Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$)
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To be fair, though...I think we've seen from recent events that some things--including bodies--can fall to earth from the upper atmosppheric limits relatively intact.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Especially if they were contained within some sort of chamber which was strong enough to not burn up. Which would be pretty strong, since I don't think the sphere blew up over the arctic, which means it landed at a shallow angle, passing through as much atmosphere as possible.

Of course, it doesn't have to be the FC sphere, anyway.

And, as stupid as it was, ST7 and VOY already established that the Borg were not new in "Q Who?", so, as long as these scientists don't have a lot of time to study the drones (and they certainly wouldn't be able to get the name "Borg" from them), continuity should be accurately (if tenuously) preserved.

But, then, it still proves that, if the writing team has an ounce of originality among them, that's all they have. They have any number of aliens they can use, both established ones (especially Tholians, Tellarites, etc.: ones we want to see), and an infinite number they can make up, and they fall back on OMG TEH B0RGZ!!!, the most disgustingly overused and ruined bunch in the franchise.

Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, wonderful. I'm so glad that ENT has allowed us to go back to the real meaning of Trek; namely, kickin' Borg ass!!!

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This gives me an idea for a movie about Confederate soldiers uncovering a secret Nazi base.

How cool would that be?

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If it involves a foxy Asian secret agent girl, I'm all for it!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can have a non-foxy Asian secret agent girl?
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nah. Let's watch Enterprise.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe they are going to admit what I believed in the begining, that "Enterprise" is a product of a timeline altered by Picard and company during the events from "First Contact". That would solve a lot of problems that habve already occured in the series. Not the bad writting, but you can't have everything.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Enterprise - 7x24 - Reset Button.
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well... I figured they'd find Hawk's frozen, assimilated corpse floating in orbit, and that would be Enterprise's introduction to the Borg... but I guess this makes as much sense.

I won't judge until I see. But, I'm also wondering how they plan on tying Enterprise in with this episode. Obviously the ship can't encounter a Borg ship in space at the same time all this is happening on on Earth....

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now you know, that's actually interesting idea... Kinda like "Space Oddysey 3001" [Smile]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would hope that Hawk's body would have been retrieved and returned to his family. (Uh, closed casket burial, presumably.) Or, more likely, returned to various top secret research facilities.

Anyway, uh, I'm having a hard time building up the indignation here. The Borg are boring now, this is true. The story seems unnecessary. But it features action on Earth. This is good. It features arctic circle action! This I have always been a sucker for, almost regardless of plot. The Thing? Yes please. The Thing's predecessor which I have seen but whose name I cannot for the life of me recall? (Who Goes There? Or is that the name of the Campbell story?) Super. Every episode of The X-Files where Carter went all Ice Station Zebra on us? Keen X 20.

Anyway, sadly, the last two hours of Star Trek that anyone in the real world cared about was First Contact. Thus: Borg everywhere when ratings are desired.

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This could very likely lead to heated discussion on what exactly happened to Hawk's body [Smile]

Common sense would require them to gather all thing they brought with them, including escape pods, crewmembers, dead bodies... and any Borg remains they could find. [Razz]

Of course, common sense would also require them NOT to return to the future in a manner easily visible to anyone who happened to be watching skies at the right moment. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, I kind of doubt that "random flash in the night sky" equates to "time travellers who just saved our planet returning to their own time" for a significant number of observers.
Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Either way, no harm done. Which can not be said for interjecting our favorite Swedish aliens into ENT.

[ February 20, 2003, 03:48 PM: Message edited by: E. Cartman ]

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps