Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » Noooo, nooooooo, NOOOO!! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Noooo, nooooooo, NOOOO!!
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RETARDS!!!!

Obesity Cited In Fast Food Suit
.c The Associated Press

NEW YORK (July 26) - A man sued four leading fast food chains, claiming he became obese and suffered from other serious health problems from eating their fatty cuisine.

Caesar Barber, 56, filed a lawsuit Wednesday in Bronx Supreme Court, naming McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King and Kentucky Fried Chicken.

``They said `100 percent beef.' I thought that meant it was good for you,'' Barber told Newsday. ``I thought the food was OK.''

``Those people in the advertisements don't really tell you what's in the food,'' he said. ``It's all fat, fat and more fat. Now I'm obese.''

Barber, a 5-foot-10 maintenance worker who weighs 272 pounds, had heart attacks in 1996 and 1999 and has diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol. He said he ate fast food for decades, believing it was good for him until his doctor cautioned him otherwise.

``The fast food industry has wrecked my life,'' Barber told the New York Post.

Barber said there is no history of heart disease or diabetes in his family. He said he started eating fast food in the 1950s because it was cheap and efficient.

His lawyer, Samuel Hirsch, said the restaurants should list ingredients on their menus.

``There is direct deception when someone omits telling people food digested is detrimental to their health,'' Hirsch said.

The four chains have been providing nutritional information, including carlorie and fat content, of their meals for many years.

Steven Anderson, chief executive and president of the National Restaurant Association, called Barbers claim ``senseless and baseless.''

``Obviously the lawsuit is a blatant attempt to capitalize on the recent publicity and news stories on the growing rates of obesity,'' he said.

07/26/02 12:11 EDT

Copyright 2002 The Associated Press. The information contained in the AP news report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or otherwise distributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press. All active hyperlinks have been inserted by AOL.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

BWC
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
No comment, this is so insulting to my intelligence.
IP: Logged
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
``There is direct deception when someone omits telling people food digested is detrimental to their health,'' Hirsch said.

AND

''The four chains have been providing nutritional information, including carlorie and fat content, of their meals for many years.''

Seems to me to imply that they won't win anyway.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thats odd, I can't quite place my finger on it...but I thought an online review said something like this was a bad Fat Bastard gag from the new Austin Powers movie.

Odd that.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You Americans always manage to put a big smile on my face.

Personal responsibility. Contributory negligence. Deductive reasoning. Concepts this fellow seems to be unfamiliar with. Or he's possibly less intelligent than a pig's rear end.

It's madness I tell ya.

Prismatic EdipisReks
Ex-Member

if internment camps do crop up in this country, they shouldn't be for those of arab descent. they should be for dipshits like Caesar "i'm too stupid not to stuff my fucking cornhole with shit day in and day out" Barber.
First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that I told everybody that something like this would eventually happen.

I can't find the thread it was in, but I know I did.

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eaaaaaaaagh!
BWC
Ex-Member

the "fuck"?
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, BWC, don't use that. It's not coming funny from you. It makes me want to beat you senseless with a plastic spoon.
BWC
Ex-Member

Ever consider its not supposed to be funny?

Now plastic spoons, I got some during the drought of 86, and I tell ya what, they are a peice of crap. Noe sporks, on the other hand, will be the eating utensil, along with the cleaver and tenderizing mallet, of the next century after this one...

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

I consider that you're not now, nor have you even been, funny.

Fine, fine. I'll beat you to death with a plastic spork. Happy now?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

BWC
Ex-Member

No, no, you have it all wrong !!!
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Obviously fast food outlets in the US need large signs outside with "It is not obligatory to eat this food" on them.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, some brain-deficient jury awarded $2 million to a woman who spilled coffee that she "didn't know was hot." Years later, every fast-food joint in the country has big warnings on their cups that say "WARNING! Contents may be hot!" Unfortunately, I think that history is going to repeat itself here somehow.

For as long as I can remember, every fast food restaurant that I've gone to has had a big poster with nutritional (ha!) information posted right next to the counter. After a customer receives his or her order, they have to walk right past that poster in order to go sit down or walk out the door. It's literally impossible to miss it. (Unless you're a complete fucking moron, of course...)

I really wish there was a law against stupidity, or something. Then we could lock morons like these up where they can't bother the rest of us.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps