Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » HAH!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HAH!!
Gaseous Anomaly
Member # 114

- posted      Profile for Gaseous Anomaly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20010504/ts/un_usa_rights_dc.html

A bit of a comeupance for our transatlantic overseers, n'est pas?

------------------
At that point, McDonald fired his gun three times in the air to emphasize his point. The crowd, estimated at 350,000, loudly cheered the new candidate.

"Let me make this clear: I am the law! I am your ruler! And you will have fries with that, motherf*cker!"

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pettiness, pure and simple.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is a Petty Officer supposed to be petty? 'Cuz Miles O'Brien was a Chief Petty Officer, but he didn't seem to be as petty as you might think being a Chief Petty Officer required.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the prevalent theory is that he was actually a senior chief petty officer. Even worse. :-)

So, the Soviets were on the human rights commission while Stalin was in charge? There's irony for you...

"...which assigns investigators to probe abuses around the world."

You don't even want to know how I misread that. Actually, come to think of it, it would have been an easy typo to make. The 'n' is right next to the 'b'...

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
France, Austria, Sweden, Sudan, Bahrain, South Korea, Pakistan, Croatia, Armenia, Chile, Mexico, Sierra Leone, Togo and Uganda.
France --- ok, I see how that works
Austria ----- same thing, logical choice
Sweden ------ same
Sudan ----- ??? Not even gonna ask how this happened
Bahrain ------ Never heard of this country in my life
South Korea ----- Okay, this makes sense too
Pakistan ------- ???? aren't these the nuke problem people?
Croatia -------- Makes sense
Armenia ------ Heard of it, but only once or twice
Chile -------- not as bad a choice as some others
Mexico -------- I think a lot of world leaders got a brand new Passat
Sierra Leone ------- That's a country?
Togo ------ Never, ever, ever heard of it, thought it was food
Uganda ------- Wasn't this another one of those countries that can't fend for their own people much less butt into other's business?

I really dislike the US, but even I think that they should have been in here ahead of many, many others, this is just shamefull.

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a regional quota on the committees, IIRC. If it was just the 20 most highly-regarded members when it came human rights, the committee would have nothing but Western states on it, which would then give it basically no credibility when it comes to dealing with abuses of human rights in non-western nations.

But I can't see why the Americans are up in arms about it. You miss out on a couple of years after having it for 53. Big deal. The Americans love sitting on committees, but when it comes to the actual nuts and bolts of the UN they stick their thumbs up their asses and complain. Need I bring up the fact that the US refused to pay its UN dues for how many years and waited till the organization went almost broke before strongarming the UN into accepting new conditions where it paid substantially less into the budget than it had been meant to? Or the fact that despite having the most powerful military on Earth, the US contributes fewer peacekeepers than wimpy little Canada and a half-dozen other members?

Fair is fair. If you don't put your fair share into the UN, don't expect involvement on every committee.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Burkina Faso? Disputed Zone? Who called all these weird places?"

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bahrain ------ Never heard of this country in my life

Just because you've never heard of it, that doesn't make it invalid. It's an island in the Persian Gulf, near Qatar. That's near the United Arab Emirates. Which is next to Oman.

You've probably never heard of any of those, have you?

Armenia ------ Heard of it, but only once or twice

Remember that whole Kosovo problem? There was a lot of talk about Armenia then.

And Mother Teresa was from Armenia.

Togo ------ Never, ever, ever heard of it, thought it was food

It's a long, skinny country on the west coast of Africa. It's bordered by Ghana, Benin, and Burkina Faso.

------------------
"Although, from what I understand, having travelled around the Mid-west quite a bit, apparently Jesus is coming, so I guess the choice now is we should decide whether we should spit or swallow."
-Maynard James Keenan

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wimpy? Little? Canada?
I am gonna ram THE biggest hockey stick up your american ass!
The Arrow was the best fighter ever, but instead we f*d up and got your stupid missiles.
We are the SECOND largest landmass, you are the FOURTH!
And we KICK YOUR ASS at hockey!!

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hockey = sucks

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, my, Canada has more ice than we do. I bow before their emminent superiority.

------------------
"How do you define fool?"
"I don't attempt it. I wait for demonstrations. They inevitably surpass my imagination."
- CJ Cherryh, Invader

Curry Monster
Somewhere in Australia
Member # 12

- posted      Profile for Curry Monster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, they're a tad more civilised too. But don't strain yourself

------------------
Re: Russia in WWII

"Hey, we butchered Poles! Thats OK."
- DT.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um, infinity

*looks at the ground below him*

Looks pretty Canadian to me.

Je suis ici.

And I've seen the world's largest hockey stick, FWIW. Duncan, BC. Not the sort of thing one would want up one's ass.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

[This message has been edited by The_Tom (edited May 06, 2001).]

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

KLINGONS RULE!!! DIE FEDERATION BASTARDS!!!!

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Average Rated 8.32 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux (with seven eps posted)
"Oh, yes, screw logic, let's go for a theory with no evidence!"
-Omega 11:48am, Jan. 19th, 2001
Card-Carrying Member of the Flare APAO
"I think this reason why girls don't do well on multiple choice tests goes all the way back to the Bible, all the way back to Genesis, Adam and Eve. God said, 'All right, Eve, multiple choice or multiple orgasms, what's it going to be?' We all know what was chosen" - Rush Limbaugh, Feb. 23, 1994.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"The Arrow was the best fighter ever, but instead we f*d up and got your stupid missiles."

Now I must object here. Have we gotten so PC that we now have to censor harmless words like "fed" incase they offend fat people? This is an outrage. Mud the far cus.

------------------
You know, when Comedy Central asked us to do a Thanksgiving episode, the first thought that went through my mind was, "Boy, I'd like to have sex with Jennifer Aniston."
-Trey Parker, co-creator of South Park

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps