic?

------------------
"I can be creative when I have a good idea. That just happens way too rarely."
-Omega, April 6

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone has apparently fallen victim to that most famous of classic blunders.

------------------
"Excuse me, Mr. Rampaging Killer? Why don't you put down the gun and take a look at this hand-held monkey? Does it not have clever little forepaws? It eats gum and sap!"
--
L. Fitzgerald Sj�berg
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and something pleasent will happen to you. Possibly involving syrup.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In all fairness to Blue, Omega was talking about sending in the SEALS earlier. That would be an invasion, would it not?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reaching, Jeff, way reaching. You're bringing up a completely seperate topic.

Chinese have been arming themselves with all the best military technologies from the Russian ever since the fall of the USSR.

Oh, my, Russian fighter technology! Oh, and their submarines! What ever will we do?

Russian tech is nothing compared to ours. Of course, the skill of the pilot is far more important, but, hey! Got 'em beat there, too. Their pilots are stupid enough to ram giant planes that're flying in a straight line.

------------------
"Omega is right."
-Jeff Karrde, March 18, 2001 08:47 PM

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, Omega-chops, if anyone was reaching, it was Blue. I was just pointing out WHY he was talking about an invasion. You WERE all gung-ho about sending in the SEALS and bombing the crap out of that plane. Remember? So, really, YOU'RE the one bringing up a completely seperate topic, aren't you? Yeah, boy-o. Think before ya' speak.

Disregard their equipment if you want to, Omega. Lots of Americans will still die. At least I don't have as cavalier an attitude towards it as you do. WAR = BAD. People die, and I doubt we'll handle the Chinese anywhere as near as what happened in Iraq or Kosovo. Remember Vietnam ... ?

And remember the advice from The Princess Bride? "Never get involved in a land war in Asia! Ha-hah-ha-h::croak::"

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
I wouln't say that anyone who has ceased to post every time you rant has "realized that they couldn't win" Omega. It's more like "oh, great he comes Mr. conservative frontal lobotomy boy who only hits one note over and over and over and over..."
-Jay, July 15, 2000

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited April 13, 2001).]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am glad we have an expert on Russian fighter technology to clarify these things for us.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

Well, it's really quite simple. Apparently, if it's not American, [omega speak]it sucks big giant hairy balls.[/omega speak]

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
-Jay, July 15, 2000

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, it's not his fault he was dropped on his head a lot when he was a baby
j/k

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

BlueElectron
Member # 281

- posted      Profile for BlueElectron     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Russian techs inferior to that of the American counterpart? Since when?

Using some vital numarical statistics(1), which you can find from various reliable sources (Jane's information database, etc), The Russian fighters(in this case, Su-27, and MIG-29) are clearly superior to their American peers (F-16, F-15), which is also suported by the German airforce, who operate both MIG-29 and F-16. I believe that the American also have some "friendly exchange" with the Russian on simulated close air combat (dog fight) with F-15 and Su-27, in which the Russian had a landslide victory.

The Americans fighters only have the advantages when it come to out-of-sight combat, in which advance electronics on Americans fighter combined with sophiscated long and middle ranged missle (AIM-120, Phenoix) will help them gain the upper hand indeed. Mind you, Russian missle technologies are just as good, if not better then American air to air missles

As for the navy, it should be known, even for amatuer, the Russian have way superior techs on submarines(2). As for surface vessels, the American are better equiped in term of anti-air defenses (Aegis system on Burke class, and one other class, I forget the name of it), while the Russian have better techs on sea-to-sea missles (one of many example: Kh-31, with range exceed 100km, and a terminal velocity of over Mach 4.5, and specially design to penatrate Aegis defense system).

(1) - by numarical statistics, I meant wing-load (pound /squre inch), net trust, turn radius, continous turn radius, airplane incline angle(Su-27 famous Cobra maneuver, in which F-15 can never performed), payload, range, etc.

(2) - Russian subs are known to go deeper and faster then their counter parts (Alpha, Akula), also, the American still can't build an entire sub with Titanium alloy, like the Alpha or a sub as big as the Typoon. As for stealth, Victory III and Mike are said to be at a same quietness as L.A class sub.

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
>"The Americans always want to butt in on every single other countries affairs after WWII."

And for forty years, they LIKED it that way. After all, you never saw anybody appealing to France or Turkey or KENYA for military/political/economic/humanitarian aid. It was always either us or the UN.. and guess who was the contributor behind the UN?

But hey, fine, I'm easy.
As soon as I get in as Dictator, all the other countries can go their own way.
You don't want us around? Fine, have it your way. Don't call us. Ever. For anything. Famine? You're on your own. Military Coup? Screw you guys. Invasion? Sorry.

Of course, we'll still look out for our own interests, but now we won't CARE if we step on your toes while doing it, because HEY, you aren't our friends anyway.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find it fascinating when people say "we" to refer to their own country. Since when did you become a hive mind?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If America wants to help, it is their choice to do so, but if they are gonna help when help isn't wanted, and then complain that other countries don't appreciate that, they shouldn't help at all. The post by First of Two is typical of the American standpoint, if the US wants to help so much then how come they establish so many military bases where they help? You know what? I think they like to help themselves.
You didn't know that?
Oh, well, don't you feel out of the loop?
I think that you're out of it because you've been spoonfed B.S. by good ol' Uncle Sam.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

BlueElectron
Member # 281

exactly!

------------------

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps