Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Weird American Politics (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weird American Politics
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must say you guys have some of the strangest elections in the world.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A41302-2002Jun12.html

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's OK almost nobody actually votes in them anyway.

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*buries head in hands*

what a sad dismissal

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How is this weird again?
Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't think it is weird that the dem. are using the rep. president in their campaign ads?

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dems are crackheads who try to fit in but are actually crackheads who operated hippie-mobiles and hippie-functions in the mid 80's.
IP: Logged
capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
im not a Flameboard regular, so I'll let them handle what you just posted there, but I've got to say..

WTF?!

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Whores, the lot.

I told you.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've got our own forum crackhead, too.
The BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

Long Live Processed Meat By-Products!!!

Sorry. I couldn't resist.

IP: Logged
capped
Member # 709

no.. longer.. funny..
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, not being in power, I suppose they're hardly in a position to start a war to get themselves re-elected. Although some of Carter's antics in Cuba. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, (American) Politic are wierd, they are kind of strange even....

But, if it works, great, if not, great....

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, I don't really find it strange at all. Politics is about a lot of stuff, but mostly popularity. Be with who is popular. Do that which is popular. (And, in a representative democracy, that's sort of the whole idea.) If I'm the Democratic Representative of East Havershum, and my constituents happen to really like President Bush, then of course I'm going to really like him too. And not to sound overly naive, but in order to escape being overly cynical, I'll point out that part of the job of being a representative is representing the people who elected you, and those people, the polls would seem to agree, are in favor of our current president.
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Talking about weird American politics, that nice big country over the sea now has the self-appointed right to attack the Netherlands, if any American ever gets into that new international court. Yay. I'm watching out for SEALs in my backyard.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps