Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$ -- Shockwave, Part 2 -- Spoilers (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$ -- Shockwave, Part 2 -- Spoilers
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking Archer was told not to read that book simply because no one knew about the Romulans yet.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thought of the day - isn't Silik a prisoner now? And when we see him again, shouldn't he be with at least a couple more Suliban? Unless Trip & Co. were running around with pistols on Kill...

Ditto for cell ships - shouldn't they have a couple in the shuttlebay by now?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"By the time he wakes up we'll be long gone."

The implication being that Silik (and probably his pals, if stunned) were dumped on the borrowed pod and left behind.

Why? Well, what good does it do them to hold him? The episode made it clear that the real brains of the operation is the Suliban's future contact, so I doubt interrogating Silik would reveal much.

More to the point, while, if it were me, I'd certainly want to keep him for awhile anyway, what can they do with him? We've yet to see if the ship has a brig. And if they really want to get information out of him, they'll have to deliver him to Earth. (Perhaps this was the other side's plan? Get Enterprise sent back home to deal with the Suliban problem and their mission is just as sunk as if it had been canceled.)

Also, if the Suliban happen to think Silik is important, they'll come back for him. They only avoided destroying the Enterprise because he was being held hostage, so they're obviously willing to go to some lengths to secure his safety. Enterprise is no match for the Suliban. Earth itself might be hard pressed to defend against them, should they try to break him out of some prison in Siberia, say.

Having said all that, while I think living Silik behind makes sense, it seems to be a large enough issue to deserve a little screentime. But, I suppose when you've only got 40 or so minutes...

I'll bet the Tandarans would be none to pleased at this development.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
He probably let Silik go for the same reason he never asked the Ferengi what they were called.

Of course, we have yet to figure out what that reason was...

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

--------------------

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

Still doesn't explain why the first thing they DIDN'T do was keep the cell ship and send at least one of them back home for analysis. I mean, they may not have much transporter tech (and why is that, I wonder?), but teeny pod-sized craft are capable of keeping up with Starfleet's finest at warp 4 or higher - in the TNG era the shuttles that size STILL can't do that. I'd like to think Archer would like to keep one of those in his garage...

Mark

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not to sound like the resident apologist again, but could Enterprise hold one of the cellships? They aren't that big, but they're bigger than a shuttlepod.
Mucus
Member # 24

- posted      Profile for Mucus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it matter? The things have their own warp drive...they could just deliver it to the Vulcan ship which should have plenty of room.
Plus they could just fly it straight to Earth in oh...a few days, judging by the distances to the Klingon homeworld [Wink]

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, but this episode just aired here, and I don't feel like starting a new thread.

Perhaps Archer knew that if they kept the cell ship, the Vulcans would demand it. And Archer doesn't want that, because the Vulcans are big poo poo heads?

One thing does confuse me. The "Romulan Star Empire" thing was obviously a nice little bit of forshadowing for their appearence later this season, but...who wrote that book? Daniels said that all of history was okay up to the Warp 5 program, and then it was changed. Earth of 2151 has no idea who the Romulans are. So, who wrote that book? Did the Romulans attack Earth, devestating the entire surface apart from one lone author who decided to while away the final years of his lonesome life by writing a book about the planets destroyers.

Also, isn't this the first time that "Romulan STAR Empire" has been said in, what, 30 years?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
no offense but what specific country do you live in psy..... wouldnt it be faster to have someone capture and encode a episode so you could dl it, rather than wait 3 and a half months.... even to dl that on dial up wouldnt take 4 months...

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Oh, yes, that's much easier.
Warbadden Hawkins
Member # 905

- posted      Profile for Warbadden Hawkins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well for me its easier but for him it WOULD be FASTER.
I usually associate fast with easy sorry SOL.

--------------------
Captain Hawkins
USS Delphronta

BTW [,.??,;,"",' the, it, outran.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

That's OK. Some PEOPLE have different PRIORITIES.

Capitals!

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some people also have problems with violating copyright laws.

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

Uh, yeah. That is, uh, wrong too.
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps