Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fla. Rep in Hot Water for Homophobia (Extremely Flammable!) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Fla. Rep in Hot Water for Homophobia (Extremely Flammable!)
Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
QW is a Yank.....

Teachers, good ones, can help by teaching people out of abhorant behaviors, self or parent taught.

Mental Health works can fix peoples mistakes by helping those that need it, instead of locking away someone for a treatable, drugs or therapy, mental illness.

Infantrymen can help my ridding the world of genocidal maniacs.

Cops can by shooting those that may or may not be fleeing from them..... ahhh, ooopsss, wrong thread....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not about helping goddammit! It's about Joe Blow going outside spreading the message that all gay people should die, and I say we kill Joe Blow!! His parents probably wanted him dead if they gave him a name like that! j/k I got carried away on that one, this hypothetical person Joe Blow, is a very prejudiced man, he doesn't like anyone that's different, and he gives those different from him shit!

Now I am not gay, but I am most certainly different and people have been giving me shit about that my entire life. How do I deal with it? I ridicule their shortcomings, and I disgrace them infront of large groups, which leads to them developing an inferiority complex and scars them for life. I may not be very nice in doing so, but I've been labeled as a loser by the so-called "In-Crowd", and I personally tend to beleive that if the person calling me a loser does not know what five plus two is, he doesn't deserve to get away with that. Joe Blow is a bad man, and he should be kicked in the same place he likes to kick others, because beleive it or not, there is no other way.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which is his version of helping, not that I like it, but his message is his message. I can go around preaching for tolerance and have people react this same way to me.

I can't appreciate what he said, I can appreciate that he is a man of convictions, willing to stand by them, even though it may mean his career is shot.

I also can't throw any stones.

------------------

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I am most certainly different and people have been giving me shit about that my entire life. How do I deal with it? I ridicule their shortcomings, and I disgrace them infront of large group"

Not perhaps a touch hypocritical are we?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

[This message has been edited by PsyLiam (edited April 17, 2001).]

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

The thing about becoming what you hate the most.....

------------------

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't become what I hate most, I fight fire with a lot more fire! Cuz in real life you can't fight fire with water, you'll just end up getting screwed and you'll lose!
If you were to shut up and concede to JeffKardde's arguments, who would win, you or him?
He would win!
THis is why you gotta fight back when someone is being an ass toward you.
And stop taking my words out of context, if you read the rest you'll see i explain that

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you were to shut up and concede to JeffKardde's arguments

So this is why people are having such a hard time accepting that police need to accept responsibility when they use excessive force?

Please reply in the appropriate thread.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Infinity, you are about 99.3865% wrong. You are only dealing with the extreme cases. I deal with peole that lie and attempt to steal my merchandise on a daily basis. Out of 163 customers that were on my records as of today only 1, 0.6135%, needed to have pressure applied to get my money from them. So you, unfortunatly, seem to have a warped sense. I've almost never had to counter like you described, see the 0.6135%.

To me, your way of doing things is to see who has the ability out last the others abuse, of any type.

May you learn.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Cuz in real life you can't fight fire with water, you'll just end up getting screwed and you'll lose!"

That's where the fire department has been going wrong then.

It's not true anyway. Squirtle would destroy Charmander everytime. Why Ash, why? Why get rid of Squirtle? GOD DAMN IT, WHY?

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

MC Infinity
Member # 531

To Jeff, Ritten and Liam:
You know damn well that's not what I meant

Jeff: I did not say there was something wrong with your argument, but I thought I was giving an example to Ritten that he could relate to.

Ritten: That's not what I meant, and it really pains me to see when people choose to forgo the obvious intended meaning, and search for a second one while idiotically beleiving it destroys my argument. It doesn't, so stop pissing me off with that, please!
And oh,my god, what extremem cases are you talking about? go to friggin' high school!! EVERYONE is like that, even some of the nerds, they get themselves off thinking they're cool.

Liam: Yes ash is an idiot, and so are people that don't understand metaphors, take that in any way you wish.

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Well, Infinity, you have me there, I haven't been to highschool since the mid 80s....

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You. Need. Help.

Okay, let's look at this rationally.
(I know, that will be a little difficult for some of us, but try anyway.)

#1. People have the right to think and say whatever they feel to be true. If you disagree with this fact, It is my opinion that you should go and destroy yourself as quickly as possible, because you will end up becoming the very tyrannical oppressive type which you so abhor. We don't need any more of those.

#2. Saying what you think in front of a group of people who are quite obviously going to be opposed to what you are saying is... well, it's not displaying a survival instinct. It's tactless, boorish, and, well, STUPID.

#3. Stupidity is grounds for not re-electing someone. It is not, however, grounds for assault and battery. People who strike at words are, in my opinion, WEAK.

When speaking your mind becomes illegal, then we will have entered the era of the police state.

If a person does not want to be attacked for what they are, and is not willing to put up the fight if they are, then they should not attack others for what THEY are.

Now: on fighting back.
If you choose the path of non-violence, which is the best path to keep yourself out of trouble and alive (because remember, there is ALWAYS someone better), there are three prevailing options, depending upon the situation.

1: Dialogue and Education: TALK to other people about what you think and feel. Have some tact. Be polite. Don't yell or get in their face. LISTEN to THEM. Discuss things. You will find that if you put forth a good enough argument, most individuals will listen to what you have to say. Some of them might even THINK about it. Even YOU might learn something. This is the best way to combat people like an idiot representative. The court of public opinion.

2: Ignore it: This option is good in school, IF there is no real danger of escalation. Listen, most of the people who will give you a problem are morons. Who cares for the opinion of a moron? You shouldn't. I don't. Only if the moron becomes a legitimate threat.

3: Similar to 2. Laugh at it. Nothing devastates a fool like the realization that he's being laughed AT, and not with. For this, it may take slightly more direct measures, and a bit of wit, and a command of the english language. "You, sir, have the intellect of a hamster, and the penis of a rat." "Do the world a favor.. NEVER breed."

For those who choose, or are at last, forced, to use the path of violence, I offer these bits of advice:

Know your enemy. If he is the type who will stay away after a sound thrashing, go to it. If he's the type who'll just get madder and come back later, reconsider. Because you will probably have to kill him. If so, it's better to know that going in than after he retaliates. If you are not willing to do what must be done, do not engage.

There are always consequences to any violent action. You may be witnesed, caught, and punished. You may lose. You may even develop a conscience. If you are not willing to deal with the repurcussions, do not engage.

Wear gloves.

Blood is traceable, even after its washed off.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Infinity,

Thanks for clearing that up ... I was wonderin' if that was just an example, or ... well, right.

I think what Liam means, is ... how to put this? When you fight fire with fire, how much better a person are you?

Be a better person. Don't resort to violence. I've done it, back in my high school days. Doesn't really gain you anything, except some people desiring revenge. ::Shrug::

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

Quatre Winner
Member # 464

- posted      Profile for Quatre Winner         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First hit it right on the head.

This is exactly how we're gonna change the world.

------------------
In this crazy world of lemons, baby...you're lemonade!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

Nice lesson plan First, now if the advice of the lesson is followed...

------------------

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps