Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » General Trek » I give up. (minor "Fair Haven" spoilers) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: I give up. (minor "Fair Haven" spoilers)
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've only seen about twelve minutes of this episode, but already Janeway is suddenly an expert on Irish history, and Neelix talks about bad weather during his childhood on Talax. I now fell completely justified when I insult Voyager's writers.

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is Janeways' heritage supposed to be Irish, I completly forgot, what was her charachter's last name in that episode about the millenial tower thing?

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

"A small penis is a clean penis"
-Matt Real World Hawaii

Black Knight
Member # 134

- posted      Profile for Black Knight     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was Shannon O'Donnell, or was it O'Connell, no I'm pretty sure it was O'Donnell, I could be wrong though.

------------------
Kirk-"Mr. Sulu, ahead Warp 1."
Navigator-"Heading, Sir?"
Kirk-"Out there...somewhere...out thatta-way."--Star Trek: TMP

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First new Voyager episode in over a month and it got pre-empted for College Basketball >

------------------
Calvin: "I'm killing time while I wait for life to shower me with meaning and happiness"
Hobbes: "I hope you're comfy."
Federation Starship Datalink - Starship site of the new millennium.

Gepta001
Member # 231

- posted      Profile for Gepta001     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
*irish accent, well lads, it twasn't that special... Chokotay admitted to having sex with a hologram and Janeway pretty much implied it!!!

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
$$$$$$poilers that would may cause vomitting...$$$$$$

Janeway and her holo-character boy-toy were in a scene where they dance, similar to what Leo DiCaprio and
Kate Winslet were in "Titanic."

Janeway is out of makeup...someone please call the makeup department.

A holo-character hits on Seven of Nine, and gets her.

------------------
Show me the meaning of being lonely
Is this the feeling, I need to walk in
Tell me why I can't be there where you are
There's something missing in my heart

-Backstreet Boys

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hm... I'm starting to feel a bit glad that I missed this episode...

------------------
"The Earl of Sandwich invented the sandwich. Samuel Morse invented the Morse Code. Plato invented the plate."
-Holly, Red Dwarf: "Parallel Universe"

Gepta001
Member # 231

and what was with not mentioning the bermuda triangle at all in the episode, hell we don't even see the ocean at all in the episode, so what do you know, another episode where the preview has nothing to do with the actual episode!! What is it with showing footage in a preview that is not in the episode, this kind of stuff annoys me to no end!! Almost as bad as drivers that don't use their turn signals.

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shannon O'Donnel - I think that is NICE continuity...

------------------
"All the lonely people, where do they all come from" - Eleanor Rigby, The Beatles.

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm. What about the Neelix part of Frank's gripe? Is there a strict canonical statement that he didn't spend parts of his childhood on Talax? After all, the Talaxians are pretty nifty space travelers - hopping between Rinax and Talax should be easy enough.

From what I hear, the episode indeed was a sort of "Fair Haven" for Voyager, without mortal threats in sight. The crew could certainly use more of these lulls. I always wondered when Sam Beckett managed to sleep since he couldn't do it between the episodes...

Timo Saloniemi

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But if Neelix was on Talax all the time, it reduces the significance of "Jetrel." "Oh, yeah, that moon thing was too bad...I liked Talax better anyway."

------------------
Frank's Home Page
"I'm still amazed at how unintuitive the Windows world is and how it tries to mimic the Mac." - John de Lancie

Gepta001
Member # 231

AndrewR: what do you mean nice continuity? Was the name shannon O'connel mentioned in this episode? I don't recall it being mentioned, and Janeways last name in the episode seemed to be O'Clair, Katie O'Clair...

-FTM

------------------
funniest TV quote.....

-Matt Real World Hawaii

Diane
aka Tora Ziyal
Member # 53

- posted      Profile for Diane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Er, that holo-character did not get Seven. I don't know what you're talking about.

Janeway told Sullivan that her aunt came from somewhere called Canticlair (Chanticleer?), so he started calling her Katie O'Clair.

------------------
--Then, said Cranly, do you not intend to become a protestant?
--I said that I had lost the faith, Stephen answered, but not that I had lost self-respect. What kind of liberation would that be to forsake an absurdity which is logical and coherent and to embrace one which is illogical and incoherent?

James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man.

KXZ
Member # 119

- posted      Profile for KXZ     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A pretty good episode. Another problem was the wave front. It was a shockwave, not a Bermuda Triganle in space. Maybe that's a good thing because it made it seem like the anomily from the episode called "One."

------------------
All hands, abandon ship! All hand, abandon...
BOOM!

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did Neelix specifically say "childhood?" If not, it could've been when he was on Talax when the Cascade was deployed.

------------------
Elim Garak: "Oh, it's just Garak. Plain, simple Garak. Now, good day to you, Doctor. I'm so glad to have made such an... interesting new friend today." (DS9: "Past Prologue")

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps