Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » BORG SPACE (Page 1)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: BORG SPACE
DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exactly How big is Borg Space?

------------------

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's ::holds hands apart from each other:: this big, given the known fact that .23 milimeter cubed equals one/ninth of a stellar microscopic parsec with the given parameter of the Technobabble "Okuda 4" Theory as described there. Or is it there?

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant

Continuing to boldly go ...

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alternately, Borg space is as big as the volume occupied by Borg cubes, or the volume of spheres with the radius of Borg weapon range and the number equaling the number of cubes. The Borg could be completely nomadic, holding all space and no space. The most permanent form of Borg presence would be a free-floating Unimatrix complex, of which there might be several all around the galaxy.

There isn't any obvious reason why they wouldn't be in total control of the entire galaxy already, so perhaps it's best to simply say that they don't make a big fuss about controlling it. They let other races like humans or Kazon or Founders live in their space as long as they can be harvested for assimilees and nifty technology every now and then.

Timo Saloniemi

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er, Darky, could you please stop posting topic headings ALL IN CAPITALS? It's very annoying. Thanks.

------------------
"If every vampire who said he was at the Crucifixion was actually there it would've been like Woodstock. I was at Woodstock. I fed off a flower person and I spent six hours watching my hand move." - Spike, BtVS

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Voth, Krenim, and Hirogen must be direct neighbors of the Borg, but for some reason they don't have much trouble with them. The Hirogen are nomadic and therefore it is unlikely that they are going to be assimilated as a whole. The Voth seem advanced enough to pose a serious threat to the Borg. I'm not sure about the Krenim whose technology is about equal to the Federation but whose territory is huge in some timelines and should be very inviting to the Borg.

------------------
"Species 5618, human. Warp-capable, origin grid 325, physiology inefficient, below average cranium capacity, minimum redundant systems, limited regenerative abilities."
Ex Astris Scientia

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm willing to believe that the big Krenim empires were capable of defeating the Borg. Probably Annorax didn't have a clear idea of how to make his empires big and powerful - he just tried out various timeline alterations, and only those that involved some neat little invention or coincidence that helped the Krenim defeat the Borg were "accepted". I doubt Annorax could have traced down the finer details of these timelines even if he wanted to, and he may not even have been aware of what it took to defeat the Borg.

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who are the Voth? In what ep?

------------------
And keep your foot off that blasted samoflanche!

Timo
Member # 245

They are the former tenants of Earth - a bunch of intelligent dinosaurs who up and went into deep space in search of a new home. Apparently, they live in a cityship (or several) and would be rather mighty opponents judging by their technology (transporters that can move entire starships). Then again, they may be low in number and uninterested in conquest. They featured in the episode "Distant Origin".

Timo Saloniemi

Nim
The Aardvark asked for a dagger
Member # 205

- posted      Profile for Nim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah. I missed that one. Well, that can be remedied!

------------------
And keep your foot off that blasted samoflanche!

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

Please can we get back to the subject please.
According to my calculations Borg Space is approximately 22,000 light years long and 10,000 light years wide. Voyager went through the core of it in "Scorpion I&II" and In "The Gift" Kes threw Voyager towards the Edge of Borg Terriotry.
Kes Gift 80 light years into Borg Space
"The Gift" 9500 light years leap near Borg Space
"The Gift-Hope and Fear" 438 near Borg Space
"Hope and Fear" 300 light years leap near Borg Space
"Hope and Fear-Night" 438 light years near Borg Space
"Night" 2,500 light year leap near Borg Space
"Night"-"Timeless" 200 light years near Borg Space
"Timeless" 10,000 light leap near Borg Space

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Darkstar,

Here on the Forum, it is *ILLEGAL* to stay on subject. Go post something about Kira's sex life, and it'll eventually turn to Borg space, I promise.

------------------
Star Trek Gamma Quadrant
Rated 7 out of 10 Smileys by Fabrux

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*LOL @ Staying on topic*

------------------
Buffy: "See, this is a school. And we have students and they check out books and then they learn things."
Giles: "I was beginning to suspect that was a myth."
- Buffy: The Vampire Slayer

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I read a story once about Kira and Dax being lovers.... Odo was a toy, and Bashir was pissing all over himself trying to watch....

------------------
**...****...**

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

"Timeless-Dark Frontier" 438 light years near Borg Space
"Dark Frontier",20,000 light year leap using a transwarp coil 18,000 light years from Borg Space
"Dark Frontier"-"Dragons Teeth" 438 light years 18,438 light years from Borg Space
"Dargons Teeth" 200 light year leap 18,638 light years from Borg Space
"Dragon teeth-The Voyager Conspiracy" 200 light years 18,838 light years from Borg Space
"The Voyager Conspiracy" 600 light year leap 20,438 light years from Borg Space
"The Voyager Conspiracy-Unimatrix Zero One" 438 light 20,876 years from Borg Space
Distace From Ocampa:-45,000 light years

DARKSTAR
Ex-Member

Borg Space is 50,000 light years from Federation Space.

Dominion Space is 70,000 light years from Federation Space

Borg Space is 50,000 light years from Dominion Space

Dominion Space (wormhole) from Ocampa 60,000 light years

Voyager would have taken 60 or 120 years to get there depending on which warp speed you use. I use Warp 6.2 for her MINIUMUM cruising speed Her MAXIMUM cruising speed is Warp 8 and her Maximum Warp is 9.975 fo 12 hours. (capable of crossing 8 light years in that time)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps