Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » The Flameboard » post your desktop! (Page 3)

This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   
Author Topic: post your desktop!
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ill tell you what any one thing is if you ask, but i didnt have time to go annotated.. i mean look at it for chrissake!

I never clean it.. actually, i desperately need a new hard drive and a reinstall of windows, which is growing buggy because of the limited space i give it to work in. i also have another 128 mb RAM in the mail.. i just need a day off where i can install it. my grandmother has pretty much ruled out the idea of me having more than three or four hours to myself without getting some bullshit lecture about the fact that i might finish school a semester earlier if i go get my oil changed today rather than waiting for my appointment next week, or that i need to visit my father instead of photoshopping paint effects onto old photographs of Star Trek cast members. obviously no grasp of reality there. i need to move.

for a brief time, the area around Blazblorg's feet was graced by a photo of Leanne.. or Jen.. or Asia.. i dont have a good picture of Michelle, and i still talk to Asia (and like Leanne for that matter, and am tempted by Jen [but not Jenn]) so ive decided that thats just a little to complicated.

and my hard drive is a lot fuller than the placard suggests.. thats a very old graphic.

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bow before the splendor that is MAC OS X!

You'll also notice that I keep a very tidy desktop... [Wink]

[ July 09, 2002, 10:00: Message edited by: MinutiaeMan ]

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Charles Capps
We appreciate your concern.
It is noted and stupid.
Member # 9

- posted      Profile for Charles Capps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's a good reason that image/x-png isn't allowed... that's not the real MIME type. The real MIME type is image/png. Whatever you've installed on your system that thinks /x-png is valid needs to get a refresher course...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wonderful. So everyone makes sure they have all their cool programs on show, with Winamp (never Windows Media Player, because that's just not cool) open and playing a totally happening track (as opposed to the Britney Spears that constitutes your normal listening fodder). Add a cool image that you'd never actually have on your desktop because you'd get bored with it, and voila. I bet not one single person here didn't make at least one cosmetic alteration before hitting the Print Screen key.

I might be putting mine up later just as soon as I remove the naked picture of my wife. And if you believe that I have a naked picture of my wife on my desktop, you'll believe anything.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

I might be putting mine up later just as soon as I remove the naked picture of my wife.

Making a cosmetic alteration, hmm?
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I put my mouse over my taskbar and hit the Print Screen button. [Razz]

I was surprised that someone is using the same XP skin as I...! Nifty.

Another thing to all you XP users: How do you get the transparent menus and windows? I used to know how to do that, but I've since forgotten...

And I usually keep a pretty tidy desktop. I'm angry at myself for letting the icons go past one column... [Mad]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I took a picture of my desktop, but since .JPG files appear to not really be JPEG files (god only knows what the hell Charles is talking about... [Roll Eyes] ), I can't upload it. The only cosmetic change I did to it was opening Media Player (HA! DEATH TO WINAMP!) and playing a song. Unfortunatly, it tends to cover up my beautiful background image of the #9 Team ABT Red Bull-Sony Audi TT-R (1024x768) from the Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters (DTM) series. I also would have keps all my usual icons on my desktop, including internet and e-mail programs, DVD programs, Morpheus, AIM, mIRC, PalTalk, NetMeeting, and my small handful of games. And you would have seen my normal Windows XP theme with the silver color choice.

Oh, and how do you like GTA3, Cartman?

[ July 09, 2002, 11:43: Message edited by: The359 ]

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only "cosmetic alteration" I made before hitting the print screen key was minimizing the browser window, so it wasn't covering everything up. I really do have Trillian (or, until a couple weeks ago, ICQ and AIM) always open on the right side, Winamp almost always open and playing at the top, and no icons on the desktop. And I've had the same image on my desktop ever since I created it, which, according to the last modified date on the file, was 15. Feb.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Contrary to Vogon Poet's commentary, I guarantee that my desktop does indeed look like the image that I posted. And, yes, I really was listening to classical music at the time. And, yes, I do listen to Britney Spears on ocassion.

Charles, I'm still having problems with uploading .png files. It keeps giving me the same "cannot process MIME image/x-png" error that BWC's getting. I've gone into file types and reset the MIME type, but it's still doing it. Got any suggestions?

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Topher: you need this and/or this utility.

The359: a lot [Smile]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made absolutely no "cosmetic alterations" to my desktop before taking the screenshot, aside from hiding all of the windows. My desktop really IS naturally that clean. [Wink]

Oh, and I never get bored with my background image, because it's automatically changed every time I start up. Ahhh, the wonders of Mac!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With several supernatural entities as my witness(es), I declare that that background image is the one I grabbed within a few months of arriving at college (after the thrill of being able to have real naked ladies on my very own computer screen!!! wore off) and has not changed, though I've thought about changing it. I use Winamp instead of Media Player because Media Player crashes EVERY TIME IT OPENS, which to me is nonoptimal. That particular computer is used mostly to play music these days, as I'm too lazy to hook up my stereo, and while I admit to purposefully selecting that particular song at the same time I went to make the image, I sincerely doubt anyone is going to be more or less impressed/wowed by anything on my playlist. If, however, you really want to know, I was listening to TMBG moments before.
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and Andrew, that is a drawing by Escher (or so it claimed to be), good eye. Only I no longer remember what the name of it is.
Edipissed Wrecks
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey, i was really listening to Ute Lemper [Frown] . Ute Lemper is one blonde who doesn't have to fake-ify her body or her music, unlike ms Spears. but ok, whatever. hey, look at this! [Eek!] [Roll Eyes]
IP: Logged
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As said in one of my favorite webcomics: "Fox News gives me the hives."

quote:
"Vegetarians don't live longer, they just look older," said South Dakota cattle rancher Jody Brown. "If animals weren't meant to be eaten, then why are they made out of meat?"
Someone stole my joke. I am ticked off now.
  This topic comprises 19 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  ...  17  18  19   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps