Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Weird American Politics (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Weird American Politics
DT
Member # 80

- posted      Profile for DT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I'm not sure if I'm being mocked with that Saudi Arabia comment or not, let me add that my "We got farther than England in 98" thing is not part of my actual footbal analysis, just a chance to take a shot at my English colleagues and bring up memories of David Beckham's Red Card. Good times!

In all honestly, I'm actually rooting quite hard for England in the World Cup and scheduled my entire day around the England/Argentina game. I've got nothing against England and hope like hell they win the World Cup (since I know we've got no chance) but I just want to see the US club get some respect. If you're gonna be anti-American, there's more than enough pathways for that. Like the fact that we spawned Omega.

--------------------
"Don't leave the ladies crying cause the story's sad" Joe Walsh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeepers. All that from one little throwaway "It was probably fixed" gag. Still taking life just a little tiny bit too seriously, I see, Daniel.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the Alamo.. now I remember. .that building was called tha Alamo.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Remember the what???
Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it was a Bowie concert in Texas or New Mexico or somewhere, where he wore a raccoon-skin cap on his head? Might have been in 1992 because I vaguely remember a reference to one of Columbus's ships, the Santa Anna.

--------------------

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As long as you don't take my little China girl, I don't care....
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Idiots! That's where Pee-Wee Herman's bicycle is! It's in the basement!

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it does make you feel any better Danny, most of the people I know have stated that their respect for the US team has gone up considerably. Not that it was that high to begin with, but still...

Saying that someone didn't deserve to win a match is often sour grapes, but it is true that in football you can outplay someone and still lose. Look at the Ireland-Spain match.

I wouldn't mind seeing the US beat Germany, although if they lose, the chance of an England-Germany final becomes much greater, and that thought makes me giddy.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Lee
Member # 393

Meanwhile, the Korean midfielder who scored the Golden Goal in extra time that enabled them to beat Italy, has been fired by his Italian club Perugia, for ruining Italy's World Cup.

--------------------

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well, as everyone knows by now, england was beaten by Ronaldo and Rivaldo and Ronaldinho and...what the fuck is up with all these similar names in Brazilian soccer? jebus, the Cincinnati Reds starting lineup doesn't start with Smith, Smythe and Smithers.

[ June 21, 2002, 01:49: Message edited by: EdipisReks ]

IP: Logged
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now we're out:
GO USA!!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

GO US!!!! down with the Hun...er...Krauts...um...valued members of the UN, NATO, and the military alliance to stop terrorism!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah; show Fritz what you're made of!!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

EdipisReks
Ex-Member

hopefully its not sugar and spice and everything nice. and whatever it is, hopefully it has an accidental infusion of CHEMICAL X.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

...and now the Americans are out.

Go Senegal!!!!

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps