Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums
Topic Closed  Topic Closed
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Community » Other Television Shows » ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: ($$$) We've all dreaded this day. Now it's here. ($$$)
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
Again, it's not the continuity we're worried about. It's the fact that a good show is expected to come up w/ something original, not rehash something that was used (by the same people) ad nauseam in the last series.

Hence why I said that as long as they can manage to keep 22nd Century Borg, 22nd Century Borg Vessels, Janeway, Picard, Locutus, the Queen, Hugh, Lore, or Ferengi out of the picture there is a chance that keeping this episode an "isolated, what the hell are these things" [incident].

Creating an "isolated incident"-type episode to explore the possibility of finding the remains of a 24th century Borg Sphere that was destroyed by a 24th century Federation/Starfleet starship during the 21st Century is an interesting premise, AS LONG AS they stick to it being a single 2-part episode that doesnt involve more Borg (inc. 24th, 22nd, 53rd, 18th Century Borg) before, during, or after that cliff-hanger concludes, period. It is feasable to do, moreso than the Ferengi or holodecks or Vulcans stalking Sputnik have been, because we know that the possibility of wreckage exists, because it WAS there, or will be there in the futures past.

Yes, I agree with you about originality in Enterpise as a whole; but if Berman INSISTS on rehashing an old idea, this certainly has been the most original concept thus far, just look at the new Klingon ep coming up and tell me that this at least sounds more interesting.

Dont get me wrong, I do hate the Borg and all the screwing Janeway has done with the Borg, but this does at least sound interesting. At least they are using an original idea as an element of a paradox: "here is a ship that wont be in known use for another 220 years destroyed 90 years ago" lets write a story about it. It has to a better concept then "All Good Things..." was, and even though it IS the Borg, at least its a good idea. How the episode as a whole pans out, that is something yet to be determined

--------------------
Hey, it only took 13 years for me to figure out my password...

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It has to a better concept then "All Good Things..."
Boggle?
Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

- posted      Profile for Gvsualan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought "All Good Things" was a piss poor excuse of a paradox in relation to how this one has the potential to work.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I see how the Borg thing is a paradox.
Jason Abbadon
Rolls with the punches.
Member # 882

- posted      Profile for Jason Abbadon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, in the remains of the Sphere they find schematics for 7 of 9's breast implants and realize that the same technology is in T'Pol's breast implants.....then Wesley shows up......then the crew have to stop that Bill Gates ripoff from Voyager and steal back all the tech he stole....then Voyager stops him...then Braga runs out of ideas again ....then somebody finds Data's head and Guinan joins the crew....then the Enterprise crew will dress up in Nazi uniforms for some reason....then as the stories run dry there'll be a proportional increase in "special two hour movie event" episodes...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You forgot the wrestling in monster trucks episode.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, are they going to adopt 7 of 9 and have a T'Pol/Sato/Seven decon episode or what?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"...just look at the new Klingon ep coming up and tell me that this at least sounds more interesting."

The Klingon episode sounds far more appealing.

Kosh
Perpetual Member
Member # 167

- posted      Profile for Kosh     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Harry:
So, are they going to adopt 7 of 9 and have a T'Pol/Sato/Seven decon episode or what?

That might renew my interest in the show.

--------------------
Sparky::
Think!
Question Authority, Authoritatively.
“Believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you see.”
EMSparks

Shalamar:
To save face, keep lower half shut.

Gvsualan
Perpetual Member
Member # 968

*checks for pulse*

Whoa, there is a room solely for Enterprise related topics...I'll be damned.

--------------------

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wanted to like this show, but honestly, I find it too boring. I doubt the Borg would peak my curiosity. Also, I think I am the only guy who doesn't find T'Pol (or the actress) attractive at all. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Picard: Mr. Crusher, what's our maximum speed this week?
Wesley: [checking manual] Uh, 9.4, sir.
Picard: Very good. Take us to Warp 9.8 then.
Wesley: Aye, sir. Warp 9.2 it is.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are not.
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would assume that around here those of us that find T'Pol attractive are the minority.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs
astronauts gotta get paid
Member # 239

- posted      Profile for Vacuum robot lady from Spaceballs     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Or just undersexed horny nerd males.

She is scary and scary.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's better looking than Jeri Ryan, at least. [Smile]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Open Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps