Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » The Political Compass (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: The Political Compass
MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
"'Children should be seen and not heard'

"This question asks you if you agree whether or not Children should have a voice in matters."

I don't think so. The question started w/ something like "when adults are entertaining". In other words, when a kid's parents are having a party, or something, should they dress the kid up and present him/her/it to all their friends, but the kid has to sit there and be quiet while the adults have their fun.

At least, that's the way I understood it...

Dude, that's why you never go to any so called parties that have adults present. No offense to anyone, but it's as though people have their brain sucked out at age 18, cuz all the adults I know have no idea what they're talking about, and usually just go on about how great they are at everything while always disregarding any suggestion coming from a minor regardless of how good it may be.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!
Me- Jen.... Where'd you go.... I love you... please come back.... please....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"...it's as though people have their brain sucked out at age 18, cuz all the adults I know have no idea what they're talking about, and usually just go on about how great they are at everything while always disregarding any suggestion coming from a minor regardless of how good it may be."

What are you, fifteen, or so? "[A]ll the adults [you] know" are probably just about limited to your parents and teachers. Of course you'd say that.

Jubilee
...complete with cherries!
Member # 99

- posted      Profile for Jubilee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took it last night, but I don't remember the score.... All I remember was that I was more left than Charles. *LOL*... I was right about where Ghandi was, I think.

I don't wanna take it again. It was a pain in the arse.

--------------------
'Your spirit will always be the light that guides me... that guides me forever...' - Whispers

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to nick the same quote that Tim did, but...

"...it's as though people have their brain sucked out at age 18, cuz all the adults I know have no idea what they're talking about..."

And that opinion will last until, roughly, you're 18 years and one minute old.

"...and usually just go on about how great they are at everything while always disregarding any suggestion coming from a minor regardless of how good it may be."

And children always think that they know everything, and ignore the fact that, in almost all cases, the adult has been there, done that, and bought the overpriced t-shirt.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The results are in!

Economic Left/Right: -2.04
Authoritarian/Libertarian: -5.29

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

MC Infinity
Member # 531

- posted      Profile for MC Infinity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PsyLiam:
And children always think that they know everything, and ignore the fact that, in almost all cases, the adult has been there, done that, and bought the overpriced t-shirt.

I've had a person go on about how I should preserve his files while his hard drive's read light had collided with his disk and saying that I'm an incompetent idiot because I can't do it, without realising that it is a technical impossibility for a large company with lots of resources and a real impossibility for a small company operating out of a basement and run by me.

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Jen- You again??!?! Listen kid, I'm not interested in you. Stop bothering me, I'm a lot older than you and I have a boyfriend. How did you find my ICQ number anyways?
Me- Oh, so just cuz you're a movie star now, and you're new album made millions, you think you're too good for me?
Jen- Yes!!! Get it thorough your head! I am a person, I am not Jennifer Lopez the hottest woman on earth that everyone wants to sleep with, I'm a person, leave me alone!!!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, well, that's the most relevant example ever.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"I've had a person go on about how I should preserve his files while his hard drive's read light had collided with his disk..."

Um... Did that make sense to anyone...?

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oldthinkers type newspeak.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless you're Scotty, what's the difference between a tecnical impossibility and a real impossibilty?

And Infinity, not having a go, but how old are you? You're running a small company, but you're saying that adults ignore children, which is (to be fair), a point of view mainly held by children.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL Shik! But perhaps InFINiTy's statement is more metaphorical? I've met (and, alas, dated) more than a few people who were trying to backup their corrupted data to me. I always suspected they had something scraping up their platters. A loose read/write light would seem all too obvious a choice.

--------------------
"Nah. The 9th chevron is for changing the ringtone from "grindy-grindy chonk-chonk" to the theme tune to dallas." -Reverend42

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

If it is, then I think we have a winner in the "Worst Metaphour Ever 2001" catagory.

--------------------

MC Infinity
Member # 531

Or in your case worst spelling of metaphor

--------------------
Me- Hi Jen! What's up!
Me- Fine! Be that way!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Hey, if you spent all your time reading a horribly corrupt version of English, you'd overcompensate too.

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Personally, I would refuse to take ANY form of lingual advice--cunning or otherwise--from anyone who deems Tupac Shakur worthy of sigline stature.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps