Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » HAH!! (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: HAH!!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nimrod, the word you're looking for is dissolve. The Senate needs absolution all right, but not as much as the Supreme Court for the sin they committed in November and December.

Clarification: The US stopped paying its dues years ago, demanding that the US's share of the UN budget (roughly corresponding to the size of the nation's GDP) be cut down. The UN conceded a year or two ago, the US started paying back all its accumulated debts again at the reduced rate. The House voted to freeze paybacks the other week in retaliation for not being elected to the committee.

------------------
"And as it is, it is cheaper than drinking."
-DT on arguing with Omega, April 30

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, time to put on the rubber band on my wrist again. *snap* AARGH!

------------------
Don't kill me, I'm charming!

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, this is a fine....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...cup of tea. Yep.

------------------

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well I say kick them out of the UN altogether and get the whole world to shun them forever....

------------------
"Well if it's gonna be that kind of a party, I'm putting my dick in the mashed potatoes!"

-Nimrod 16/4/2001

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sarcasm?

------------------
OH NO< THE OLD MAN WALKS HIS GREEN DOG THAT SHOTS PINBALLS!~!!!
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, a good lesson.

------------------
"Fuck L Ron Hubbard and fuck all his clones.
Fuck all those gun-toting
hip gangster wannabes."
-Tool, Ænima

---
Titan Fleet Yards - Harry Doddema's Star Trek Site

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In sarcasm?

------------------
--
Jeff K
Read three (three!) chapters of "Dirk Tungsten in...The Disappearing Planet" and nothing at all will happen.

Nim
Member # 205

Forever being kind of a, um, big word...

------------------

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great idea.

By the way, we'd like all the capital for the Marshall Plan back now.

And that money we spent keeping up your side of the Iron Curtain.

And the 12 billion per year we hand out to various nations in aid, retroactive, of course, to the time we started paying it out.

And the (invested per year) 195 million in the Asian Development bank, the 83 million in the Inter-American development bank, the 1 billion in the International development Association, the 49 million in the bank for Reconstruction and Development, the 94 million for the African Development Fund, the 23 million in the Enterprise for the Americas Investment fund...etc, etc...

And we'll be keeping our wheat and medical research for ourselves, thanks. When the Bear comes calling, you can give him YOUR bread.

------------------
The government that seems the most unwise, oft goodness to the people best supplies. That which is meddling, touching everything, will work but ill, and disappointment bring. - The Tao Te Ching

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Marshall Plan may have benefited other nations but it was created for completely self-serving purposes. You wanted to help countries so they wouldn't turn commie, not because you actually cared.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Not to mention to avoid creating post WWI conditions all over again.

But so what?

------------------
--
Jeff K

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's so wonderful to be insulted....

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does everybody like my new status line?

------------------
Access Password
47at
http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/9268/index.html

MC Infinity
Member # 531

I love it! Now I know who to pick on whenever I'm having a bad day.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps