Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$)
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is this space ship in the ice a swipe from X-Files or from 'The Thing'?

I guess Borg nanoprobes can be frozen at the temperature of water ice but still function in the cold of space.

You'd think the Enterprise crew wouldn't had time to check for debris since they had time to retrieve all the escape pods.

We shouldn't be so shocked. Who didn't except to see the Borg on Enterprise one day?

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now you know, that's actually interesting idea... Kinda like "Space Oddysey 3001"

I'm sorry, but those two sentences are mutually contradictory.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only Swedish aliens I want to see on Enterprise are the Totally Gay Nordic Dudes, thank you very much. Actually, Daniels' holothingy does resemble a continuum transfunctioner. . .

And the 1950s version of "Who Goes There?" was The Thing From Another World.

Last time I saw Neal McDonough was in Band of Brothers, I'm sure he'd be available to play his frozen, balsted semi-assimilated corpse. 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Kazeite
Member # 970

- posted      Profile for Kazeite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Uh, I kind of doubt that "random flash in the night sky" equates to "time travellers who just saved our planet returning to their own time" for a significant number of observers.

And I kind of doubt that "random flash in the night sky" will appear just as random flash of light on Vulcan lander sensors. [Smile]

quote:
Originally posted by Omega:
Now you know, that's actually interesting idea... Kinda like "Space Oddysey 3001"

I'm sorry, but those two sentences are mutually contradictory.

I'm sorry, it must've been my crude English skills [Smile]
What I wanted to say is, that Aban idea reminded me one of the Space Odyssey books featuring astronaut who was killed in first part and brought back to life.

--------------------
"Do I remember about my amnesia?"

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mabye we'll get really lucky and they'll thaw out and de-borgify Lt. Hawk.
NX-01 will get a helmsman worth watching and Merriweather will become the first chief of security...and the red shirt that goes with it. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not surprised. But that doesn't mean that I'm not incredibly pissed.

I don't want to get into yet another discussion what continuity is about. For the record, to me continuity is more than just literal obedience to a set of rules, more than just making sure that something is or is not mentioned or shown.

Half of the episodes so far were based on or heavily relied on anachronistic ideas like holodecks, replicators, cloaking devices, shapeshifters, Romulans, Ferengi and now Borg. If we are picky, the hard continuity breaches were rather few in Enterprise, but the topics of the series are extremely inadequate for what we would have to expect. Even worse, with so few genuine 22nd century ideas in the stories as well as in the details, the premise has utterly failed - only that the producers wouldn't admit that.

The Borg episode may be the final nail in the coffin of the series premise. With other storylines (such as Vulcans vs. Andorians) being further developed, the idea of Enterprise may survive, but once the line has been crossed to allow just any incursion to the timeline, this loss of reputation and credibility will affect the genuine ideas too.

--------------------
Bernd Schneider

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I WARNED you...

looky here:

http://flare.solareclipse.net/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=000380;p=4#000058

posted 29 January, 2003

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Hunter
Member # 611

- posted      Profile for Hunter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We shouldn't be so shocked. Who didn't except to see the Borg on Enterprise one day?

Well yeah I expected the Borg to appear on Enterprise. I kinda hoped that it would be much later in the series and that it would be short i.e. Archer's shown the Borg as a reason for the formation of the Federation or as a possible faction in the temporal cold war, instead of having somebody do a copy of The Thing with the Borg.

Of course this could be a third arc in the show along side the TCW and the Vulcan-Andorian hotilites-lead to birth of federation: the 23-24th century stuff that dosen't belong arc!

So in season 1 we had the Ferengi, we've got the Borg in season 2, so what's for season 3? the Gorn? Captain Riker of the Titan for season 4? The Guardian of Forever in season 5? Sarek in season 6? Admiral Janeway and Seven of Nine in season 7?

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by E. Cartman:
Either way, no harm done. Which can not be said for interjecting our favorite Swedish aliens into ENT.

You mean the Swedishn bikini team are aliens???

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As far as I know, Neal McDonough still plays the DA on "Boomtown"... right?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The thing to ask is, how does having the Borg around in the 22nd century lead to developing characters like Archer, Phlox or Mayweather? What else can you do with the Borg without having them be some awful menace that in the end does no REAL harm.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It attracts the 12-year old fans.

Perhaps T'Pol will be assimilated and subsequently cured by Phlox, leaving her with some implants above her eye!

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anything that'll make her act more like a fucking VULCAN and less of a Braga fantasy sex kitten would actually be a bonus.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You mean the Swedishn bikini team are aliens???

Guess that depends on which country you are from.

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Vogon Poet:
Anything that'll make her act more like a fucking VULCAN and less of a Braga fantasy sex kitten would actually be a bonus.

Well, one could argue that every Trek series has one.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps