Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$)
Alshrim Dax
Member # 258

- posted      Profile for Alshrim Dax     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While they're at it.. I think they should find Data's head from the TNG episode where he was with Guinan and Mark Twain in the 1800's - before the TNG clan come back to get it!!!!

For that matter.. I think Guinan should be the one running from the Borg, AND SHE FINDS THE borg and she tries to hide it .. and she becomes known as a spy from the Romulan Empire ... then the Andorians will cry WAR because Starfleet is harboring a romulan!

Meanwhile Data's head comes to life and he starts singing show-tunes and asking for his violin.

They should keep to their own shit - and leave the borg where it is. In the future!

--------------------
o::{====> Alshrim Dax <====}::o

~ Cry Havoc - and let slip the dogs of war!

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll wait till its on to judge it.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"I'm sorry, it must've been my crude English skills"

No it wasn't. What you said made sense. Omega was just voicing his opinion that he term "interesting" cannot be used to describe the book 3001.

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whatever happened to "Boomtown?" Is it on 'indefinate hiatus?' It was enjoyable in its way.
Wraith
Zen Riot Activist
Member # 779

- posted      Profile for Wraith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
The Thing? Yes please.
hmm... crossover, anyone? [Wink]

i actually quite like Hunters idea of Archer (and only Archer) being shown the borg as one reason for forming the Federation. This would, however, be pretty pointless as we already have the Romulans.

--------------------
"I am an almost extinct breed, an old-fashioned gentleman, which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-bitch when it suits me." --Jubal Harshaw

Cartman
just made by the Presbyterian Church
Member # 256

- posted      Profile for Cartman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If the Federation was formed with the partly surreptitious purpose of uniting the quadrant against the Borg, why were Picard & Company left out of the strategic intelligence loop?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is there anyone who thinks Enterprise + Borg = good idea? What about the "Major Barclows" over at TrekBBS?

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I weren't that tired of the Borg, I wouldn't mind one (!) episode dealing with the FC Borg-sphere.

But the Borg have been overdone on Voyager, hence I don't want to see them on Enterprise no matter how well they solve the continuity problem.

[ February 22, 2003, 07:00 AM: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Majorbarcalow was a clever (and really funny, I might add) troll. He revealed himself quite a long time ago. But I know at least someone (not on this board) who's really looking forward to seeing "the coolest aliens" appearing on ENT. He's more of a casual viewer.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by AndrewR:
Is there anyone who thinks Enterprise + Borg = good idea? What about the "Major Barclows" over at TrekBBS?

They have a poll running over there.

quote:

It's a really good idea
15/04%

It's an OK idea, if its handled correctly
82/23%

It's probably a bad idea (messes with continuity, overuse, etc)
81/23%

It's a really terrible idea
100/28%

I'll wait and see how the episode turns out
67/19%

I honestly have no opinion either way
6/01%

I didn't vote. I've like amybe three episodes so far this season, and that wont be enough to get me to come back to it nextseason. Once Buffy ends, I may drop the Superstations from my dish, and save myself 7 bucks a month. I don't watch them much except for those two shows.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I was initially ready to shoot someone at Paramount over this, upon reading through the episode synopsis on TrekToday, I've come to the conclusion that it probably won't turn out to be so bad---provided that this doesn't become a recurrent thing. Actually, tying it in with First Contact is pretty clever writing, if you ask me.

And we do already know that there was knowledge of the Borg within the upper echelons of Starfleet long before TNG "Q Who?" as per VGR "The Raven" and "Dark Frontier."

Of course, you may take my opinion with the knowledge that I'm one of the few who wasn't outraged or even disappointed by "Acquisition," so...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by The Mighty Monkey of Mim:

Of course, you may take my opinion with the knowledge that I'm one of the few who wasn't outraged or even disappointed by "Acquisition," so...

-MMoM [Big Grin]

I think that's only because of Trip running around in his underwear! [Smile]

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That was a low blow...er ...let me rephrase that.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Justice inclines her scales so that wisdom comes at the price of suffering.
-Aeschylus, Agamemnon

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It sounds pretty original to me, not as if we were really looking forward to our what? 22nd blatant Borg episode (+1 movie)....and 26th semi-Borg episode overall?? [Frown] I mean, one way or another wasnt the 21st Century already aware of the Borg, a la Lily, not to mention ships named Enterprise?? [Wink] Wait, who gets credit for Cochranes first flight, Riker and LaForge?? I hate paradoxs, though I think this is a good idea for an episode based on that premise. As long as they can manage to keep 22nd Century Borg, 22nd Century Borg Vessels, Janeway, Picard, Locutus, the Queen, Hugh, Lore, or Ferengi out of the picture there is a chance that keeping this episode an "isolated, what the hell are these things" episode then I will be able to sleep tonite.

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Again, it's not the continuity we're worried about. It's the fact that a good show is expected to come up w/ something original, not rehash something that was used (by the same people) ad nauseam in the last series.
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps