Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york (Page 9)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: 2 planes just hit the world trade center in new york
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They are painting big targets on the side of each ship

but seriously New York will need all the help it can get right now

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one knows anything about that one. Whatever happened, they're not saying.

The plane that crashed outside of Pittsburgh was the one that was headed for Camp David.

We've closed the Canadian border. Nothing gets in or out of this country except by sea now.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is on any given day at least one battle group positioned in the Persian Gulf. So there is already someone out there.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
now some mid eastern guy in shades said these attacks were direct results of the US involving itself in Israel.

--------------------
"I'm nigh-invulnerable when I'm blasting!"
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, no kidding.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe we should break the Prime Directive of not interfering with their silly religious squabble, invade the whole middle east and slap them silly until they start not being such assholes

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Nim
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Never thought I'd say this, but the 'allies' should really kick some fucking Middle East ass now. Especially those Taliban folk.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Nim
Member # 205

So now it's about 2pm in New York and 11am in DC?

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CNN has Henry Kissinger on the phone & Chris Dodd in the studio. When they pull in Chris & Henry....yeah.

My roommate is convinced this isn't Islamic terrorists. She thinks it's homegrown crazies....but I think she's wrong.

The towers...are GONE. That's hard for me to parse. If the towers hadn't been collapsed--by a 3rd explosion a la "Fight Club;" there's no way that the plane strikes up top would've structurally damaged the towers enough to collapse--then the shock wouldn't have been as much. Couple that with the coordinative efforts....

CNN is now showing flight plans of the flights. The Boston-LA one that struck first turned southward sharply just north of Troy & Albany.

Nimster: NYC & DC are in the same timezone.

There will be no more attacks today. The effect has been acheived, the giant has been woken up in pain.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: Shik ]

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if the top structures began to collapse on the lower floors. .. oh, hell, I dunno.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I personally believe the towers collapsed because when the top's starting coming down, the weight was just like a pile-driver, and it just shed away from the top down. The bottoms of the towers are in fact still intact, the first 10 - 15 floords actually.

And it's 2pm in both DC and NYC.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Nim
Member # 205

Yeah, I started responding as well, but it really doesn't matter, since it's already confirmed to be premeditated.

[ September 11, 2001: Message edited by: G.K Nimrod ]

--------------------
Mel Gibson, X-Men

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The top parts of the towers have collapsed due to structural failure. The force of the collapsing top portion would be enough to collapse the entire tower.

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK, so we've got about 260 dead on the liners alone.

CNN reports that a passenger on the PA flight was locked in the john on a cellphone calling "airline 911" & shouted "We're being hijacked!" over & over & stayed on the line until a boom.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps