Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » What should the next series concept be? (Page 11)

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   
Author Topic: What should the next series concept be?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, outside the galaxy, that's your answer for everything. Where did these space potatoes with a thing for Halloween come from? Outside the galaxy. How about this enormous amoeba, or these flying telepathic fried eggs, or this crazy old man and his banjo? I say everything outside the galaxy can just stay put, because it is clearly a freak convention out there.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
According to Peter David's TNG novel Vendetta, a second, uglier, older brother to the planet killer in the TOS episode "The Doomsday Machine" came from... OUTSIDE THE GALAXY!

dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuun...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Except fot the description of the Borg and the PK itself, Vendetta sucked horribly.

Two excepsior class ships can forcibly drag a Borg Cube with tractor beams?

Starfleet allows a captain so obsessed with showing-up Picard that he fires on the Enterprise?

Then, Peter David has that character (in another book) in command of an Ambassador class ship?!?

Man, that book has serious fanboy-issues.
I did like it a lot when I was in Jr High though.

quote:
Originally posted by Siegfried:
Good catch, my good captain. We haven't heard from the Kelvans in a while.

Fuck the Kelvans.

I want to see the Hurq (as depicted in ST:Invasion).

They could set the eries around the Hurq returning and wiping out the Klingon Empire...could be some fun there (particularly for the Romulans!).

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You forgot that it also included Commander Shelby and Doctor Pulaski. Fanboy issues, indeed.
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Member # 1490

- posted      Profile for Grand Admiral Thrawn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Debrune would be a good candidate race to return to Trek, an offshoot of the Romulans that dissapeared.

--------------------
The disappearance of Donald Love

HerbShrump
Member # 1230

- posted      Profile for HerbShrump     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't want t meet the fanboy who has a thing for Dr. Pulaski.
WizArtist II
"How can you have a yellow alert in Spacedock? "
Member # 1425

- posted      Profile for WizArtist II     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Abbadon:

Man, that book has serious fanboy-issues.
I did like it a lot when I was in Jr High though.

That was what....2 years ago?

--------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world...those that understand Binary and those that don't.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHAAAAHAHA!!!!

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nooo..I'm a tad older than that Whizartist.

But you made GMGFG (sounds like someone with a bone in stuck their throat) laugh so I forgive your jibe.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(prelude to crap)

--------------------

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

Actually, I thought it was prett lame. But since I feel sorry for the retarded people in this world, I thought I'd help the little guy out and laugh at his little "funny".

--------------------

bX
Stopped. Smelling flowers.
Member # 419

- posted      Profile for bX     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I thought it was kinda funny. But then I didn't think Thrawn's idea was all bad either.

W/r/t touchy-feely Vulans. Do you know what's way more interesting than aliens acting human? Aliens acting alien.

I think the Trek universe needs to lay fallow for a little while before we start pitching up our re-start ideas. A lot has happened in 20 years of programming. We need to not think about that for a little while. Maybe.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I'm tempted to start a thread like "What sorts of Star Trek things would you like to see inbetween series, or, perhaps, in lieu of one." Like, I would like to buy a big thick coffee table book of Okudagrams.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

Well, it's pissing in the wind, but I's still like to see that Unseen Frontier book get made.

--------------------
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

B.J.
Space Cadet
Member # 858

- posted      Profile for B.J.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Please! Piss away! I'd love to see it as well. Anyone seen Mojo around recently?

B.J.

This topic comprises 13 pages: 1  2  3  ...  8  9  10  11  12  13   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps