Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Fla. Rep in Hot Water for Homophobia (Extremely Flammable!) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Fla. Rep in Hot Water for Homophobia (Extremely Flammable!)
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Number 3 of First of Two's post is EXACTLY what I was talking about. When someone ridicules you, deflect it instantly, bounce an even juicer insult straight back at them. The hamster and rat one was actually quite good, and you should consider using something along those lines.
There is nothing to be gained by pounding a bully, scaring the shit out of one works good though, for some, a pounding WOULD scare them, but for most you need to think of a better idea, or they'll be the one kicking your ass.
The coolest way to scare someone that I've noticed was Shik's Katana story, now if you did THAT to someone, they would crap their pants instantly and never even consider going anywhere near you.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, and then they will shoot you. Way to go.
Weapons don't earn respect, just caution. And when they see you out of that trenchcoat or protruding sheath, BAM.

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell of a story to tell at parties tho. Two thumbs up.

------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True. Doesn't change the fact that it was extremely illegal, not to mention dangerous, and a wee bit stupid.

While I do agree with most of First's points, I have found out that using sub-Blackadder instults at big people tends to produce, in order:

1/ A confused look
2/ A "fuck off"
and then, often:
3/ A slight escalation of bullying.

While saying "you couldn't find your brains if they were 12 foot tall, waving a big sign saying "I am your brains", while singing "Brains, brains, glorious brains" might sound good coming out of the mouth of Rowan Aktinson, it sounds akward and, dare I say it, twattish, if you actually use it in real life.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps true. But its still more civilized than resorting to the Idiot's Dictionary (ie: 4-letter words).

Is that your nose, or did a bus park on your face?

RuPaul called, he wants his clothes back.

My god, I've just been insulted by a man who's so stupid he thinks a quarterback is a refund.

etc.

Another way to avoid having to fight is to cause your opponent to believe you are more dangerous than you actually are (even if you ARE dangerous).

For instance, the rumor circulated that my father patrolled the property at night with a machine gun (a half-truth; my father, being security conscious for good reasons which I won't go in to, did on occasion walk around our farm armed with a shotgun or his pistol. Mostly, he used them on woodchucks and opossums. Sometimes I went with him.

So sometimes people would come up to me at school and ask: "Hey, is it true that you and your dad walk around at night with machine guns?"

To which I would smile, and reply: "Of course not. Machine guns are illegal."

-or-
When I was a kid, we kept cows in our back field, surrounded by an electric fence. My brother and I used to test orselves by touching long blades of grass to the fence, thus giving ourselves light shocks.
In my 10th grade physics class, the class built a hand-cranked dynamo to demonstrate electromagnetism. The teacher allowed each of us to hold onto the dynamo's leads while the others cranked the engine, to see the strength of the current it produced. Guess who 'shocked' the class by holding on longer than anybody else, even the football players? (In fact, I held on longer than they could keep the dynamo going.)

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Nim
Member # 205

Cute.

About the sharp wit, the problem is when people want to fight for other reasons than when they think they hate you.
They usually want to prove themselves to their buddies, to try and regain some self-esteem their dads have successfully beaten out of them, or they simply want to show off. No amount of words will do then...

I practiced Ju-Jutsu during the more dangerous and exposed years of school. The bullies carried that shred of uncertainty with them and it kept me out of trouble most of the time.
Chance had something to do with it as well. I threw away a guy once, with a simple ogoshi-throw, and expected him to get right back up again, slightly less eager to fight. He landed on his left wrist, shattering it. It was more than I aimed for, but he never bothered me again.
I got a reprimand from my Sensei, he was very clear about his students not abusing their knowledge. It took a while before I realized I was the one dealing out the suffering then.

The same stroke of bad luck, and lack of experience, made me almost mutilate an opponent in a Kumite-match. I was aiming for his abdomen with a straight Mae Geri kick, hit both his testicles, inside of his cup, stopping his breathing. We had to stretch him out immediately so he could get some air. It was very embarrassing and I felt so sorry for him.

So for me, showing off or putting too much faith in my abilities has made people see me as a bully.

------------------

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"It's about Joe Blow going outside spreading the message that all gay people should die, and I say we kill Joe Blow!!"

We're allowed to say that we should kill Joe Blow.
We're not allowed to say that we should kill gays.

We're not allowed to be prejudiced.
We're allowed to prejudice prejudice.

"I ridicule their shortcomings, and I disgrace them infront of large groups, which leads to them developing an inferiority complex and scars them for life."

If you're considered worth picking on in the first place, you're probably not important enough in the mind of the agressor to have this much impact on him. I think you overestimate your importance.

Plus, the example of hypocrisy is nice. Seems to be a recurring theme.

"Cuz in real life you can't fight fire with water, you'll just end up getting screwed and you'll lose!"

Lose what?

Lose the chance to be cool? To be the in-crowd? To be so cool, you can pick on other kids? The chance to be yourself?

"Cold shoulders do much more for individuality and character than a quiver full of flaming arrows."
-Jansenn Mirov

"It doesn't, so stop pissing me off with that, please!"

I don't think that was Ritten's intention. It seems you're taking it a little too personally.

"Go to friggin' high school!! EVERYONE is like that, even some of the nerds, they get themselves off thinking they're cool."

Yes. High School is the most dramatic of all situations. And important. And immediate. And inclusive. And unfair. Because life is shit. It doesn't continue past high school. Because High School is the endall/beall of everything. Because it's shit.

Good thing you've got Operation: Lose Virginity before 17. That'll make it less shite.

First: "You. Need. Help."

Nail. Head. Hit.

Once, when I was young I thought Darkstar had problems.
We were soldiers once...and young.

------------------
"Instructed by history and reflection, Julian was persuaded that, if the diseases of the body may sometimes be cured by salutary violence, neither steel nor fire can eradicate the erroneous opinions of the mind."

-Edward Gibbons, The Decline and Fall of The Roman Empire.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, I said this to you in the last thread, what you have been doing to me is the clearest example of verball bullying I have ever seen. I will tell you once again, leave me alone, I will no longer tolerate your abuse!

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
UM's got a right to point out contradictions in your statements. While he cloaks them in satire, his observations are no less valid.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
THAT was the clearest example of verbal bullying you've ever seen?

I do wonder now if the bullies at your school are really that bad, that someone telling you that you are being hypocritical is one of the most damning insults you have ever received.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."

MC Infinity
Member # 531

It's not that he tells it to me, it's that he totally butcheres everything I say to suit his cause, and he does it over and over, and a lot of times he's made it rather personal, and I do not appreciate that.

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which cause is UM's? He's always rather hard to pin down. Erm. With regards to what "cause" he follows, not in a man-train kinda way.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

MC Infinity
Member # 531

Well, whatever argument he's pursuing at the moment. I would also like to thank a lot of other people for being considerate to me and others, this counts for most people with special thanks going to JeffKarde and Nimrod.
ALL:
Do not take offense if you are not listed in the special thanks it is just something I've noticed about two people, others have displayed the same, but I must have missed it or something

------------------

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

With a few exceptions though, UM does not follow a "cause". He mainly posts to offer counter-arguments to something he might disagree with.

------------------

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

ULTRA MAGNUS:

THE MAN BEHIND THE SATIRE

"His biting sarcasm is the stuff of legends on this ship." -- Captain Jean-Luc Picard, Captain's Quarterly

"He is ... illogical." -- Tuvok, Vulcan Review

"Ultra Magnus has demonstrated a remarkable control of the English language ... for a human." -- Lt. Commander Data, Cybernetics Journal

"I will rip him from head to toe and chew on his intestines!" -- Ambassador Worf, Official Communique to the Federation Council

"He's so cooool!" -- Wesley Crusher, Brats Unlimited

"[He is] Ugly Bag of Mostly Water." -- Unidentified Life Form, Science Log Daily

"If he talks about me like that again, he won't have a hand to type with!" -- Colonel Kira Nerys, Official Communique to Starfleet Command.

"I want him to perform here seven nights a week, and twice on Wednesday! I mean, the latinum I would make selling rotten vegetables for the crowds to throw at him alone...!" -- Quark, Ferengi Profit Report

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

[This message has been edited by JeffKardde (edited April 18, 2001).]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps