Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » $$$ -- Shockwave, Part 2 -- Spoilers (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: $$$ -- Shockwave, Part 2 -- Spoilers
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janey had just as much opportunity to ask their name once they became friends, hell 8472 didnt call humans by their borg designation. Hell for that matter, Arctus or whatever the Dauntless dude was only referred to by his Borg designation as well, Janey never asked him, only another of MANY examples seen throughout all of the series that names were not designated for species where communications were established.

And I just cant see Archer going, "uhhh...hey guys, for the record, whats the name your species again?" when his primary concern was recapturing his ship.

I never said the episode was perfect, but back to my original theory: HAD WE NOT previously seen the Ferengi then WE wouldnt have known it to be a Ferengi and all of this wouldnt mattered, so, so what? Would you have been happier if it was klingons? I think people look into this way too much and ASSUME way too much regarding what Archers duties ARE and SHOULD BE. Perhaps this all is just a lame way of showing his naivity.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Errr.... Janey? The hair will have it's revenge for that.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, Archer did ask who the Ferengi were, and they refused to tell him.
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
better yet; even though i dont really recall that, contrary to all the bitchin, everyone else musta missed it too.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he asked them while they had all the weapons, sure they'd refuse. But wouldn't he ask again after he had control?

And, if the writers had put in a species we hadn't seen before, that's fine. We could assume he asked them their names off-screen, or something. But, in this case, we know it was just a convenient cop-out so they could refrain from technically violating continuity, w/o having to be original.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps