Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » D-7 battlecruiser $Prophecy$ (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: D-7 battlecruiser $Prophecy$
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What about the blinking light from the organia episode...

------------------
"This is cooling, faster than I can..." Tori Amos "Cooling"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, all of the battlecruisers are basically identical, unless one observes the tiny details or surface patterning. Yet it would not be good form to call the K't'inga the same as the TOS ship (these can't even be refits of each other unless the whole forward pod was changed, since the shapes differ).

IMHO the minor differences between TOS and TAS vessels would justify differing designations - and internal differences could be more extreme, considering that only the TAS ships were seen with stasis weapons, and the interiors of the TOS ships in Romulan service differed quite a bit from the TAS Klingon interiors (too bad we never saw Klingon interiors in TOS).

The fact that we saw no definite ship in "Errand of Mercy" could mean that Klingons had partially working cloaks back then. Or then we could simply rejoice on the fact that for once we saw space combat at realistic distances, so that the opponents saw each other only as specks of light.

Timo Saloniemi

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, post a comment, don't visit for a few days, come back to find 30 replies. Now I have quite the information to disseminate and add to my knowledge base. The reason I posted it in the first place was that I had always differentiated the TOS ship from the movie version by calling the former a D7 and the latter a K'T'Inga. After I heard Tuvok's comment I just had to post it here and see the opinions come in. Now I need to read through them all, but thanks to everyone for posting.

------------------
"The Internet. Is that thing still around?"
-Homer Simpson

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aaahhhhh, you are very welcome, yes, very welcome indeed.....

------------------
"One's ethics are determined by what we do when no one is looking" Nugget
Star Trek: Gamma Quadrant
Star Trek: Legacy
Read them, rate them, got money, film them

"...and I remain on the far side of crazy, I remain the mortal enemy of man, no hundred dollar cure will save me..." WoV

[email protected]
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the Klingon ship seen on Voyager's "Prophecy" had 2 disrupters on each nacelle it's a D7 class battlecruiser!

JDW

IP: Logged
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of which, when was the last time we saw a Klingon battlecruiser fire disruptors?

It would seem the effects people have never watched TOS, and are thinking that the only weapons ports on the ships are the opening at the bow and (on select ships) a corresponding hole at the stern. This is where torps and red (phaser?) beams always erupt from.

Timo Saloniemi

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just watched "Rules of Engagement" over the weekend. In the battle scene with the Klingons there was the Jein-built model from "Trials and Tribulations" which O'Brien referred to as an old battlecruiser. I had not paid attention the first time I watched that episode. I didn't know that they had used it outside of T&T.
And the D-7 in "Prophecy" definately wasn't the model built for T&T.

------------------
"The Internet. Is that thing still around?"
-Homer Simpson

[This message has been edited by Galen (edited February 20, 2001).]

Timo
Member # 245

Hey, that's really interesting! I have a (low-res) tape of "Rules", and I'd like to see if I can spot the telltale signs, too. What would those signs be?

The "Rules" ship used the red beam weapon firing from the bow opening, again suggesting that if a connection with TOS was attempted, it was a rather half-hearted attempt. Or then a deliberate effort to show that these old ships are useful only through major refitting that involves swapping the primary weapons.

Timo Saloniemi

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps